Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The substance that Yoel popped for was called "Shred RX". I can't remember who I heard say it but it was something along the lines of "If something called Shred RX doesn't have drugs in it then you should ask for your money back".

Thanks for putting the thread up CommonShore, I had to fly out for work on Friday and just got back home. I could just about put together a few shitposts on my phone, certainly couldn't get an OP going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If Cyborg loses this fuckin' thing then Old Musky's mate in his Tesla car currently rocketing towards Mars will be able to hear my laughter.

C'mon MMA gods prove this is the funniest timeline.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rigel posted:

That won't be a problem unless Yamasaki is literally the ref again.

The people who blamed the UFC matchmaking for the Shevchenko debacle are loving idiots because anyone else would have stopped it quickly.

That's very true, but the fight still had no business being sanctioned. A 14-3 mma fighter who is also a kickboxing world champion and considered one of the best female muay thai fighters in the world, with a 18-year combat sports career vs someone who started training fighting three years ago and is a blue belt in bjj. Sure, she had an 8-0 record but some of the girls she beat had records like 4-8, 2-5 and 0-6.

What's really stupid about it is that it makes no one look good. Bullet looks bad for beating the poo poo out of a tomato can, Cachoiera looks bad for how viciously she got mauled, her corner look like idiots for letting her go back out there after the first, the UFC looks bad because of how long it was left to go for, Yamasaki is always going to look like he has atlanto-axial subluxation due to having congenital trisomy on the 21st chromosome, and the commission looks bad for letting them get into the octagon together.

It's a real shift away from the Joe Silva school of booking where it would have been good for the promotion going forward no matter who wins. Imagine Cachoiera got insanely lucky and won this. You're going to put her in the #1 contender spot at W125 like they did with Schevchenko? gently caress no.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
So Cyborg is going on as the main? Imagine thinking that people want to see the Cyborg/Anna Kournikova fight more than they want to see The Answer vs. T-City.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Luke Rockhold is training with Henri Hooft at Hard Knocks 365 instead of AKA.

Betting the farm on The Cuban Muscle Crisis

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Who should she have fought instead to make that the case?

Maybe the Invicta champ who's about to be signed? She wants to fight Schev to start with anyway, it would have saved that pointless brutalising we saw on the weekend.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Will they let the fight go on if he doesn't, but he can't win the title?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Nope, same place as always

https://twitter.com/grabaka_hitman

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/MiddleEasy/status/962552863225466880

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Memento posted:

Luke Rockhold is training with Henri Hooft at Hard Knocks 365 instead of AKA.

Betting the farm on The Cuban Muscle Crisis

:smugdog:

I forgot to place a bet though :negative:

Does this make Henri Hooft something like 1-9 in recent coaching?

Memento fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 11, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Putting this here so I can grab it for next month's thread.

https://i.imgur.com/bo2blqT.gifv

Also because everyone needs to see Rockhold being sent to The Upside-Down one more time.

Memento fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Feb 11, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Some very important news fresh off the twitters.

https://twitter.com/DenisGeykoRT/status/962701514593665026

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Unfunny Poster posted:

Weidman demanding a title shot is comical.

Hey now, since he lost the belt he got brutally knocked out by Third Round Romero, then brutally knocked out by His Own Idiocy, then submitted a fat welterweight. Totally worthy of a title shot!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It really does. Him vs. Knuckles for the belt is a really intriguing fight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Bruce Buffer's signet ring

The Stylebender enjoying some post-fight refreshment

https://twitter.com/SubmissionAus/status/962641925009432581

Memento fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 12, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Was it the talk of moving to 205? He said as much today, can't remember when he started with that talk though.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Jon "Probationer" Jones is getting in front of the CSAC on the 27th February

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chillanese posted:

he was scared of johnny's roid powers

Well, I mean, we joke about Johny Hendricks now but he was actually pretty good at doing PEDs

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Worse or better than Phil Brooks?

trick question, no one's that bad

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

Calm down Beavis

If he dies, he dies.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Soothing Vapors posted:

I have murdered the joke. It is dead now

This is for the best.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LobsterMobster posted:

Machida vs Belfort being talked about for some future Brazil card i can't be bothered to look up/link to

yknow, just fyi

The Old Man and the Pee

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowman_McK posted:

Goddamit, this stupid loving meme is here too.

I get that we're not allowed to use the R-word anymore but I really miss it for people who trot that bullshit out.

"Conor landed more on Floyd than Pac did!"

"landed"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Never stop being Nate, Nate.

edit: UFC of India deleted their tweet, someone from head office probably told them off.

https://twitter.com/fearthe_beard11/status/965449422757744642

loving hell can Ariel be any more of a loving square?

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/965447153563947010

Memento fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 19, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
cross posting this so it doesn't get lost in the GDT

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

JaySB posted:

I think Cowboy realizes his 170 train is derailed and there's no real path to a title for him there whereas he has the potential to come down to 155 and make a 2-3 fight run at the title.

Agreed, but I think all three top-3 155 guys beat him handily.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Memento posted:

The Old Man and the Pee

Confirmed

https://twitter.com/ufc_brasil/status/966055986560684032

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bubba Smith posted:

UFC has been trash for a while, but this summer should have fights like Stipe vs Cormier, Mighty Mouse vs Dillashaw, and Conor is going to fight somebody. If it's for the LW belt who knows, probably not, but he'll fight somebody.

I've seen some noise around the place about a trilogy fight with Nate. Which isn't something I'm all that interested in from a competition point of view, but whatever. The spectacle will be fun at least.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Apparently Conor has started referring to himself as "The Champ Champ™" because he wants to have that as a trademark he can use for merchandise, and is in a dispute with Champion sportswear over the use of the term.

Shout out to my boy Secret Moves MMA on twitter for wading into the sea of bullshit that is Conor McGregor doing anything that isn't fighting in the cage.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

handsome only face posted:

Conor fight Shang Tsung

more likely imo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Jacare vs. Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 224. That's actually a pretty intriguing fight. I could see Kelvin getting the better of Jacare.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gay Horney posted:

I'm pretty sure Kelvin annihilated weidman at one point? Didn't he drop him hard at the end of round one

Yeah blasted him really hard, probably would have got him if it wasn't for the bell.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

JaySB posted:

It Really Bothers Me That He Types Like This

My grandmother types like that and she's 90. It really seems to be an old person thing. And yeah it gives me the shits as well.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I was kind of on the fence as to who I wanted to win that one, but now I hope Khabib stomps him a new rear end in a top hat.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Bobby Knuckles is going to the Olympics!

[presses earpiece]Wait, I'm getting something from upstairs

Sorry folks, turns out he's not going to the Olympics, he's going to their short-bus riding cousin, the Commonwealth Games. Apologies for the confusion.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lid posted:

Who would be the best 165 fighter in the world? RDA?

165 would be great for everyone, and either RDA or Khabib would be the answer to your question.

But I think the reason the talk about it is coming out now is that Conor and GSP are going to fight for the inaugural belt. It's the biggest money fight around right now and they get to crown their first ever triple-weight champion.

Then GSP big-brothers Conor all over the cage.

Of course I could be completely wrong but it's the dumbest thing they could do from a pure competition standpoint, so you know it's going to happen.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

willie_dee posted:

I don't understand how he isn't squeezing Jon's knee under the table to get him to shut the gently caress up or doing something that we can't see, because he doesn't even look like he is listening half the time, just organising papers.

Works on retainer?
No, money down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lid posted:

UFC science stuff Marches on

Awww yeah

• Locked thread