Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
As you get older your sense of humour slowly dies which means you no longer connect with most of your favorite comedians in the same way you did when you were a full human. The rest of your favorite comedians go into movies or start raping people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:synpa:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kuato posted:

I only like sitcoms with a laugh track. Heavily scripted with a cue to know when I should laugh. Stand up comedy a bit too unpredictable for my tastes, I am a man of routine and order.

Here’s a rap I wrote:
gently caress off bitch
gently caress off Kuato

gently caress off bitch
gently caress off Kuato

Risin in the morning first thing I do
Is spit upon Kuato
My altar of hate for you
Boom scissors in your eye
Boom my dick up your ear
Boom I’m punching your goddamn face full
Of fear

gently caress off bitch
gently caress off Kuato (repeat 4x)

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Here’s a rap I wrote:
gently caress off bitch
gently caress off Kuato

gently caress off bitch
gently caress off Kuato

Risin in the morning first thing I do
Is spit upon Kuato
My altar of hate for you
Boom scissors in your eye
Boom my dick up your ear
Boom I’m punching your goddamn face full
Of fear

gently caress off bitch
gently caress off Kuato (repeat 4x)

What have I ever done to you? I thought we were best friends forever! (BFF). Friends to the end! One day after Valentine’s Day too! :smith:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Kuato posted:

What have I ever done to you? I thought we were best friends forever! (BFF). Friends to the end! One day after Valentine’s Day too! :smith:

What the duck? You’re constantly attacking me, just look at your first reply in this thread

I can’t even

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

What the duck? You’re constantly attacking me, just look at your first reply in this thread

I can’t even

Uh, pretty sure I provided encouragement and positive reinforcement of both your superlative posting and threads. :shrug:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Kuato posted:

Uh, pretty sure I provided encouragement and positive reinforcement of both your superlative posting and threads. :shrug:

Oh... uh ok... I mean I guess I took it the wrong way... I gotta think about this...

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Back then this was funny.

Now its just real poo poo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The camera panning in on his face when he was bravely confessing to loving other women like literally every other famous man in America was so melodramatic it was almost as funny as anything else in the show. I think the pro bullying stuff was kind of in bad taste, and the wanting white kids to get shot too stuff hugged the line pretty hard between social commentary and just being edgy (I laughed but thought it went on a bit too long).

Overall it was pretty good, but definitely not great like he was back in the day. It's insane that he made 40 million dollars for the special though, and I genuinely don't understand how that can possibly be profitable for Netflix. Aside from that, the biggest surprise to me was that he's 53 years old and looks younger than a lot of people I know in their 30's. He looks so bizarrely young that it kind of ruined the Rihanna joke for me, because I was thinking he must somehow be a lot younger than he really is despite remembering him being a huge star in the 90's.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
People don’t understand that black audiences have been lagging behind on digital media and only in the last 5 years is that market coming online. Every black show/special for Netflix is potentially millions of revenue from black folks who have been using cable and satellite until very recently.

The first wave of Dave Chappelle specials made them so much goddam money its unreal, and that’s when they realized their outlet as a Stand-Up venue was going to start doing the heavy lifting. Stand Up comedians are some of the most online entertainers, so they bring it lots of ad revenue.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Kuato posted:

Good thread idea friend. I like it. Keep up the good work!

Hahahahahaha

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
It can’t be worse than the fred armisen special on Netflix. Literally impossible

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Armisen is the worst. At least this one had a funny bit about stabbing 100 people. I like a good job about stabbing logistics.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lacey posted:

Armisen is the worst. At least this one had a funny bit about stabbing 100 people. I like a good job about stabbing logistics.

i wish someone would stab me....with a needle of super soldier serum!!

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Since netflix got rid of star ratings i cant decide what to watch, so this thread is very helpful to me.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

WatermelonGun posted:

It can’t be worse than the fred armisen special on Netflix. Literally impossible

Chris Rock without his fastball is still Chris Rock, so it's good as long as you can accept him having some weird old man takes, and honestly one of the best Netflix comedy specials I've seen period. I'm just relieved he didn't do a repeat of his "but I understand" bit about OJ Simpson when he started talking about his divorce.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 16, 2018

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Orkin Mang posted:

i wish someone would stab me....with a needle of super soldier serum!!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

null posted:

Since netflix got rid of star ratings i cant decide what to watch, so this thread is very helpful to me.

watch The Wailing

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

ive been waiting
for a girl like you
to get me through the night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

People don’t understand that black audiences have been lagging behind on digital media and only in the last 5 years is that market coming online. Every black show/special for Netflix is potentially millions of revenue from black folks who have been using cable and satellite until very recently.

The first wave of Dave Chappelle specials made them so much goddam money its unreal, and that’s when they realized their outlet as a Stand-Up venue was going to start doing the heavy lifting. Stand Up comedians are some of the most online entertainers, so they bring it lots of ad revenue.

The first wave made Netflix so much god drat money because the celebrity cicada popped out of his hole after a decade, not because of your black audience mumbo jumbo

• Locked thread