Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Really enjoyed the movie. Casting was fantastic, and the cinematography was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I think some of you are missing some of the more symbolic themes of the film that show the black man's subconscious struggles I think it is interesting that the villain of the film is essentially an American black who talks in an American style, lived in Oakland, has a hip hop aesthetic, was a CIA creation, and has an absentee father and was abandoned by his only other father figure (the king). How many black people in America does this represent in some fashion? Last time I checked the black community had like a 70% out of wedlock birth rate. Contrast this with T'challa who has a present father figure and lives in a well rounded culture without BET or the CIA selling crack. He embraces science and technology and is much more well rounded individual. Wakanda itself basically represents the heart and soul of the black man and the events of the film are a power struggle over who will control the black man. Either an authentic embrace of civilization and science represented by the T'challa and his family, or an anti-science imperialism based on hip hop ghetto black values and the knockout game. Which in turn are pretty much constructs of slavery imperialism and the CIA.

Yo could you not post your racist overtures about why the black man is betrodden by hip hop, you loving dingus.

• Locked thread