Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was completely shook by the twist that the plot was initiated by Real Howards Wife giving intelligence to Other Howard. Or perhaps not it could be a twist.

Also Other Olivia Williams dying knowing that Other Her and Other Howard are still together because Other Her has been lying their entire life. Man there was some really interesting stuff.

edit: and the Plague stuff was introduced well as well. There is a lot I like about this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Chop Sunni posted:

Loved loved loved the horsetrading and the paranoid protection of resources and secrets... man imagine finding out that at least twice as many people know about your criminal conspiracy and oh great your counterpart might get to you first

I worry that the drier tinker-taylor parts of the show will doom it :(

Yeah they creators have read a bunch of Le Carre and Deighton novels that's for sure.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I thought the census data was a case of the two sides are antagonistic and they want to know how many people live in the US because it's practically a form of military intelligence.

edit: Like if they know the population is small enough they can't invade or whatever.

double edit: I also love how they've created a contemporary analogue for the Cold War complete with Rich/Poor dynamics. And the irony of creating an eternal other cold war as a result of the cold war arms race is pretty sweet and delicious.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Feb 8, 2018

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The dopest thing they did was have mirroring external shots of the appartment, but to show the transition to "our" world they just added in a bunch of noise of cars and people. It was super subtle and awesome. Show is great.

Accretionist posted:

I love sad JK Simmons and also not-sad JK Simmons.

This

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That twist was the plot of a LeCarre novel A Call For the Dead smiley works out it wasn't the dude but the dudes wife who is the spy

Unrelated to actual spoilers but the coffee cup staining things so you know it is yours is mentioned in a Len Deighton novel but it is probably a coincidence.

joe football posted:

Laughed out loud at the sci fi polygraph scene

Interrogators: Tell us your secrets :mad:
dumbass nice guy Howard: I dunno :confused:
Interrogators: Oh my god he's more devious then ever :ohdear:

I loving loved this

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 27, 2018

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So good.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
His wife return to the other side but then next season THE BIG TWIST is that she was a double agent after being converted by our ipods and iphones.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The only thing I dislike has been Quayle being a total idiot instead of using one of the many opportunities to do the right thing. I don't mind that he's done the wrong thing, but the manner in which he keeps loving up seems particularly ham fisted when everything else has been so great.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Blind Rasputin posted:

I mean that seemed accurate to me how else are you supposed to know when a secret cell phone is ringing?

Lmao.

Is the voice mail "hello you have reached my secret phone please leave a message after the secret tone."

I know what they wanted to achieve that that's where the phone is, and she realises that she is just out of reach of it. But the way they do it, so accurately pointed out, makes no sense. I mean, I don't think it completely breaks the verisimilitude of the show too much but yeah, it's kinda hokey.

The show on one hand has dead drops, but also, phones set to vibrate left on in the vent. gently caress the more I think about how stupid it is the more I kind of love this show.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mcbexx posted:

Who schedules a 10 episode season and leaves a one week gap between the end of season two-parter?

I wonder if that's incompetence or malice - can't even tell which would be worse.

It is a german co production for all we know something pre empts it in germany this week right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So because im dumb the ending to quayles storyline is that she is faking the marriage ie: manipulating him right? Not she is faking the marriage because she loves the child and wants to keep her family together?

• Locked thread