Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Josh Lyman posted:

How is the US so bad at curling? Minnesota alone has 5.5 million people which is slightly more than Norway.

First time I ever heard about curling was taking the bus into St. Paul from Minneapolis, which goes by a curling club.

Didn't believe my father's answer when I asked him what curling was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

In retrospect I am impressed he knew that much!

Related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQF5xuLrjpY

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late-late-...ns-ron-funches/

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Tolly Totes posted:

Can't help but feel like there's an issue in game design when teams are literally trying to avoid scoring

Might I introduce you to Kevin Martin? Canada adopted the free guard zone because of his ability to clear the house (and then went the to the international rule a efw years later so players would be accustomed to it for Worlds).

e. my wife was at an event when someone, after Martin peeled rock after rock after rock, yelled "booring!", to which he responded "winning!"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

There is an outdoor bonspiel a block away from my place on Saturday and they are offering introductory lessons, might head over and throw a rock or two.

They put down two sheets of about half length so it will be a little off but what the hey. Free curling.

• Locked thread