Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I'm up with Vaan as support. I also have Zidane, Y'shtola, Edge, WoL, and Penelo if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I finally got the last red crystals for Vaan and he is truly ridiculous with both Brv+HP moves. I was having trouble with co-op because everyone else sucks and now I can carry. Hit me up if you need help!

It is mind-boggling how many people don't grasp the basic mechanics of games they're playing. I just finished a match with a Zidane and WoL - the Zidane blew through all of his Stellar Circle on a broken Iron Giant (doesn't do anything) and used his HP attack just before being hit and thereby giving the enemy over 2k brave. The WoL kept doing 0 damage HP attacks instead of literally any other better option.

Incidentally this is why I stopped playing Terra Battle when it came out. You had to do co-op to level your espers and people couldn't understand how to make chains after watching me do it properly for an entire match. I quit when I carried a team that lost because a member couldn't make more than a single pair and flubbed the killing blow AND got us killed in the process.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Is Squall the only one who can equip his armor? Just want to make sure this second copy is only for limit breaking.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

silvergoose posted:

Okay so I asked before but no one answered

HOW do you limit break a weapon? I don't recall seeing a tutorial for it.

You have to feed it either copies of itself or Power Stones (which aren't in the game yet).

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Beasteh posted:

They are, you get them for selling 5* gear :science:

Oh I didn't know that - I haven't gotten enough 5* to consider selling any. I was thinking of the ones that will eventually be available in the points shop.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Combo posted:

Yeah I don't have crystals for Terra just yet (because I wasted them on Yda) but I see the potential with her. I've run into some people in MP with a Terra that just wrecks things.

Her level 60 awakenings turn the chants into actual Brv+HP attacks that also buff her. I think the Falchion is worth pulling.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Shoenin posted:

My 5*'s are Wol, Zidane, Y'shtola, Firion, Yang, and I rolled again and got Terra as well.
I heard half draws were decently common. Is that true to an extent?

The SE rep posted on reddit that half off draws will be reserved for special events. He did not define that any further.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

wizard on a water slide posted:

Yeah, Yshtola seems pretty good too. I think the only "bad healers" are the ones like Aeris who don't really do anything but recover HP.

"Bad" only in the current meta. They'll wait for people to sell all their healing weapons and then introduce new mechanics that require HP healing as a cash grab.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I changed my support to Yuna with Esuna-All for this event.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I dumped my 30 tickets because this banner has only ranged weapons and I don't have any. I only got a couple of 4* items. :(

Something important I learned from reddit is that 35 CP weapons are apparently character exclusive. Thus, it is worth saving off-character 15 CP weapons for your favorite characters because the 5* stats vastly outperform all 4*. In addition, saving some weapons can be powerful in events like this one where Yuffie can steal the super BRV buff from the Zuu.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I love the Ifrit EX advice posts on reddit. Someone asked for help and a whale said they had no problems with all 3 of Cloud's weapons MLB and passives equipped along with MLB Squall and MLB someone else.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

im freaking the heck out posted:

Quick question, you guys talk about 35cp weapons coming. So is it even worth it to say limit break Yuna or Cloud's 5 star weapons right now?

The goal is to have the 15 CP weapon maxed so you can equip its passive while using the 35 CP weapon for its passive as well.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Finally cleared Ifrit EX. I did it in two runs - one to get the score and first two bonuses and the second with no breaks. The second run hinged on the Chimera using back kick to kill Vaan at the end instead of breaking him.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
x4 crystals is incredible and I am using my entire stock of keys and items to get my guys maxed. A bunch of my characters are level 15 with 40+ crystal strength.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I managed one clear - you have to go balls to the wall dps on one of them and you really need a dispel. Use two summons to take out one because it gets way easier. Balthier or Vanille are super good to wipe their buffs.

These coops are way over tuned for this point in the game's life cycle. Reminds me of Dragon Project locking necessary materials behind level 150 monsters when everyone was less than 50 because they gave us events way too early.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Got Balthier's coop down now. One of the synergy characters is pretty much necessary and more is better. You need to be able to recover quickly from both machines targeting the same character at the beginning or the run will be a slow grind to your death.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Dragomorph posted:

It boggles my mind how many people still try to bring in Cloud or Squall to this thing. Do they just not notice the synergy thing, or have they just not tried to build up any other characters, or...

At this point I just leave waiting room if there aren't at least 2 synergy characters. It's the difference between a relatively easy 25-30k points and 20 minutes of my life wasted on a losing battle.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Definitely get Bartz up with your yellow crystals. Missile+ cuts enemy brave in half.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

hamsystem posted:

The only ones worth leveling are the 4* ones, but you limit break them with copies of itself just like weapons and armor. Use the 2* & 3* to level them up and then once you max it's level you'll get a couple random passive abilities you can equip on your character.

Also, once you level an artifact you have that passive permanently. You can then take your maxed artifact and feed it to the next one for a pile of experience and a limit break.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I just did a triple Terra run for 43k points. This coop is much better than the last one now that people are using synergy characters and learning the fight.

Regarding the grind, we got this fight very early. 1 million isn't that hard to do with 25k+ per run. Future coops will be easier when we're able to get 100k+ per run.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I've seen a lot of interesting ways to die in this coop, but watching a Terra chant when the boss only has 400 BRV before using Wave Cannon really takes the cake.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I did a 10+1 pull for her weapon and was lucky enough to get it on the first try. It literally turns everyone into Terra+Meltdown and heals at the same time.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Shoenin posted:

God, Online only poo poo is so dumb because people are so loving bad.

Dont do a loving HP attack when they're targeting you fuckfaces. Just lost another Co-op because my team are gibbling dumbasses.

E:Im dumb and didnt realize Eiko's HP Regen is a brv's battery move as well.
I also just realized she's pretty much Firion's best friend with his flower fetish perk.

Me: HP Attack! HP Attack! No worries! HP Attack! HP Attack!
Pub: chants Meltdown at full brave

Me: BRV Attack! BRV Attack! BRV Attack!
Pub: HP Attack
Boss: Wave Cannon
Pub: dead
Me: restart

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I just had an amazing experience with two whales passive aggressively spamming stickers at each other. If they hadn't been waiting until the last possible second to enter an action it would have been hilarious.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

J3ng4 posted:

Used my last 5k gems to pull Eiko's weapon! I was going to stockpile gems but as of right now we are still getting a steady stream and I will most likely be saving the rest for 35 CP pulls. I will be behind when that content hits but as long as I can pull one or two of my favourites during that time I'll be cool.

Just have fun. I've played a bunch of gacha games and you can hoard indefinitely because there's always something better around the corner. The disappointment is crushing when you save for months and get nothing.

My rule for all games is to pull when you're happy getting anything on a banner. Never pull for a single item because RNG hates you.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Ubiquitus posted:

The last level isn't dropping a single tier 1 or 2 item. . .

Are you talking about the items needed for 1-10? Those drop from level 3.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Well I was lucky enough to get 3 copies of Tidus 15CP and his 35CP in 25 tickets. Took 3 gem pulls to get the last 15CP. I'll switch my support when I get him up.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
The Tidus coop seems perfectly tuned. A good team can clear it in less than 20 turns but you can get obliterated if you don't keep Seymour's brave low while handling the adds. I have a wife, infant, and 60 hour job. I don't have time to do 40-50 turn slogs 100 times.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Shoenin posted:

Or someone being a dipshit and summoning with 7 turns before an enemy attacks

This is for scoring purposes. Fewer turns gives a much higher score. They're hoping to mostly kill the boss ASAP.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Arbitrary Number posted:

Scoring is pretty unintuitive to be fair. Breaks seem to hurt your score, but the highest score (~70000) I've gotten for the Tidus event was when we got slowed by Laguna's grenade and got broken by seymour's starting aoe, making our ifrit/shiva summons come up way faster than usual. Our turn count was way lower which made up for the breaks.

Score is all about the turns. Breaks on both sides massively increase the summon gauge. You should try to get broken to bring up your summons faster and bring your turns down. Also you should leave at least one of the adds alive to keep breaking it to boost the summon gauge and get the break brave bonus.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The number of 4* artifacts dropping is fuckin' nuts, I feel like if I used a treasure tome I'd be having to clear out my inventory after every round. I'm actually bottlenecked by not having enough 2 and 3* ones to feed to all of these things - I'm kinda tempted to use 4*s as fodder but that's probably a bad idea.

Don't worry about using crap 4* as fodder. Sazh, Steiner, and Yuffie come to mind immediately.

I would love to get a non-garbage artifact. Just one. I have rolled a boost exactly once in dozens of artifacts and it was Mighty Brave * on Eiko.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Oh look another CP15 low def/low HP

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I contributed 250k in about 10 minutes solo. It's pathetic that I can finish them in 12 turns by myself when groups take 25+.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I tried to beat the Chimera when a MLB Sazh joined. How bad could he be?

He's really, really bad. We barely took off half of the boss health when he ran out of skills. Then we died shortly after. Even with MLB weapon and armor he's terrible.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Just had a host bail because I used an HP attack with 4k brave while being targeted. Joke's on them - I took over to complete a 27 turn win by deliberately taking breaks to charge summons. People are way too afraid to just take the breaks.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Ask Me For Warez posted:

They needed those 20 gems.

I thought that but clear with no breaks is not a condition for 70 coop.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I wasn't planning to pull this banner but my wife goaded me into two pulls which got me two copies of Prishe 35CP. 50k gems and 70 tickets later I am the proud owner of a fully MLB Prishe and will not be pulling again for a long time.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I've been super busy with work and haven't even had the chance to start prishe coop....

these things coming out in such short shotgun amount of time is really putting me off even bothering...

Just skip it. There's nothing irreplaceable. Losing 5 armor tokens sucks but as you pointed out the events with tokens come every week.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

That's part of the reason why I wish there was a solo mode for that stuff, because honestly using the same summon every time is boring but using the "wrong" one is an insanely huge hit to your score - like, a team with all Chocobos will probably end up with triple the score of a team that has 2 Chocobos and 1 Ifrit or whatever. It sucks because yeah, you should be able to use whatever you want, but it's also a pain in the dick when you just want to grind out the armor tokens and be done with the repetitive boss fight and now you've got to do it 2 or 3 more times because turn count is all that matters.

Making all of the end-game content multiplayer only was a bad idea, imo, even though, yes, you don't "have" to do it.

Yeah I have an infant and very limited time to play games. I will quit the match if someone isn't using level 11 Chocobo/Sylph because you're taking my score from 50-60k to 30-40k. Sorry, but the score system puts way too much emphasis on turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Shoenin posted:

I am going to save at least 80K gems and 100 Tickets for when Rydia shows up so I can at least guarantee the 35CP and try to limit break the 15 CP.

speaking of Limit breaking, when you successfully limit break something they drop their passive that they give. Like with Tidus' armor it gives something called DESTRUCTION which gives the bonuses his armor gives. Does equiping that Passive while you have said armor/weapon on do anything extra or is it pointless to do and only there if you equip something else entirely?

The passives from weapons and armor don't stack if you're using that particular weapon or armor.