Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Tony Gunk posted:

4. George Washington
Yep. The man that started it all. The big kahuna. The Optimus Prime of Presidents. Lieutenant General George Washington set many of the precedents that became unwritten law for decades until some of them were enshrined as amendments to the Constitution. His career, love him or hate him, is a long and storied one...but I suspect my account will tell more unvarnished truth about Washington's military prowess than your textbooks did.

Washington, our worst military leader saved by European miscreants.

If you needed a flambouyantly gay Prussian to teach your army formations, you are bad at war.

<3 Von Steuben

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Tommy J

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Well done, Tony. Maybe if I have time I'll try to think up some Civil War trivia to help out.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I think I can write up something on Lincoln's love of new technology, if anyone is interested?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I don't know if he had JFK's charisma. But I can't say I'd wish anyone to be vaporized in a flying bomb program intended to kill nazis.

Joe Sr. Is an interesting case, corrupt, tied to bootleggers, and a very lucky stock investor that was an extremely controversial pick to be the first head of the Securities and Exchange Commission. In the end, he did a surprisingly good job putting the hurt on lovely companies.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Well done!

I apologize for not getting my groove effortposting in months. Taft was a lot of time and it still feels wanting, and since then I've been busy with a lot of personal projects.

That being said, I am working on a shortlist of smaller topics I might be able to cover more readily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

frankenfreak posted:

It's 2019 and Virginia has a governor who did blackface. :colbert:

And he was the "liberal" one.