Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

merk posted:

edit: nevermind. I do not want in.

Yes you do, and I'm in too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

This game is full of straight gangsters.

and lumpen.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Hi thread.

Someone injected me with something n0 and I have no idea what it did.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

how do u successfully inject a robot tho

No idea, not super familiar with westworld lore.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Lando131 posted:

Not sure I buy this coming from someone constantly running ridiculous gambits.

Fair enough!

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Am I gonna die?

If someone can save me from this injection thing please do it tonight, I have no idea what's going on but I suspect I've been robot poisoned.

Does poison even effect robots?

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Lando131 posted:

I just reread the thread to get my bearings and I'm cracking up at Tolly trolling Lumpen after thinking I might find something there when Lumpen's vote turned out to have a basis. It also turns out that AA's vote was for MMT saying he was lying and leaving it there after she walked it back, which isn't as OMGUS as I'd thought, which annoys me because he was my other strongest scumread.

I'm also wondering if KB is voting MMT for making tone reads, or if there's something more to it.

Other thoughts: 50 has done nothing other than make a claim about being injected N0, and Lumpen was given a post restriction N0. Mr. F! has said nothing after confirming, Atomic Soda is MIA and flerp hasn't been seen since the start of D1, but it's a weekend. Merk is all over the place and unreadable.

You try being injected with mystery whatever n0 and not being concerned about it.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

A dumb thing is happening right now.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

50 pounds of recap.

50 is injected with mystery something.

MMT is a flavor brutal cop.

Quid is a host.

Quid is therefore town, godfather or 3p.

MMT is either town or 3p, because that role doesn't make sense as scum if scum are primarily humans and town are primarily hosts.

Does it confirm them? No.

Does it make them far less likely to be baddies? Yes.

MMT and quid would both be terrible d1 lunches and anyone considering them should feel bad.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

Also presumably if I were Godfather I'd still be Human-Aligned and therefore would be dead now.

Disagree with this. The flavor is pretty clearly laid out to show that it wouldn't effect hosts.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

That would mean it's purely a flavor gun and would be useless as a tool that gives information.

Are you trying to say you don't think host/human has bearing on alignment in a general sense?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

My interpretation of it is that hosts from the show may be humans in the game, and humans from the show may be hosts in the game. This would mean human aligned hosts would be godfathers, and host aligned humans would be millers.

I'm not sure how mmt's ability makes sense otherwise.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

So RF has effectively claimed miller in the thread, and the only way quid could be human aligned is if he is a godfather.

Is anyone else following, or am I just a crazy man?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I need to start reading this thread better, so far all I've done is speculate on whether I'm going to die or not.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah ok I guess that stuff makes sense ##unvote

MMT is more likely 3P. If her role specifically lets her kill Non-Hosts only, AND we know that there are Host aligned Humans (ie if she shot me I'd presumably die and I'm town), and we can assume there are Scum Aligned Hosts, her role doesn't make sense for Town OR Scum.

This isn't RF saying they are a host-aligned human?

RF clarify, is your character a human in the show but you are a host in game?

Or are you a host-aligned human in game?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

I think thats a bit too deep. Maybe theres just another layer.

So there's: Town vs Mafia vs 3rd Party on standard.

And then there's: Human or Host on another.

So you can have a Town Human or a Town Host.

Okay, but so far the cop ability we have seen looks for human or host. This would make any human that is host-aligned effectively a miller to MMT's ability.

I feel like this is clearly the most likely thing here.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I will succinctly put the assumption I am playing this game under right here.

What your character is in the show human/host is irrelevant.

Whether your character is a good or bad guy in the show is irrelevant.

In the GAME if your character is a human, you are either scum, 3p or miller.

In the GAME if your character is a host, you are either town, 3p, or godfather.

Unless DBD or someone's role based ability contradicts this assessment I will be taking this as gospel.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'd really like RF to confirm if his role pm states if he is a host-aligned human or not.

If he is assuming he is human because of flavor reasons, it makes my assessment less accurate. If his PM states he is a human that is host-aligned, it all but confirms my assessment.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This doesn't even make sense.

"You are a Westworld Host-aligned (role) (Town)."

Human isn't a role.

You are not good at this thinking thing are you?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This doesn't even make sense.

"You are a Westworld Host-aligned (role) (Town)."

Human isn't a role.

For example the role could be miller, and the descriptive flavor could mention that they are a human who sympathizes with the hosts.

Why is this hard?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I want to know if he claimed miller, yes.

No it doesn't make me think he is scum. D1 miller claims are good things. Clarification is good.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Did you miss this or what?

No, that is pretty clearly hinting towards the fact that humans from the show can be hosts in the game and vice versa.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Is he saying his character is not a host in the game? Or is he saying that his character is not a host in the show.

This is the discrepancy I am trying to uncover.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, I believe that what DBD is saying is that in this game,

"hosts" = "Hosts aligned = town
"humans" = Human aligned = scum

So if we're a character who is a human being in the show but Host-aligned, for the purposes of the game they would be a host. Also, this is what RF is claiming. Cool.

Right, but he seems to think your move would have killed him, which makes me think he is saying he is a host-aligned human in game.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote 50

I encourage people to read through his post history and do a mental count of the actual amount of cases/alignment calls.

Yeah, I already called myself out for that.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote 50

I encourage people to read through his post history and do a mental count of the actual amount of cases/alignment calls.

But I mean, if you think mystery injection isn't a likely scum ability then go ahead.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote 50

The answer is 2 btw, I have said I don't think either you or quid are scum, because of your ability.

RF is likely town if he is indeed claiming miller.

I need to reread in order to make scum accusations.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Okay, thank you for clarification.

If you could clarify with DBD that you are a host that would be helpful.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I think AA and DGK are the best choices for scum.

RF pinged me, but his posts regarding the argument regarding host/human alignment shenanigans make me think otherwise. Same with Tobbs.

Lumpen is town.

I wouldn't vote for Tobbs, RF, MMT, lumpen or Quid today.

I would vote AA and DGK.

Everyone else is off the radar, but would vote to avoid no lynch.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

Can you go into detail on this?

Gladly. RF's MMT vote was very bad. Scummy even. The claimed daytime brutal cop is an obviously town role which is easily provable. Questioning that role on d1 is insanely bad, and something scum may be interested in doing.

However the misunderstanding regarding his character being a human in the show and a host in game and what that meant as far as to the nature of his perception about MMT's role comes across as honest. I would be highly surprised if someone who was scum would come out and say what he did.

The way tobbs came across about lando also was odd to me. I didn't like his meta assumption, and accusation of coaching/stalkering. This kind of case is extremely easy to fake as scum. However the dialogue they had with me also came across as genuine. I highly doubt that tobbs is either a miller or human aligned.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

really starting to get suspicious of 50. i don't believe his "mystery injection" claim. calling bullshit on that. he's pulled similar gambit poo poo before in previous games and i fell for it.

If that's the concern then maybe wait to see if someone else gets mystery injected.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Tell me in your own words and casing why. That seems loaded with no explanation. You thin k dgk was bussing me??? Because it didn't feel like that.

Merk said everything I would have. You come across as disingenuous.

DGK on the other hand isn't scummy because of what he said about you, he is scummy because of his lando assessment. Unlike Tobbs however, he doesn't have the benefit of a genuine discussion that I was a part of.

You and DGK could be both scum bussing, one scum one town, or two town. However my assessment of both of you is independent of one another. The pressure DGK put on you could easily have been a scum bussing pressure or a genuine vote.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tolly Totes posted:

I'm going to look back at the Tobbs stuff later, but I've got no immediate case there. His case on Lando is hella bad though

Hella bad.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tolly Totes posted:

Right, and it really can't be understated that the whole original idea that somebody hearing something in their personal chat and then immediately posting it in the thread without thinking about it is more likely than a novice player who said he reads other games reading another game was ridiculous in the first place.

See this is what I don't buy. I read mafia games for fun, why wouldn't other people?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

The accusation here is that someone who is informed on info from their scum buddies would come to the thread, and post their knowledge of it. Why would that ever happen?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I have never seen the particular scumslip you are talking about and I have been playing mafia on SA for 11 years.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

GHGD in one of the shine games was a scum boss, shared info he shouldn't have had, and got dunked.

KhediveRex said he knew I was town, and put me on a list of people he thought were scum. I called him out on it. He was scum and ended up winning that game.

I apparently don't even remember most of the games I've played, but scumslips happen.

Sure, scumslips happen, but i've never seen a scumslip about another game.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

Why wouldn't you vote for KB?

Respond to me. I'm in a turboposting kind of mood.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

In my bed, trying and failing to go to sleep.

Tomorrow, definitely need to close the laptop soon. Did you ask me something that I missed?

No, but before you mentioned that I hadn't made any reads I had called myself out on that, then proceeded to go back and give my in thread analysis, I want your opinions because your role lends to you being almost definitely town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I secretly love that my meta makes people think I'm just straight lying about the injection thing.

Its my favorite thing itt.

• Locked thread