Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Alter Ego posted:

(I hope you guys are enjoying these. I'm having fun writing them.)

I'd like to see your take on Dubya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, I'm fine with voting for a 3rd party if you genuinely believe the person would be the best at the job, but anyone who sincerely thinks Jill Stein would have been a better president than Hillary Clinton is absolutely insane.

A Jill Stein Presidency would not have been able to get anything passed, which certainly would've been better than Hillary passing tax breaks for the rich and starting wars.

axeil posted:

And also why everyone in their 30s and over were begging students/20somethings not to vote for Jill Stein in 2016. We had all seen this play out already in 2000 and once again, if you add the Dem+Green votes in PA, WI and MI the Dems would've won just like in 2000 in Florida.

Don't vote 3rd party, it really is a vote for whoever you hate the most.

Or maybe the democrats can nominate somebody worth voting for who stands for something.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

DC Murderverse posted:

hypothetical question time: if you could peer into an alternate reality where the dividing point was a change in one presidential election result, which would be most/least interesting? Would you look at an America in 2008 after Gore beat Bush in 2000? Or what the 80's would have been if Carter had beaten Reagan? Or what Vietnam would have looked like if Nixon had topped Kennedy in 1960? Or alternately, would 4 more years of H.W. Bush mattered all that much? Or would the end of WWII have been all that different if FDR had not won his 4th election?

I used to believe that Gore defeating Bush in 2000 would have had huge impact on American domestic and foreign policy. I then remembered that Joe Lieberman would've been similar to Dick Cheney on the warhawk bullshit (still would have invaded Iraq) while eliminating the public option years earlier before Obama. So, not much difference, really.