Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

These west-coast castoffs really tend to look good for the Pens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Also :lol: Torts definitely getting a penalty for this challenge

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Also :lol: Torts definitely getting a penalty for this challenge

That's only for offside.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

cenotaph posted:

That's only for offside.

Ah gently caress. I thought that was for both.
The review rules are arbitrary as hell

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

They sure are!

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
What the gently caress, Phil knocked Bobrovsky's stick out of position on that goal.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

What a fuckin' play by Malkin and shot by Dumo :siren:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Robot Danger posted:

What the gently caress, Phil knocked Bobrovsky's stick out of position on that goal.

On the replay you can see that the puck was already going through the 5 hole before the contact was made.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: BREAD :siren:

Three goals on seven shots between the two teams. This may be more comical than Rags Philly

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Atkinson and Panarin always embarrass the Pens.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Yep. Clownpuck ahead.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Probably ought to have had that one.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
LOL what a shitshow

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm watching Daytona until further notice.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Jesus we're only halfway through the 1st and it's 3 - 1.

e: 3 goals in 4 shots lmao

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 19, 2018

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
john moore is either really good or really bad with no inbetween

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
It used to be you had to two hand a guy to get a penalty as a goalie.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Please beat the Wings, Leafs.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
You're right, Paul. What is your excuse for being so stupid? Gregg can at least blame it on head injury.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Pretty sure ZAR isn't coming back down to Wilkes-Barre any time soon.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

this aston reese fellow seems to be working out quite nicely

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

How the gently caress does Pittsburgh keep calling these kids up and they're great right out of the gate jesus this keeps happening. It's like they have a factory of "Guys who can come up and score all the goals" :psyduck:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't know what it is but Bob always looks absolutely terrible against the Pens. Sure at least part of that is the Pens having the weapons they do but Bob doesn't help matters letting in softies left and right vs Pittsburgh.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

How the gently caress does Pittsburgh keep calling these kids up and they're great right out of the gate jesus this keeps happening. It's like they have a factory of "Guys who can come up and score all the goals" :psyduck:

I don't know what ZAR's long term potential is but he's been pretty solid in WBS and before that was really good in his last year of College. So this isn't entirely unexpected I guess.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

CBJSprague24 posted:

How the gently caress does Pittsburgh keep calling these kids up and they're great right out of the gate jesus this keeps happening. :psyduck:

aston-reese was probably the #2 college free agent behind will butcher. hard to miss

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Whoever does the Pens' college scouting has really been nailing it it seems. That and all the cups and the fact that they've been playing their kids probably make them an appealing option for the college/undrafted kids.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Whoever does the Pens' college scouting has really been nailing it it seems. That and all the cups and the fact that they've been playing their kids probably make them an appealing option for the college/undrafted kids.

ZAR specifically mentioned that a big part of why he signed with the Pens was how good they've been at developing college guys like Sheary, Guentzel, Ruhwedel, etc.

More than that their development of young players in general is really good. The guys they're turning into good NHLers weren't exactly lights out prospects. Guys like Rust, Sheary, Simon, Guentzel, none were high picks...they've really done a phenomenal job of player development.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
That was a goal if nyquist didn't totally screw it up

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i was thinking about this the other day too, and i know there's been some articles about how crosby likes playing with youngsters, and i guess it's kind of obvious, but it must be so good for their development to play with someone as creative as crosby. they're not just getting time on the 4th line to chip pucks in and grind, they have to learn to keep their heads on a swivel and see the whole ice pronto or else they won't keep getting minutes with him.

guys like sheary, guentzel and rust are all pretty good 2nd tier players, but i have a feeling that if they hadn't spent so much time early on getting minutes with crosby and malkin, they probably would be bottom 6 players with some 2nd line potential as opposed to being solid middle 6 players that can slot into the 1st line no problem

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

i was thinking about this the other day too, and i know there's been some articles about how crosby likes playing with youngsters, and i guess it's kind of obvious, but it must be so good for their development to play with someone as creative as crosby. they're not just getting time on the 4th line to chip pucks in and grind, they have to learn to keep their heads on a swivel and see the whole ice pronto or else they won't keep getting minutes with him.

guys like sheary, guentzel and rust are all pretty good 2nd tier players, but i have a feeling that if they hadn't spent so much time early on getting minutes with crosby and malkin, they probably would be bottom 6 players with some 2nd line potential as opposed to being solid middle 6 players that can slot into the 1st line no problem

Sully and JR deserve a lot of credit for cultivating a good environment for young players as well. Guys come up and know they won't be instantly benched if they make mistakes. And they get time with Crosby.

That just didn't happen under Bylsma/Shero.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
gently caress this Mrazek guy

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
thank you peter chiarelli

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Canes pulling the DeBoer Devils memorial game

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Welp time to mute the military wankery

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: Somebody :siren:, I'm just going to kind of half watch this unless they pull within one because I'm working on taxes.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
lol Wings bad

- e-

MY HUBRIS

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Lol this is just one of those games where the puck doesn't want to go in the net no matter what

Edit: literally right after I hit post

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:negative: Nylander :negative:

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
JVR in his office!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx