Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Travelling Kop already breaking into YNWA, 5 - nil up away in Porto in the 88th minute...

still might be a little soon, never know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
FC Pooto

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Travelling Kop already breaking into YNWA, 5 - nil up away in Porto in the 88th minute...

still might be a little soon, never know

The 88th minute is the perfect time for Liverpool fans to start a chant

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

pik_d posted:

Noooooo

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

how the gently caress Liverpool got Mo Salah for only £50m I will never know

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

pik_d posted:

nice

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Troy Queef posted:

Because Roma are a supermarket.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Out of respect for the people of Portugal I don't want to post "2 easy" but that was 2 easy.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nice to see that PSG are still a bunch of fail wasteman.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Xabi posted:

Out of respect for the people of Portugal I don't want to post "2 easy" but that was 2 easy.

Too Ea5y

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Neymar is flat shopping right now

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Liverpool are good

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
That was a cool and good game and I am glad to see Mane get a hatrick since Mo has been getting all the attention. When they are on form, the Liverpool front 3 is insane.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/lamig36/status/963907594346627072

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Marcelo is so good

He had a great match, no lie.

Troy Queef posted:

Yeah his Salah ought to be at least £10m mo I'll see myself out

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Almost as good as the older version with Suarez/Sturridge. Also, lets play in the orange kits the rest of the year please.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Because Roma are a supermarket.

wasnt the deal also because Roma had to hit a FFP target

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

wasnt the deal also because Roma had to hit a FFP target

Yeah, which is also why they were entertaining selling Dzeko. I just think it's funny because James Palotta keeps insisting that they don't have to sell anyone ever.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Was finally able to watch.

Good match imo

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Remember when people were like "yeah Salah is poo poo, he didn't do anything at Chelsea", even though anyone with anything more than gap in their skull knew that Chelsea are a poo poo side that are rarely capable of using the talent that they have and are completely incompetent in the transfer market.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Gorn Myson posted:

Remember when people were like "yeah Salah is poo poo, he didn't do anything at Chelsea", even though anyone with anything more than gap in their skull knew that Chelsea are a poo poo side that are rarely capable of using the talent that they have and are completely incompetent in the transfer market.

I remember this op.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Barca have bid 400 million great british euros for Salah

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Gorn Myson posted:

This but de Bruyne

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

pik_d posted:

This but de Bruyne
loving right.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lmao porto

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gorn Myson posted:

To be fair, I was kind of hesitant about Salah since Liverpool's last several dips into Serie A gave us Balotelli, Borini, Dossena, and Aquilani. I didn't have much faith in the transfer staff.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I don't remember how I felt about Salah at the time but he owns

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I don't remember how I felt about Salah at the time but he owns

He does. He really, really does.

I thought we'd struggle after Phil left but I think it's made us focus more on hitting teams on the counter more at speed. Coutinho was amazing with the ball at his feet, and at distance, but we are quicker to get it to our wide players without him.

Don't think we'll win it but no one is going to want to play us next round.

Also loving LOVE we get to rest a few players for the next leg so they'll be fresh for United :getin:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
awww who's ready for an all english semi final round???

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Eau de MacGowan posted:

idk its 2 bad english teams up next

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Chels getting mercy ruled next week

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Looking forward to the mighty Bayern beating up some Turkish farmers tonight which surely won't strain the already tenuous German-Turkish relations even further

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Conte's wig is in the launchpad ready for liftoff, OP's.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dunban posted:

Looking forward to the mighty Bayern beating up some Turkish farmers tonight which surely won't strain the already tenuous German-Turkish relations even further

"Who are the Turks not pissy with? " A thing they think before getting pissy with yet someone else

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Dunban posted:

looking forward to the return leg when someone on bayern will have an a panic/anxiety attack, like Werner did when Leipzig played there https://youtu.be/0u-tVqKoYwI

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dunban posted:

personally I'm waiting to see which Bayern player can't enter Turkey because it's suddenly been discovered that they support Traitor Gülen

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Chelsea are going to get bummed tonight, and I'm glad

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

personally I'm waiting to see which Bayern player can't enter Turkey because it's suddenly been discovered that they support Traitor Gülen

i'm sure the Çarşı would have a say in that, besiktas and their fan base loving owns, i'm very happy they are doing well in the CL

good read for people that don't know about the politics/social part of the besiktas "ultras"
https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/13/a-movement-for-society-and-self-improvement-besiktas-carsi-ultras/

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 20, 2018

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

vivisectvnv posted:

i'm sure the Çarşı would have a say in that, besiktas and their fan base loving owns, i'm very happy their are doing well in the CL

good read for people that don't know about the politics/social part of the besiktas "ultras"
https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/13/a-movement-for-society-and-self-improvement-besiktas-carsi-ultras/

i hate these pieces where "journalists" fawningly write about these exaggerated mythical woke ultras, they have been written about clubs in every country by now, it has really become cliche. Reads like something oliwan would write

The same writer wrote this on the Timbers Army
http://boxtoboxfootball.uk/clubkultur-portland-timbers-club-designed-success/

quote:

This is especially true for the Portland Timbers, a team with choreographed tifo displays that could rival anywhere else in the world, with subjects ranging from Freddy Krueger to Bob Ross and easily one of the most meaningful fan-bases in the sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

vivisectvnv posted:

i'm sure the Çarşı would have a say in that, besiktas and their fan base loving owns, i'm very happy their are doing well in the CL

That was a good read, thanks for sharing.

• Locked thread