Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Steve2911 posted:

Guardians 2 is the best MCU film.

If you live on a planet where crack grows on trees, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PostNouveau posted:

Knockout game? wtf are you talking about?

Oh, do you not remember this? I believe the roots go back much longer, but I remember back in 2013-ish, immediately post-election some ultra right-wing news sites began spreading panic--especially on Facebook--over the "knockout game," saying that black youths were competing against each other nationwide to see who could score the best "knockout" on a mugging victim (predictably, these reports failed to include the whole "mugging" part, instead focusing on the actual "knockout" part).

It was pure non-subtle racism which led to a predictable round of "our cities are under siege," Congresscritters being their typical dumbass selves (I remember one guy in Wisconsin saying that in order to "prevent the spread" of the so-called game, he would introduce a bill that would charge people as terrorists, and then he basically went away when the rest of the WI Republicans told him to sit down and shut up), "black panic," etc. But it was pure bullshit, like the whole scam that the right ran with a while back about saying that drivers shouldn't ever flash their headlights, as it was a signal to gang members for a coordinated assault.

Bulkiest Toaster is just dogwhistling.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

sponges posted:

I thought the knockout game was a basketball game. We played it in grade school.

• Locked thread