Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i will probably buy this game because medieval first person combat is irresistible to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

The Chad Jihad posted:

The good news is since it is singleplayer only the best combat techinique won't be diving at your opponents knees, facing away, and aiming an overhead swing at the sky thus ignoring any blocking they've attempted

god chivalry was so good when people didn't abuse weird engine things.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

that sounds like how payday 2 does it. it lowers the file size down significantly but when a patch comes through you now have to redownload 7 gigs for a small fix.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Fame Douglas posted:

Pretty sure everyone in Bohemia was black back then. Even today, barely any white people in the Czech Republic.

go back to bohemia obama!!!!!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

So, I know this has probably been asked a heap of times now, but what's the fastest/easiest way to get stealth up to five, so I can get the stealth-kill perk? Since I'm up to 'Nest of Vipers' and although I can get into the camp and wander around gathering intel on the Cumans and Runt's gang (before burning some of their arrows) easily enough, I'd like to be able to pick off some of the sentries around the place, to hopefully make things a bit easier, later on.

You can strip a cuman sentry and wear their armor to sneak around the camp.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

Combos with the longsword are really good because they basically let you stab people directly in the eyes through their visors. I accidentally instantly killed the wandering duel knight with 1 combo and felt pretty bad about it

same. i had just unlocked the last sword skill and did it on him and slit his goddamn throat. i reloaded my last save because i felt bad :(

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Hungry Computer posted:

So is Ulrich supposed to attack you if you spare his life after chasing him down? Because whenever I choose that option I get a never ending loading screen where I can hear him punching my character indefinitely. Is it worth going back through my saves and trying to find one where this isn't broken?

when i chased him down i also ran into a band of bandits which i killed. he saw me looting their corpses after the quest was over and decided to start attacking me again because of it. maybe the same thing happened to you? if he wasn't attacking you, you would get some help at the end of the quest line.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

precision posted:

Yeah I'm super gay for Henry. He's awesome.

gently caress Hans. Is it supposed to be insanely hard to beat him in sword combat or do I just suck? I'm like level 4 in Sword, Warfare, Strength and Agility. And how do you riposte? I can parry all day.

while hans is a bit of an rear end in a top hat, he has been training in swordsmanship his entire life. at the point where you duel him he's definitely tougher than you.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Neurosis posted:

So apparently using a shield with a longsword neuters it. No combos, perhaps no feints. I was using a shield for ages and enemies were parrying and dodging like crazy then got rid of it and now I'm crushing through guys in seconds

Also got a yew longbow for getting my Welsh poo poo on. Thing CRUSHES enemies if you get headshots. People were talking about having trouble in Nest of Vipers with sending up in fights with more than a couple guys... I had 9 guys chase me at once and mowed them all down with headshots

yeah don't use a longsword with a shield. i got lucky and learned that early during the prologue against the random bandits on the road back to skallitz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

Graphic. Card. There are no bugs here mister. :colbert:

Wait, are you supposed to lose that fight? I keep getting my rear end handed to me by random bandits but I can't remember Hans actually being very difficult to beat.

while i didn't lose it, it didn't feel like i earned my victory i guess? he must of hit me like 7 times and i hit him all of twice but it still counted as my win.