Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
:hist101: :gibs:
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a single-player medieval open-world RPG by Warhorse Studios. It is the story of Henry, a son of a blacksmith in Bohemia in the Holy Roman Empire in the year 1403. Henry's family is killed in a raid by a warring faction amid fighting over the throne. Henry is an average medieval villager, not a nobleman or hero. In the course of his adventure, he must learn to fight, craft, sneak and read along with other skills that don't come by some birthright. He is not some Dragonborn or a high and mighty Lord. Every little step of the social ladder has to be earned the hard way.

The game seems to be a pretty hard core simulation of medieval life in many ways. Food and sleep are needed for survival, but food is not in shortage. The combat system is unforgiving and requires practice from the player, not just boosting of stats and wild swinging like many other games. Not exactly similar to Dark Souls, but the term "Git gud" may as well apply here.

The combat system has drawn praise from some practicioners of historical european martial arts or HEMA for authentic stances, defences and animations. You must read your opponent's sword movements and timing to directionally block or parry effectively. Each hit eats into the player's stamina before health starts to drop. Armor plays a more realistic role than most games. You need to identify weak spots if you want to do any damage and even the visor of your helmet affects things like vision in a big way. Overall, the combat system seems impressive but demanding for the player. If you suck at it (practice more and get better), there are options to play a more diplomatic character and avoid many conflicts by talking, backstabbing or even covertly poisoning people with your hand-crafted potions sprinkled into their food while nobody is watching.

The crafting is detailed, logical and based on realism. You can pick herbs and brew them in a cauldron according to a recipe book and make potions that can offer some benefit or weaken the drinker in some way. Alcohol also plays a big role in both brewing potions and the game in general. Other crafting includes at least the ability to sharpen your sword or ruin it by being clumsy with the sharpening tools. You get the idea.

There are many different playstyles for the game, for example you could avoid close combat in favor of archery and be a sneaky thief, but your reputation may suffer if you are caught during burglary, or if you show up in town wearing bloody garments. Even the condition of your clothing affects how people react to your presence. A knightly armor may make people treat you like you are an actual knight, dress like a peasant and get treated like one. The people in the villages live their daily lives and go about their business while the main character rides around investigating murders, helping people or being a bandit, whichever you prefer. Larger battles and castle sieges take place in the storyline also.

The area the game takes place in is modelled after reality, with actual castles, churches, monasteries and other features copied from their historic counterparts in Bohemia. Realism and attention to detail are impressive throughout the game, this is not a typical fantasy game but a genuinely historical one. There is a fast travel option if you get sick of riding your horse around. The horses are also pack animals, you can load your stuff on them if you're tired of carrying supplies. Some horses are better than others in terms of speed, combat or other stats.

I have avoided spoilers and Beta gameplay videos for the most part, many of the videos on youtube feature a Beta version of the game that does not represent the final product.

The graphics are good, the game is built on a version of Crytek's engine and the details are gorgeous, or actually muddy and bloody as the time period would suggest. Look up the requirements for the game before buying, the Beta was apparently pretty harsh in terms of performance and requirements. The final version is reputed to run much more smoothly than the Beta did.

I find the game to be ambitious in design and full of neat ideas, without having played it yet I have bought it on Steam and will try it out.

The game is out for XBox One, Playstation 4 and PC on February 13th, 2018.

Oh, almost forgot: The game features BRIAN BLESSED as a voice actor!!!!!!!!. (!)

For discussion about the lead developer's personality and views and if you want to make a purchase decision based on your opinions about him, read the first few pages at least. Personally I have bought the game already and will judge it based on its merits, follow your own judgement since it's your money to spend as you see fit. Also ask yourself before posting; will this post improve the discussion in the thread or not? :) Thank you.

There are links in my post to a youtube let's player's affiliate discount of 13% on Gamesplanet. You can find the links by following breadcrumbs on page 7, I won't post the direct link here for now. I am not familiar with Gamesplanet, can not comment on how the site is.

Goon impressions from videos:

Lol game looks jank as hell - Phi230

This is gonna be just like a Bethseda game, the community is gonna have to mod it into working right. Glad I skipped the KS. -Skoll

looks pretty garbage tbh -frajaq

Updated impressions as of Feb 12th, 2018, day before release: Don't rush to buy this yet, if you're on the fence, stay on the fence and do your due diligence in finding out different opinions on the game. Looks janky, judging from videos. Might be boring, depending on opinion. I will update with more info as it comes, but will be moving house in between.

Op's personal first impressions as of Feb 13th, launch day: Slow pacing, lots of dialogue cutscenes in the early part of game. Needs a quicksave key or unlimited Saviour's Schnapps modded in.Jankyness at times. Runs acceptably so far on my nvidia 1060 with high settings at full screen 1920*1080. Divisive game at best, had higher hopes before release. I won't have time to play or update the page for many days.

Other opinions vary, many are very negative so read reviews before thinking of buying.

Goon impressions on day one:

I was definitely looking forward to this game. Obviously the whole internet went on in worshiping this game. Luckily we goons are a little more skeptical than the average low life redditor. This game promises a lot if it manages to get fixed a bit and picked up by the modding community. Only the time will tell. -RattiRatto

There are a lot of loading screens in this game, christ.
I'm not overly impressed but I'm not unimpressed either. The story seems pretty good, at least at the start, and they seem to have changed a few small complaints at least. -DreamShipWrecked

This game doesn’t even have interesting writing to hold up the terrible gameplay
this is garbage -Themage

Goon impressions as of Feb 14th seem far more positive:

So far I've played for an hour or so. I'm enjoying it. I have to be on 1080p with the lowest possible settings but it's a good game. I'm glad I backed it. -Beer4TheBeerGod

Played this at a friends house and was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed it.
Will still wait for sales + save anywhere/quick save mods -frajaq

This game is kind of cute and feel good. I like it so far. -Empress Brosephine

game is real bad and lags every 20 seconds for at least 2 seconds gg -KyloWinter

Here is my review from two hours of play: I've not experienced any bugs besides one crash. My system is strictly middle of the road and getting 60 FPS on high settings. Game is fun. Best Medieval Bohemia Village Mugging and Burglary Simulator i've ever played. -Diogines

Goon collective opinion: Game is great

precision says:
Henry literally can't perform all the sword moves until you get a second sword lesson. Really ought to beeline to that objective because it also will level you up quickly.

Diogines says:
Also, the save anywhere mod works without issue, here is a link:
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/1?tab=description

fuf says:
There's a mod out to skip lockpicking:
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/3

Kragger99 says:

The save mod page has this note on it now as well:

Save games capped at 300
Someone has reported that the game won't let you save after you've got 300 saves. Take backups of all your saves, remove all saves except your latest one. Now go in-game and load that save, delete it from the load menu and then save. It should be labeled as "Save 1" now.

This has been reported without the mod as well, but at a lesser amount of saves. Right now I do not believe the mod causes this, but it might make the effect happen sooner.

Just a friendly reminder to anyone using the mod (or maybe in general because the main game may have a similar issue?) - back up the saves manually every once in awhile.

Knobb Manwich says:
Actual good mods? Untested, just browsing.
Coloured arrow fletching

Hide HUD on keypress

No NPC greetings & other things

Remove (gross) sharpen effect when drunk

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Apparently

wh_pl_showfirecursor 1

is the console command for a bow targeting reticle to appear

Hieronymous Alloy says:

Ok I threw up all the tips I collected from the past few pages in a Steam guide:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=1305878776

Review by rockpapershotgun:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/13/kingdom-come-deliverance-review/

Link to official site:
https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/

Link to wiki site:
https://kingdomcomedeliverance.wiki.fextralife.com/Kingdom+Come+Deliverance+Wiki

Steam link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/379430/

SlightlyMad fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
The people I've seen play it on youtube videos (skallagrim and Lady Lilia for example) have liked it, so there is that. Again, the videos are of the Beta, a few years old version I think. But I will post my own impressions here some time after the game launches. I need to get my new apartment sorted out before then, so I can't drop in immediately.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Vahakyla posted:

Does he eventually become some sort of military officer with capability of leadership, or do you always kind of fight for yourself?

As far as I know, you are pretty low in rank throughout the game, but do take part in larger battles with allies on your side. You could become a squire I believe, in service of a lord. Much remains to be seen.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
I have come across some remarks about controversies regarding the main character being male and everybody in the game being white europeans, but I don't get what the problem is if the game aims for historical realism in those regards. If the lead dev dabbles in historical re-enactments of vikings that does not mean he's automatically some nazi sympathizer either. Seems like there's a risk of jumping into conclusions, as is commonplace on the net. I will give the benefit of the doubt since I don't know either way what the details of that are. There was also some chatter about DLC content where a female lead character might get introduced if the game sold well or something. Can not confirm or deny that one.

In that time period, women would have been in a radically different role in society than nowadays, and Europe in general was not racially diverse either. If you had been of middle eastern appearance or such, you'd probably get skewered for suspicion of being a "Heathen Saracen", I'd think.

Now, if you had a game taking place 10,000 years ago the ethnicities would have been wildly different again, with dark skinned blue eyed Europeans running around. Sometimes I wish there was a game that portrayed prehistory accurately, but that is another discussion. There was a fascinating discovery recently of British prehistoric people that goes into detail about dark skin having been common in the ice age or post-ice age Europe. Us "whites" are recent mutants it seems. And we have Neanderthals in our ancestral family tree. Cross-breeding, aww yiss. :huh: Makes the racists all the more ignorant, doesn't it? :mmmhmm:

Anyways, I hope the game is good. Not trying to derail the conversation in any form. I'd appreciate if the discussion remains civil and factual as much as possible.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

TroubledWaters posted:

Is this game mostly story mode, or is there a good time to be had open worlding with random quests or people to axe?

You have the option to run off and do whatever you want it seems. Following the main quest seems optional, but there may be consequences if you don't do as you're told. So, yeah it's story driven but do what rocks your boat, dude. You can role play different versions of the main character as you please. The other characters go on without you if you choose not to follow their lead.

Edit:
I phrased that poorly. You can develop your character in any direction you choose, and the quests have a life of their own whether you investigate them in person or not.

SlightlyMad fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 9, 2018

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

henry sounds like a massive loser, op

If by a massive loser you mean he's not a power fantasy character, you're absolutely right. An ordinary man who has to become a fighter and avenge his family. Not a superhero by any means. Might be refreshing to play an average joe for a change. :)

Here is a video describing the political background of the game setting, for anyone who is a fan of Crusader Kings 2 or just want to learn a few minutes of Holy Roman Empire history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnETp4WaB9M

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Phi230 posted:

You can make Hungarians have diahrrea in Kingdom Come Deliverance

The Hungarians? With my cooking, EVERYONE gets the shits. Where I have walked, the grass does not grow. (It was all used for lack of TP). :yosbutt: :shrek:

There is even a quest for finding an antidote for the "runs". That's diarrhea folks. I told you this game simulates the middle ages.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

The Chad Jihad posted:

For me this is basically hinging all on how much of a "living" world it is, if poo poo can happen without my involvement then I can put up with a lot of jank and "historicity as defined by a larper". I have a shrine to space rangers 2 in my house

You're in luck. The world building seems good from what I've seen. The villagers do chores, go to work, relax at taverns in the evening and all that.

I don't know if the developer is a wingnut or not, whatever money I have spent on the game goes to more than one man in a team of dozens of people so whatever, as far as I am concerned. I doubt the problem is company wide even if it would turn out the lead developer is some kind of bad apple.

If someone knows how common it was for middle-eastern or other travellers to have travelled to Bohemia, do share. I would find the historical perspective to be interesting. In the middle ages I think there would have been prejudice towards "Saracens" since even the jewish populations were treated horribly over the centuries and they wouldn't probably have stood out all that much from the general populace. Europe has a long history of atrocities. I have seen period drawings depicting people with dark skin in fairly ordinary circumstances, so it can't have been completely unheard of. Rare, but not 100% one way.

As for women characters, does anyone know more about that supposed DLC that may feature a female lead? There was also a funny story I read about some bagpipe playing woman in the middle ages who got paid every day for NOT playing in a tavern. She retired rich. My idol. :)

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I did notice that the combat is hardly realistic as well, they put a lot of ad space in with how the fighting is "based on real techniques", but sword-and-board combat just was not as common as most media depicts it. Teaching someone to fight with a sword requires training. Teaching someone to fight with a spear is a matter of "take this and put the pointy end in the other guy". This is especially true for large battles, where the majority of the plebs fighting would just be using spears or something close to them.

You are partly right in my uninformed opinion, since polearms were the primary weapon for armies of the time, but grave finds show plenty of sword and board action did take place as well. I have seen the game feature polearms, axes and maces too, it is not all swords all the time. As a counterpoint to how unrealistic you think the combat is, a historical european martial arts guy commented that at least compared to other games this one gets it "closer" to reality than most. It was on a youtube video by Skallagrim, talking about the Beta version. I can not judge personally either way, I am not a martial arts historian. For all I know we could all be wrong in our assumptions, historians included.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

cuntman.net posted:

the op seems like a decent guy so i feel bad about what happened to the thread

Aww, thanks I guess. :)

I think we should judge the game on it's own merits and consider the topic of possible developer wingnut issues covered by the thread already. We get it, the man is far from perfect. If that makes you not want to play the game, that is cool. Your money, your choice. Let's not poo poo the thread further with endless arguing about it, shall we?

I confess I know less than half as much about history than I'd like to. I love to learn new stuff, so educate me if you have the good stuff. :) Demographics of 1400's central europe or the prevalence of sidearm swords versus halberds, axes etc. are topics I could learn a ton about from better informed history fans. The over-emphasized role of the sword as a symbol has been an issue in the minds of people since before the middle ages and it continues to distort the media to this day. Nothing new under the sun there.

The flawed and incomplete record of history we get from written sources, with the focus on male nobility and conflicts, at the expense of women, all ordinary people and everyday life is a major problem in trying to understand how reality was back in the day. Archeology to the rescue. Romanticizing the past leads to nationalistic bullshit in any country and a distorted view of reality. Admiration of those aspects of history passed on to us by past writers can cause people to get really dumb ideas about how things were in the "good" old days, which is ridiculous in light of all the progress made in the world. We still have a long way to go as human beings.

Civil discussion, mainly about the game, please.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
I updated the original post a little so people can make their own decisions based on what they learn.

I might make an assumption about the role of the sword and why it would have been carried: Good for cutting down unarmored peasants, necessary as a backup-weapon in case your halberd, spear or what have you breaks in combat. Never a primary weapon, but its use would have been practiced because of tradition and as a part of wider training for combat. I would think that the idea of a "heroic" knight and his sword was basically a myth and a mental ideal more than reality, even in the middle ages. We just build on centuries of layers of ideas and mythology distorting things further. The reality might have been Sir Bastard and his filthy gang of squires chopping down villagers while pillaging for fodder, not some duel of champions fighting for the honor of a lady in full armor. Basically the people in the middle ages were probably drawn in by myths and fantasy like nerds today. :) (King Arthur myth, holy grail, excalibur and so on.)

Is there anyone here who can give an informed opinion about historical european martial arts? They are based on fighting manuals passed on from the time periods when the writers and illustrators would have been witnessing actual fighting, but they are still a modern re-interpretation. I gather that HEMA tries to keep the rules flexible so as not to turn into a sport with resulting distortion of practices to fit sporting rulesets. See most martial arts for examples. Since HEMA plays a role in informing game developers about how fighting happened, it seems relevant to think about. How valid is HEMA?

The game itself is of course another modern re-interpretation and can never capture historical reality perfectly, so maybe we need to keep that in mind when judging it. An attempt was made. If you want more fantasy and dragons, feel free to play a mod or Skyrim. Any attempt at historical accuracy is inherently imperfect, all things considered.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
The save game system seems quite unorthodox. As far as I can tell, you save when you sleep in game, other times you have a consumable item called Saviour's Schnapps. You drink it to save during gameplay when expecting trouble and it gives you a stat effect like other alcohol does. Means you can't save scum your way through the game, but could be an annoyance depending on playstyle. No doubt this will be modded early once the modding gets unlocked by devs.

In Skyrim I'd save all the time, in KCD I'll have to learn to roll with how the game lets me save. Mistakes have consequences and I'll have to be cautious with what I try to do, until someone makes a mod that gives unlimited Schnapps. Then I'll roll around drunk all day, every day. :)

The day-night cycle is probably quite a bit shorter than in real life. The nights are dark like the inside of a bag, and you need a torch to see if you're not sleeping the night away.

You can disguise yourself by wearing enemy clothing, btw. The clothing system uses layers of different items like armour, shirts, trousers and what have you. Some items are better for sneaking, some for melee, social interaction or other uses.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
There is a discount link for Gamesplanet at the youtube page of let's player Lady Lilia. 13% off when paying with Amazon Pay. She has been playing the Beta and loving it. She will also do a LP of the game's main quest line on release plus streaming sidequests on Twitch.

In this 6-minute video she is just talking about her plans for the game so no spoilers there but there is a link for Gamesplanet on the page.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQC8zaoFQfQ

For the record, I have watched only a few of her videos so far to avoid spoilers and I am not in any way associated with her channel. She gets a small amount of money from purchases made through her affiliate link. You can give her youtube channel some goon views if you want a discount, I won't link to Gamesplanet directly. :3: :glomp::homebrew:

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Eastbound Spider posted:

Can i be a boring farmer who that never does anything exciting?

I honestly have no idea, but I doubt it though. German medieval farming simulator mod? I'd play that. There's always Stardew Valley for your turnip growing needs. :)

Archonex, we can only dream of such detail levels. I believe there are some kinds of diseases, debuffs or food poisonings in the game, that much I have seen. If anyone knows more, do share. If you want a game with a dedicated button for urinating, try My Summer Car. :)

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Archonex posted:

I gotta say. You are really making it hard to believe that you aren't a shill. Either that or you're the most clueless guy on these forums when it comes to sarcasm and humor.

No, I'm just playing along with you, pooper man. :) If you have a poop humor fixation, I hope you get what you're looking for. There is some cutscene where the main character is flinging poo poo at a house, if that makes you feel warm and fuzzy. I would imagine the mod scene will be a sight to behold... :nexus::nexus: And seriously, check out My Summer Car if you want a beer-drinking-piss-flinging life simulation. Watch a twitch streamer like Jefmajor for it.

At this point in time I can't give a genuine impression of whether this game is good or not. I have heard good things but that is all I can say. If the game does not seem like your kind of thing for any reason, just wait and see how it turns out. Might be boring, might be fun. If you hate the lead developer and want to buy something else with your money, feel free man.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Oh, here's something; a wiki of the game, will add to original post:

https://kingdomcomedeliverance.wiki.fextralife.com/Kingdom+Come+Deliverance+Wiki

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Most videos out there are of the Beta version from a year and a half ago. This one shows some combat training and quests where the main character goes undercover in a monastery in a murder investigation I believe. Some alchemy/cooking too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwXv3eUiRYM

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
I will add some people's impressions to the OP, whether they are positive or negative. I am personally keeping up my own hope that it's not all bad. :unsmith:

Lol game looks jank as hell - Phi230

This is gonna be just like a Bethseda game, the community is gonna have to mod it into working right. Glad I skipped the KS. -Skoll

looks pretty garbage tbh -frajaq

SlightlyMad fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 12, 2018

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Without some genomics data from 15th century graves in the region, it's pretty hypothetical really. History is an incomplete record of reality, that's why archeology and DNA samples are so important in trying to understand how things were. Some historian says one thing, another says differently. I can not estimate who is right or wrong in such a debate. If you feel you know better about topic A, B or C, good for you. The more I learn the more I understand how little I know.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
I will add more clear words of caution to the OP, to encourage people to wait and see how the release version is.

I will be moving house soon and out of internet for an unknown number of days, so can't update the first page during that time.

Yeah, it does look like it will be a divisive game. I had higher hopes for it but we shall see.

If anyone is on the fence about buying, my personal opinion is: stay on the fence for now. There's no rush to buy.

I think the negative impressions should stay in the OP for now. I want different opinions to be heard without wading through the whole thread.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

The Chad Jihad posted:

Negative impressions are fine (and likely accurate lmao) but reading someone else's reaction to someone else playing is probably not very useful

It's what we have available as of Feb 12th.

I will update the OP with player opinions on the days after release, once I'm in my new home and have internet again. Right now potential buyers need some information to fill in the gaps in knowledge. I am not here to sell the game, but to give my own impressions and a chance for others to speak their minds about the product.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

gasman posted:

Preload is up on Steam. Possibly for backers only.

Thanks for the heads-up. I am downloading, did not back on kickstarter. Pre-ordered in January.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Firstborn posted:

Medieval WRPG with a healthy amount of jank is extremely my poo poo. Mount & Blade kept me occupied for well over 300 hours if you include mods.

Tell me the important stuff; how dirty are the peasants? Do you even notice when you trample them on your warhorse? Any roaming bands of nomadic bandits?

Your questions answered, but "Hope is a mistake" may yet apply. We shall see:

You start out as a blacksmith's son and can get dirty like any peasant. Warhorses can be used as living weapons (according to wiki). Roaming bandits can intercept you on roads. Horse archery is in the game in some form.

Will the game be any good, it is too early to tell. Lots of doubt in the thread, plenty of mixed views and uncertainty for now. If in doubt, wait.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It was linked so I could get Beta access, but I don't have any way of getting the actual game. I checked their website and I don't see any way to link the account.

Hmm.
Maybe it's somewhere on the Backer Rewards page- sign in -option at their site? I signed into their site a while back when they had a thread open in forums for it. Contact their support or check their forums if you can't preload.

The download is a preload of the whole game. It should be playable on 13th.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Rockpapershotgun review added to OP.

Modders, give us a quicksave option or unlimited saviour's schnapps please.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Does anyone else suspect that Henry looks strangely like one of the members of the development team?

They motion captured the face and behaviour of actor Tom McKay for Henry.

Updated the OP with more goon opinions.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Link to save game mod is in the OP, along with even more goon opinions. Looks like this is shaping up to be a decent game, if you don't have too much lag.

Someone mentioned that an SSD shortens the cutscene loading times to nothing.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Taintrunner posted:

I thought I got away with murder up in the hills but your reputation plummets even if you kill someone and nobody else sees? Kinda lame.

Living witnesses and bloodstains on clothing/weapon might have something to do with it, but I can't be sure.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Turtlicious posted:

Any goons wanna give a review of the game? I have no idea what it is, but it looks cool. Is there magic?

No magic. The game is a medieval RPG, not a fantasy one. Goon opinions seem fairly positive, at least for the time being. Steam page and wiki have recommended PC specs, someone was complaining about lag but my experience with the game has been good in that regard.

If you like medieval stuff, check it out maybe? Your money, your decision. I have included goon impressions in the OP.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Lockpicking mod added to OP. I will add only selected quality of life mods as they are introduced in the thread. Maybe if the number of mods grows to all hell, we will need a separate thread for those later?

Let's hope any patches in the future won't break all mods...

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Firstborn posted:

Is there bodyslams in this game?

Nope. Kicking and punching mostly, a few other animations where the protagonist grabs an opponent and shoves him away I think. Wrestling is sadly underrepresented in gaming generally.

If you come across a sleeping adversary, there is a choke you can do to render them unconscious before they have a chance to wake up and raise alarm. Does not count as wrestling really.

Most of the melee action is in the form of dozens of weapons you can read about on the wiki.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Can't figure out how to get the alleged lockpicks from fritz though.

I think it was before the poop flinging happened. I had checked out the drunkard's house earlier, had an optional sidequest to get lockpicks for the drunkard's chest and spoke to Fritz and he gave them to me. I might be hazy on details but that is what I remember at least.

SlightlyMad fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 14, 2018

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Diogines posted:

Is my game bugged? I just finished the prologue, credits rolled and... I am in a horrible and bad dream(bad as in unfun) where everything is black, white and red. I saw two guys attack two women, killed the two guys and now... what? I can't see anything and have no idea where to go or what to do. I've walked all over and found nothing.

Is there any quest marker on the navigation bar? Someone mentioned that earlier.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Firstborn posted:

Thread title sucks

Agreed. Whichever mod or whoever changed it should think of a better one. :effort:

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
The thread title was changed by someone other than me. A moderator perhaps? :effort:

I wouldn't even know how to change it into something else. Some suggestions though, in case someone has the power:

Complaining about bugs until Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Bohemian Rhapsody - Kingdom Come: Deliverance
I put the evil in medieval - Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
"Kingdom Come: lockpicking chastity belts in 100% historic 1403 Bohemia" Is definitely better.

Thanks for changing the thread title, stranger: :toot: