Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I think Pierre is going to make his own head explode with the number of new player backgrounds he gets to babble on about. Jesus Christ just talk about the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I'm especially happy to get CBC for this, for Olympic Coach's Corner.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Rene BORK, Derek Roy, and Wojtek Wolski: Olympic heroes

Would unironically own if one of these guys gets the tournament MVP

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

yellowcar posted:

Rene BORK, Derek Roy, and Wojtek Wolski: Olympic heroes

Would unironically own if one of these guys gets the tournament MVP

BORK is still a hero for the "how the gently caress did that happen" hat trick against the Rangers in the playoffs

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Rene Bourque will always be the guy who elbowed Nick Backstrom in the head and gave him a concussion to Caps fans.

Booo, Rene Bourque. BOOOO!

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015
I finally got caught up on the US games and holy hell. I knew it wouldn’t be great, but it’s like watching a juniors game.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

These OAR jerseys are so hilarious and bland.

I need one.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Acquilae posted:

These OAR jerseys are so hilarious and bland.

I need one.

I'm sure they love repping the USSR's colors. The IOC totally should've demanded them to not get red as their color. Something like pink or green would've been funny.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Zat posted:

I'm sure they love repping the USSR's colors. The IOC totally should've demanded them to not get red as their color. Something like pink or green would've been funny.
Yeah or the maroon that I’ve seen the OAR luge/skeleton athletes wear. Plus I feel that the IOC intentionally made them like that to be completely devoid of all the traditional Russian flair and the coat of arms they display with pride. Especially in the previous Olympic hockey jerseys that usually make the Russian ones the best designed out of all the countries.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

glynnenstein posted:

Rene Bourque will always be the guy who elbowed Nick Backstrom in the head and gave him a concussion to Caps fans.

Booo, Rene Bourque. BOOOO!

I missed yelling BORK BORK BORK at my TV

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

this has been doing the rounds today
https://twitter.com/Hana15x/status/964271520515321857

Ice Hockey Cameramen do a great service

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Just wanna quickly jump in and say that Eeli Tolvanen owwwwnnnnnnsssssssssssssss

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

larkko posted:

Just wanna quickly jump in and say that Eeli Tolvanen owwwwnnnnnnsssssssssssssss

He will be fun in Nashville next year. Hell, why not this years playoffs. Get pizza-Pekka the win!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

McDragon posted:

this has been doing the rounds today
https://twitter.com/Hana15x/status/964271520515321857

Ice Hockey Cameramen do a great service

This is awesome

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
ha amazing

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is it just me, or does Slovakia's coach look like Patrick Stewart?

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
I scrolled through this forum twice looking for a men's hockey thread and didn't see it, so I stupidly made one, but please disregard that as I closed it

RINNY BOURQUE lead us to the promised land :canada:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK

feels weird and good to say that again

Holy poo poo he already has 3 goals :stare:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK :siren:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

holy poo poo this weird rear end tirade, don

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

penalty for going to the wrong bench? lol

e: lol interference because you won't let the dude leave the wrong bench

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Czech D man just shoving a Canadian into the Czech bench since he was in the way and he wanted to change is the best penalty I've seen in forever.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

that sequence there was wild

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Haha that was nuts

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

gently caress a Canada

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
That was some good hockey woo.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

hahaha holy poo poo off the post

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
:canada:

Thanks, Bettman

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

oh canada

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:rip:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Who's ready for the Japan vs Israel gold medal game

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:canada:

Thanks, Bettman

It is kind of fun hearing names of guys I haven't thought about in years I've noticed. Oh Derek Roy? Hey I remember that guy. Marty Erat? etc etc

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I only caught the last bits of the Czech/Canada game, and drat what a match.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Beating the goalie, but it going off the post, is brutal.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

No army of beauties at the Korea game?

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Best Korea only has players on the women's team, they didn't do a united effort for the men. I think they have a skier that's in action today, Dear Leader's Most Glorious Beauties are probably over there instead.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
There is zero chance any of these games is as skilled or exciting as the women's gold medal game will be. Even the 3 on 3 overtime has been boring. I guess it's kind of cool that it's literally anyone's tournament to win, but it's not terribly fun to watch so far.

At least I don't have to cheer against Auston Matthews at any point.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
cancel hockey this is terrible

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
US-Russia spoilers.

I feel bad for the Americans. The difference between the teams seems to be a top level of class. The Russians just seem more efficient in everything they do while the Americans spend just that bit of time futzing about. It's 4-0 now and nothing seems to be going they're way, not that they have the ability to force it.

I'm really enjoying the hockey at these Olympics. Enough that I might start watching it outside of the games. The only sport I've considered doing that for before is boxing, but professional boxing is filled with a turdlike attitude for everyone involved, fan or fighter.

I'll have to rely on the NHL online stream, but I'm not sure what gets blacked out here. I can't get the channel that regularly broadcasts NHL as it's tied to an internet provider that isn't available to me. I'll need to find buy in for some of the teams, goodies, baddies, sporting underdogs, potential Irish interest that isn't Boston. And whatever the NHL people said about letting their players go to the Olympics for nothing in return, I could very well be coming to the NHL because of the Olympics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

So is the USA done then? Because if so :laffo:

• Locked thread