Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
At the begining of the movie when Tommy Jarvis is going to like burn Jasons corpse or whatever to send him to hell, why does Jason actually have a gravestone, casket, and buriel plot? Who paid for it? His mother was the only family he had and shes long dead, and like ever since her death Jason was in no place to inherit any of her estate anyway. Who spent money on all of this stuff for Jason?

Also Tommy planned to burn jason alive but like he didn't bring a loving lighter? Who uses matches? So stupid. Also why did he bring Jason his mask anyway? just so when Jason miracously gets struck by lighting and revives (I have no problem with this aspect of the story it totally checks out) he can put the mask on and go back to jasoning? Just stupid. Also I would have to imagine that after Friday the 13th 4 the police would have taken that mask as evidence and not left it with some little boy as a souvenier. Especially considering the kid was in and out of mental institutions ever since.

I love his jacket though:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
his dad, elias voorhees, from the cancelled alternate ending and novelization you loving noob

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:yikes:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Cubone posted:

his dad, elias voorhees, from the cancelled alternate ending and novelization you loving noob

Oh... Alright i guess i have to go read some novels. Will update this OP if I am proven wrong and this movie does make sense

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
It’s a good jacket. No doubts about it from me.

I do wish you had included both a spoiler tag and a 56k warning; took me a while to load the op, otherwise I would’ve been first post

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Tommy Jarvis ages weird as gently caress.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Obsidianheart posted:

Tommy Jarvis ages weird as gently caress.

so does jason though, hes just a little boy in the first movie, but then hes a grown man in the second movie but they are only like a year apart :confused:

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

JakeP posted:

so does jason though, hes just a little boy in the first movie, but then hes a grown man in the second movie but they are only like a year apart :confused:

Little boy Jason was a hallucination, 2nd movie Jason was the little boy who supposedly drowned in the lake (but did not in fact do so for... reasons? Do they ever say how he's not dead there?) 10 (was it 10? I forget how long camp was closed) years later (sorry for all the parenthetical asides (sorry! (Really sorry.))).

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Obsidianheart posted:

Little boy Jason was a hallucination, 2nd movie Jason was the little boy who supposedly drowned in the lake (but did not in fact do so for... reasons? Do they ever say how he's not dead there?) 10 (was it 10? I forget how long camp was closed) years later (sorry for all the parenthetical asides (sorry! (Really sorry.))).

If it was a hallucination it is pretty odd. Mrs Vorhees seemed to think he was dead so basically no one knew he existed, but Alice seemed pretty sure that the boy was still alive and that she'd seen him. They never really confirm whether or not the cops that found her found her in the canoe, or fallen out of the tipped canoe when baby jason grabbed her.

Most of part 2 takes place 5 years later, but at the begining when Alice finds Mrs Vorhees head in her fridge and is murdered by adult Jason that was only 2 months later.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kuato posted:

Its a good jacket. No doubts about it from me.

I do wish you had included both a spoiler tag and a 56k warning; took me a while to load the op, otherwise I wouldve been first post

lol

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

is the seventh movie the one where the fat kid gets murdered

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

JakeP posted:

If it was a hallucination it is pretty odd. Mrs Vorhees seemed to think he was dead so basically no one knew he existed, but Alice seemed pretty sure that the boy was still alive and that she'd seen him. They never really confirm whether or not the cops that found her found her in the canoe, or fallen out of the tipped canoe when baby jason grabbed her.

Most of part 2 takes place 5 years later, but at the begining when Alice finds Mrs Vorhees head in her fridge and is murdered by adult Jason that was only 2 months later.

I had forgotten most of this timeline of events. I dunno. it was probably "We should make another one so people will give us money", but that answer is usually dismissed as cynical.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

curlys gold posted:

is the seventh movie the one where the fat kid gets murdered

the first fat kid that dies in friday the 13th is the 3rd one

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
theres a fat kid that gets murdered in 5 also, but he gets killed by a mental patient with a axe

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

JakeP posted:

theres a fat kid that gets murdered in 5 also, but he gets killed by a mental patient with a axe

yeah thats the one

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

JakeP posted:

Also Tommy planned to burn jason alive but like he didn't bring a loving lighter? Who uses matches? So stupid. Also why did he bring Jason his mask anyway? just so when Jason miracously gets struck by lighting and revives (I have no problem with this aspect of the story it totally checks out) he can put the mask on and go back to jasoning? Just stupid.

Dang ol' tale as old as time, man

People are fuckin morons

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

JakeP posted:

This is the guy who Corey Haim's mom claims raped him.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

He's also the one who said it was Charlie Sheen.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

JakeP posted:

The mental patient with the axe played the cool punk guy in Return of the Living Dead. He's dead now. Leukemia at 35. rip

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Regrettable posted:

This is the guy who Corey Haim's mom claims raped him.

just his mom or what

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

curlys gold posted:

just his mom or what

A guy named Greg Harrison also accused him of abusing Corey in 2016.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Fun fact: They did some fancy prop work for the double decapitation scene in VI and ended up having to cut the whole thing. Film ratings people were such pussies back in the day.

Shame we'll never get proper uncut rereleases of most of these movies.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

JakeP posted:

the first fat kid that dies in friday the 13th is the 3rd one

He's not even fat by today's standards

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Vastarien posted:

The mental patient with the axe played the cool punk guy in Return of the Living Dead. He's dead now. Leukemia at 35. rip

I've never put that together despite seeing both films many times! obviously I noticed Reggie the Reckless' brother is in Return as well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gently caress you, ballbuster! VI was the best one. It's the one Ft13 movie that knew what kind of movie it was and made by someone who loved the series and the horror genre in general.

Vastarien posted:

Never realized that until know, and I used the "gently caress you ballbuster" in memory of him.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

gwarm01 posted:

He's not even fat by today's standards

"being a jerk is better than being a nothing"

Shelly, you dumb idiot. Such a FOOL.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Idk, it made perfect sense to me when I was 12
also part vi is my favorite:)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JakeP posted:

Oh... Alright i guess i have to go read some novels. Will update this OP if I am proven wrong and this movie does make sense

There was a Friday the 13th book series in the 90s that was kind of weird, the first book was the only one with Jason but he gets killed at the end of it. The rest of the books involve characters finding the mask and becoming Jason after putting it on.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

There was a Friday the 13th book series in the 90s that was kind of weird, the first book was the only one with Jason but he gets killed at the end of it. The rest of the books involve characters finding the mask and becoming Jason after putting it on.

There was a tv show too that had absolutely nothing to do with the movies.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Kak posted:

one of the biggest disappointments of my childhood

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
when they kill jason why doesnt anyone just cut off his heat, and than smash his skull into 1000 peices and put his brain in a jar and lock the jar in a safe deposit box somewhere in the caribean

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
why the gently caress are you drawing a line in the sand at part 6

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
i never saw part 8, Jason Takes Vancouver

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I saw boobs in part 9 on hbo and jerked my dilz off to it when I was a kid. Is this what everyone did to Friday the 13th? The halcyon days when I didn’t need bizarre off the wall stuff to get aroused

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Kuato posted:

I saw boobs in part 9 on hbo and jerked my dilz off to it when I was a kid. Is this what everyone did to Friday the 13th? The halcyon days when I didn’t need bizarre off the wall stuff to get aroused

i liked to masterbate to all the blood and killing and also kevin bacon

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

unpleasantly turgid posted:

why the gently caress are you drawing a line in the sand at part 6

im not :confused:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

JakeP posted:

At the begining of the movie when Tommy Jarvis is going to like burn Jasons corpse or whatever to send him to hell, why does Jason actually have a gravestone, casket, and buriel plot? Who paid for it? His mother was the only family he had and shes long dead, and like ever since her death Jason was in no place to inherit any of her estate anyway. Who spent money on all of this stuff for Jason?

Also Tommy planned to burn jason alive but like he didn't bring a loving lighter? Who uses matches? So stupid. Also why did he bring Jason his mask anyway? just so when Jason miracously gets struck by lighting and revives (I have no problem with this aspect of the story it totally checks out) he can put the mask on and go back to jasoning? Just stupid. Also I would have to imagine that after Friday the 13th 4 the police would have taken that mask as evidence and not left it with some little boy as a souvenier. Especially considering the kid was in and out of mental institutions ever since.

I love his jacket though:

He has a half sister and niece in part 9

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Kak posted:

That show was worth watching for the ridiculously hot redhead alone.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Everybody knows that the magic snake from Jason Goes to Hell brings him back. DUH!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

JakeP posted:

when they kill jason why doesnt anyone just cut off his heat, and than smash his skull into 1000 peices and put his brain in a jar and lock the jar in a safe deposit box somewhere in the caribean

They blow him up good in Part 9 (Jason Goes to Hell), but then the coroner gets hypnotized into eating his heart and Jason possesses him to continue his murderous ways

• Locked thread