Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
looks interesting. i just really hope irs not jankey as poo poo and is fun to play and experience. hoping for witcher 2 jank then say elex jank.

Phi230 posted:

The concept of race and identity based on skin color also wasn't a thing in 1403. It wasn't until widespread chattel slavery did those concepts exist

but the lead developer is an alt-right dude so yes, it does put the treatment of that subject under suspicion

i am mixed. the dude is definitely conservative to an extent(comes from former soviet hosed country so they tend to be) and acted like dick a bunch and likes shitheads at times. he released some long apology letter. basicaly it all started lovely clickbait getting angry that the game was dragon age or had tons of blacks/asians/etc because they didn't get it was supposed to be a historical thing about like 10 sqmile area and because the clickbaiters have a very american ideal of diversity(skin color over all). anyway vara got pissed because of it and acted like a dick toward them for a while and such.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Chasing the historical realism dragon is pretty silly tbh. Speaking of which, there should really be dragons in this game

https://www.pcgamer.com/a-game-of-thrones-total-conversion-mod-for-kingdom-come-deliverance-is-in-the-works/

some modders are already doing it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cuman are in the game. they server as force to help sigusmund(the Hungarians). they were a turkic nomadic people who came to hungary after they got hosed up by the Khans. a bunch of poo poo happend but then the cumans kinda became part of hungarian military and culture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumans#Settlement_on_the_Hungarian_plain

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Aardark posted:

Hm, I was considering buying this game, but I don't want to give my money to Czech nazis. Wish I could just pirate it, but I'm on a PS4. :sigh:

get its when its cheap. even if its really good, it will probaly go on sale eventually. the witchers did.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

I'm always curious about awful jank, as you all may know, but I ain't dropping 60 bucks on anything made by a white supremacist and also I'm broke.

(If you buy it for me I will record myself doing whatever you want)

all the stuff i have seen hasnt seemed that janky. my worry is the controls. apparently its plays alot like for honor but with more complex plus you have stamina. but they also seem to be going for the Old style classless RPG stuff where you can just talk your way out of stuff or sneak or become literate. i mean you dont have to kill anyone at all. and also a achievement if you stay a virgin the entire game.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 10, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Woohoo posted:

This thread needs gas.

Most educational game in past decate, probable GOTY 2018 and dumb people are calling devs nazis
gas
gas it all

what sucks is the guy is kinda a conservative shithead who said stupid poo poo in anger/heat of the moment. i mean id love it to be GOTY somehow because 1. a passion project thats been being built for like 6 years ended up good and 2. polygon catching on fire with rage.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Woohoo posted:

Reading Dan Vavra's blogs from the very beginning and generally following the development of KCD, It's apparent that the game's meant to be anti-skyrim and take all good from the Witcher 3 (while leave bad parts out, as little as there was).

Like keeping landscape realistic - long flat land instead of monster den/dungeon behind every superhigh mountain and 1 minute of travel, meaningful distances between settlements, etc. Hero being just a cog in the machine, not rags-to-riches-to-god type as in GTA or Elder Scrolls.

Generally, such approach would put any game in "hardcore" and "noncasual" section, think of ArmA or whatever where you drive APC 30 minutes to conflict point just to die instantly by hitting a mine.

Which can't be a bad thing at slightest, especially since it looks like they really tried to keep their promise. Sure, there's no children in game. And no crossbows. But adding stuff like crossbows would mean you could easily get 1-hit killed even in plate armor and what fun is that? And landscape is still compressed - who'd like to travel 60 minutes in real time to reach next village - although it's much more realistic than any other game.

Now, gaming journalism, as it calls itself, can gas itself. We're 3 days from release and there's still not a beep on major sites. Probably Warhorse Studios didn't pay them or whatever hosed up system controls media those days.
In the end, they missed the release of GOTY 2018.

it looks interesting. worst comes to worst i can either give it to a friend who would like it or sell it to a store for 30 bucks. my guess is it will get some solid reviews from various places but there will be a bunch of angry think pieces and tweets from various shitheads. then they will go back to making GBS threads on far cry 5 for ruining their hopes and dreams.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.trueachievements.com/n31386/kingdom-come-deliverance-achievement-list-revealed

some goon worthy achievements.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I'd love for it to be cool and teach people about the medieval period, that'd be awesome. That's a cool period and worth talking about! I think it's possible for something to be historically accurate and also made by a bad person though?

the rest of the team seems fine. if the game poo poo, its poo poo. if its good, awesome.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cuntman.net posted:

this but unironicly

i want to love those games, but i can never get into them. they are fun but they get repetive fast. i'll probaly pick up 9 though.

cuntman.net posted:

the op seems like a decent guy so i feel bad about what happened to the thread

yeah, it sucks. the game genuinly looks interesting and the gameplay/walkthroughs make it look fun. its just everything else.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

KyloWinter posted:

ive only seen the trailer so i dunno if there are big battles or what but you would definitely have swords that cut employed in non military fashion. the only fighting in the trailer was fighting some bandits, tournament fighting, etc. langes messer and longsword should still be popular in the hre and the rapier hadnt developed yet.

e: watching it again i guess there are some cinema shots of the armies so i dunno what this game is about i guess

so far from what i have seen, the army shot is only in the very beginning when the hungarians/cuman raid and lay siege to your town and you get the gently caress out, possibly with your gf

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol, i think vara has shithead politics but people like andrew helped push there by bitching and screaming at him endlessly until he went right out of spite. gently caress em both, but my copy shiped so gently caress yeah, i have heard good things.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

What is with this world map, it's just watching a thing move for a long rear end time. The combat is also not looking amazing. Very clinky. Best I can say is that the character animations are good in fights, it's neat to see the (presumably) accurate sword fighting stances.

I had gotten the impression that more than one historian had been consulted, though I suppose she could have done that.

apperently, your supposed to use blunt weapons(maces and poo poo) against armored opponents and blades against unarmored. the devs talked about it a bunch in the various videos. you can't really just use a sword in every situation.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 12, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

But "sick rear end" sounds accurate??

yeah, you get the shits because you ate something bad and brown your pants when super hobo peasant beats you to death.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

KyloWinter posted:

Because the swordplay sucks

it looks like a combination of for honor, darkness 2 and oblivion. i guess i will see tomorrow night.

Skyrim has bad combat but it's very simple. This has bad combat where it seems to take around ten minutes to kill an unarmed man with your sword because he has arms of steel. Fun times

apperently thats gonna be patched, least i hope. wish i had arms of steel.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

frajaq posted:

from what I understand this is what that gigantic day-one patch is about

well thats encouraging. somewhat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Songbearer posted:

Wrong

Die By The Sword had the best melee

Now it's GORN

i want to get a vive someday, and when i do. GORN will be my addiction.

Popete posted:

Going for a hermit monk play through for my first run.

i am going for smart and literate fighter type.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DangerousDan posted:

I'm sort of surprised about the whole diversity thing. The west absolutely has a moral duty to inclusively depict POCs in the arts, but countries like Poland and the Czech Republic were in no way involved in chattel slavery or imperialism and in the former case was a victim of repeated imperial dick moves. Seems like a lot of noise from Americans who are projecting their own (legitimate) neuroses onto the whole world.

Really hope this game rules and the combat isn't dreary

probaly. if the game was in the heavy populated/trade areas, they would have alot less excuse. but it seems like its bumfuck rural 1 mile by 1 mile type deal near hungary.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The weird canned combat animations make me think of one of those mods for Oblivion that shoehorns in new attacks but not well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBXOK3eozyg

you reminded me of this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

i actually don't know the answer to this: is this game set in actual bohemia, or one of the non-sovereign duchies? because by the 16th century i don't know if you can describe anywhere in bohemia proper as a real backwater. if it's silesia or moravia or whatever maybe it'd be different.

according to wikiepdia. The accessible area of the game is located in the region between Sázava and Rataje nad Sázavou (Rattay).[1] Other real-world settlements and towns in the game include Stříbrná Skalice (Skalitz), Světlá nad Sázavou, Talmberk Castle (Talmberg), Samopše (Samopesh), Úžice (Auschitz), Nový Dvůr (Neuhof), and Přibyslavice (Pribyslavitz).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Copying from Wiki,

I have no idea how populated these towns would be as of the game's timeline however

judiging from the wiki articles on the various towns. they seem tiny as gently caress today for the most part.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Is that right before or right after this game? Cause one PC can only kill, like, two-thirds of that max

long after. 30 years war started around 1618, which is 200 plus years after the game. the game is right around when jan hus (1403) was starting to become a thing, and he wouldn't be executed until like 11 years later.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Diogines posted:

I am debating buying the game tonight. I won't have time to play until tomorrow night, but, I can pre-load at least and if the game sucks just steam-refund it and if it is good, enjoy it without waiting hours for the download. Has any information leaked in the last two days indicating the quality of the game or lack thereof? Any stores sell console copies early or something?

resetera had a bunch of people get it early and they liked it for the most part. https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-ot-bohemian-rhapsody.22692/

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

wait, what? someone upthread was saying 1504, i thought.

nah, its 1403.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Diogines posted:

I am afraid to click it for spoilers and all, but that is encouraging to hear. Any serious bugs? How spoilery is that link?

not that many. some dude said he was 9 hours in before the main title credits hit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Diogines posted:

That to me at least is pretty encouraging.

yeah me too. i stupidly hope it isnt too hard. i tried getting into elex and just died over and over to stupid poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i have to admit, that headshot animation still kicked rear end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySlippers posted:

Can I be iron hands kung fu master or is that for NPCs only?

I'm starting to think fun euro jank. Watching them wiggle around in way over the top idle animations during cut scenes was pretty funny.

Its a goddamned tragedy you can't create your character at all. He already looks like a bad Souls character but I wanna push those sliders around more. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT STORY OF THE BLACKSMITH changing his chin or facial hair would destroy our artistic intent.

you can do unarmed combat i think.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Phi230 posted:

I'm glad they let you save Theresa from being raped. I ran up behind one and smacked him in the head and she ran off, and I got a quest complete (optional) thing so I guess its a real thing. I tried and stand and fight against the guy that follows you immediately and he was like an expert swordsman who killed me in like 2 moves

heh, i like that. thats cool.

Jusupov posted:

goty of all years?

a true goon trait.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Commoners posted:

Same. From my experience if they look at you and do the "What, do you need to take a poo poo?" thing, they will slip out of the grapple when you try to choke them. If they're fully unaware of you existing at all then you'll strangle them.

I went on an experimental murder rampage through Ratten or whatever the city is called. I started out by running into the armor shop, grabbing as much plate armor as I could before they cleared the shelves to stop my smash and grab, and then I ran into the church and put it all on. I then ran into the sword shop and grabbed the most powerful sword on display, and then started murdering everything in town that moved. When you turn the tables and you are the armored person, weapons just bounce off of you and you can destroy people with impunity.

Equipment makes a big difference!

thats kinda what i hoped. where its not really "hard levels"(as in you are level one and they are level 5) i like that its classless.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sheep posted:

I got to the end but they make you duel the guy you're looking for.

I had to download Cheat Engine to kill him, and still ate ~70 deaths (no exaggeration) worth of damage in the process. He must have 250-300 stamina and is also nigh impossible to damage to begin with.

Honestly just skip it and come back like 10 hours of swordfighting from now.

Edit: you must have all three armies or you won't make it to the end - if the NPC guards die off it's an auto-fail.

yeah, they are gonna have to patch this poo poo hopefully.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/963902455812644870 They are patching the lock picks, saving and difficulty.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

charms posted:

This game is the living proof that leftism isn't conductive to good games. Look at Mass Effect: Andromeda. Look at Wolfenstein: The New Colossus. The games were so poo poo even SJWs dropped them. No one in their right mind defends them. Meanwhile, this game, made for the honest conservative gamer, despite some flaws it has, is selling like hot cakes. We are in the middle of a paradigm shift. This is no longer the industry for spoiled little SJWs. It took three years, but we finally won. I know we're going through a harsh liberal media raid right now pretending this game is bad, but stay strong, they're just desperate because they realize this is their last stand.

lol. that reddit hot take is amusing. yeah dumb uber-wokes are dumb but MEA was a burning shitpile from day one since bioware basically dead and mismanaged. TNC was pretty good but it had a number of issues. none of there fucksups were because of "sjws". but whatever. that reddit post is funny in bad way. That being said. i am glad Warhorse was allowed to do what they wanted, despite my dislike of vara's politics.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

It's a reddit/4chan meme.

Mass Effect actually sold well, it was the DLC forecast from people wising up on it being a bad game that doomed it. New Colossus was actually good but underperformed, with a very slow start on it's sales. VGchartz even has it only selling 300k (highly doubt it).

uhh. andromda blew rear end so bad that EA gutted bioware and squished into one company to make that destiny clone. there is no dlc coming. its a dead game now. apperently it was dev hell and the piece of poo poo we got was made in like a year and half or something. TNC sold alright and they will definitely work on new dlc and probably the sequel in 2020 or so.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

a new patch hit the ps4. don't know what its fixing. still havent played the game yet because of psn poo poo download speeds. yay

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

god drat, i love this game so far. the combat(at the millers) has been fun so far. stabbing highway men in the face, never gets old.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

so i did the quest miller's quest i payed the executioner for the ring because speeched the poo poo out of him, then i gave the ring to the other miller who then wanted me to steal from sir robard, who i like so far, so i told him to gently caress off and then i stabbed him to death for being a master criminal and then stole some of his poo poo, then i sold the poo poo to miller pavin. along the way i fought some bandits and spared the one for money, now i am rattay and no one cares about the dead dude.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

precision posted:

Is it possible to (second location) get out of the castle without stealing or bribing? Kinda disappointed if not

yeah. just jump off the drawbridge onto the hill and run, if you have high speech the guard will just give up. then make a run for the woods.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

gently caress the the dickheads hunting ginger. they are tough as gently caress and i am cheap mother fucker who exploited the st george glitch. so i ended up just sneaking in at night and caving the ones head in and then just brute forced the other dude to death. i could have trained in stealth, but he wanted obscene prices and was a criminal, so i killed him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

COMRADES posted:

Same

I did this whole line of quests before realizing I could receive more than basic training too so yeah lol.

e:

Also wow this didn't even occur to me, even after having to redo the last bit a couple times because of glitches.

thats what i am gonna do. i have basically heard you can spam experience by training with the sergeant in combos. so i am just gonna do that for a half hour while listening to podcasts.