Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

We probably should start talking about who we are going to lynch soon. If we don't, we're going to be mad dash bad voting through the d1 lynch with little to no explanation for why people are voting the way they're voting.

Cuties!

Snail, AS, or b-

I bet there's a scum there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

i honestly have no idea what you are trying to figure out in your most recent posts. Especially when you're asking other players to comment on a specific player? maybe you're just overconfirned new town, but it really feels like you are playing with extra knowledge.

also don't like how silent quid has been, considering he is usually a high volume poster and was implicated in a in a failed day action. mmt has gone radio silent too.
not a fan of lynching lurkers (mr f, snail, flerp).

Lean scum: 50 pounds, AA, lando, rf

Lean town: tobbs, lumpen, merk, KB, mmt
Neutral on everyone else

I'll be around until deadline

Interesting that at the time of this post you had the same post count as snail (19).

Why is he on your lurker list? Why are you particularly averse to lynching lurkers? People have made a content case on snail, so why are you waving it off as a lurker case?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lando131 posted:

Oh I see HiipFire is just a lurky shitposter in a game where the admin asked us not to lurk. Got it. Maybe he'll come out D4 or something with some spicy reads because people like this never seem to get lynched regardless of alignment without some kind of investigation.

Hope you're right about this guy, Tobbs.

:)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

DGK2000 posted:

Tobbs Scummy

P.much claimed rolecop
Said he'd vote for... lurkers pretty much. Doesn't seem to have many reads.

I'm not a rolecop. Where are you getting this?

Most people are posting opinions, apart from flerp and Mr. F (as yet). Oh hey, I'm not pushing them, am I?

Town reads on Tolly, MMT, Hiipfire, Quid.

Scum reads on SS, AS, b-minus1.

Everyone else is largely floating in the aether, and includes most of the high-content (or volume) posters.

I wonder why you single me out as scummy if you're not going to read my post history, and instead make stuff up without supporting it?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

DGK2000 posted:

That reads to me like a softclaim.

Of rolecop? Seems a weird conclusion to draw. I'm happy to confirm that I'm not a rolecop if that helps.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

I have no idea. I could think of a thousand different things. It's day 1 in a game where I have no information about roles other than my own, the n0 action against me, and the mod posts. Trying to riddle about what 3p alignment she could be seems unhelpful, friendo.

Read merk twice and this caught my attention. Kinda wondering why he wouldn't let us know about a presumably negative N0 action used on him.

Unless it's related to his PR?

Apart from that he seems to be pushing people hard. Could be overconfident scum (I don't recall playing with a scum merk) but players that put themselves out there strongly are usually town.

The 3P hunting seems a little odd. Also, saying that we're walking into a lazy D1 lynch without saying why he feels any of the vote leaders are lazy lynches.

All in all, lean town, but some clarification needed on a few things.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Sure, there isn't anyone ahead of the pack, but there are 6 people with a couple votes on them at least (myself included). Presumably there are cases on us. It might be helpful to see which cases are the shittiest, as they may have scum votes behind them.

Of course, one common hallmark of scum is that they're afraid to lay down votes. Is there anyone seemingly contributing but not willing to toss a vote?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

You really found nothing wrong with his push on me? Can I ask you to go more in detail about that?

Like I think you're town, and acknowledge that sometimes I can go too deep into my own tunnels, but I feel really strong about this one and it would help a lot to hear someone (who I don't think is scum) say "hey I read that and I don't agree, here's why". :ohdear:

I took him at his word that he's a notorious 3P hunter. Not that I think you're 3P.

I think his push on you is dumb, but even he acknowledges that it's not going to go anywhere. If he were successfully pushing a lovely case I'd deduct some points.

As an aside, per my last statement, Dead Cow has 30 posts and a single joke vote/unvote. He's thrown shade at a number of posters but hasn't said who he thinks is scum or voted anyone.

Still suss on snail pending some reads from him. Still waiting for a single hot take from flerp.

Gonna ##vote Dead Cow

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
My major issue with NGK is his super hard push on AA, and then walking away from it without any reasoning until pressed about it. His reasoning was that AA posted more and he cooled on him. His reasoning was devoid of any real explanation.

So his opinions are fake. Probable scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

:lol:

If you follow that link, make sure to read the three posts after Merk's.

I just found the setup doc where it said he was scum.

Not sure it's great of him to use an example of himself 3P hunting while scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Gridlocked posted:

Question: someone said that voting for HiipFire is bad and they'd rather no lynch over a dead HiipFire. I can look up roles in detail on the wiki when I get home (5 hours) but for now can I ask if a suicide bomber role would explain this reaction?

That's not why I wouldn't dunk him.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dead Cow posted:

I don't like how AA hasn't really revisited MMT after the vig other than to say

When before the shot on Quid AA was saying that MMT was the scummiest scum that ever scummed.

That's pretty scummy.

I like my vote.

A day action happens that makes it highly improbable that someone's scum pick is scum, and you find it scummy that they change their mind?

No votes, lots of white noise and bad opinions. Dead Cow here is a scumbo.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

ill say i wasnt really paying attention to what was happening re: merk's post restriction but how are the post restrictions cops? i remember merk saying that he gained the post restriction on n0 so im assuming that has something to do with that but im a little lost as to why a post restriction would make somebody a cop

this game is rough

It's based on the assumption that whatever was used on merk and (bread?) would only affect hosts.

You can decide if that's a good or bad assumption.

MMT's brutal daycop is the most believable of the claims, as it happened in thread.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

sentimental snail posted:

I'm gonna try an experiment

tobbs, I'm surprised you didn't give me a quip in response to this. please acknowledge my feelings, and reply in the thread

Can't tell if buddying or genuine. I know I've pushed you hard when you were town (and I think the cop?) So I'll freely admit that I have trouble reading you. I certainly don't have a strong town read on you, though.

I like Dead Cow for scum better. She's been flying under everyone's radar while maintaining a presence in the thread, and the only defense thrown out there is a weak meta.

If she were town if have expected scum to be all over her as any easy mislynch. Right now the only ones interested in her are me (town) and MMT (highly improbable scum). That by itself is a bad reason to vote her, but it supports the scum case where she has no hard opinions/votes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Can't tell if buddying or genuine. I know I've pushed you hard when you were town (and I think the cop?) So I'll freely admit that I have trouble reading you. I certainly don't have a strong town read on you, though.

I like Dead Cow for scum better. She's been flying under everyone's radar while maintaining a presence in the thread, and the only defense thrown out there is a weak meta.

If she were town I'd have expected scum to be all over her as any easy mislynch. Right now the only ones interested in her are me (town) and MMT (highly improbable scum). That by itself is a bad reason to vote her, but it supports the scum case where she has no hard opinions/votes.

Mafia edit

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

KB is wasting a lot of his precious selfimposed word limit excusing himself and heaping scorn on lurking and Mr. F but not putting his vote where his mouth is and voting Mr. F

I am nothing special, but I would happily support ridding the game of a lurker today, be it KB, Mr. F, or Hal.

Did you forget flerp

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tolly Totes posted:

King, what is your post limit?

It's arbitrary and self-imposed.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

I humbly submit,
If KB is Scum, he's certainly seeming like it. Scumposts, lurking, self-conscious non-Scumhunting. Mostly talking about himself and stuff not related to finding Scum in this game. Self-imposed "posting limit" excuses.
If KB is Town, he can and should do better, and being lynched D1 for lurking will hopefully keep him from "turning into what he hates" in the future. If you're not going to play, don't sign up. Hal and Mr F included. The last thing we need is more people falling to that dark side.

I think he's probably Scum though and his cover story of new meta is a convenient smokescreen. ##Vote KB

Nah. We have a lot of similar reads, he's likely town (or has a role that lets him play his town game). How do your lumpen lists line up, now that he's essentially posted his?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Nobody with more than 2 votes, but I think it will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tolly Totes posted:

But... why?

He is salty about FF7. He had much higher engagement in thread than a lot of other posters, but got called out for low engagement.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tolly Totes posted:

Really got a bad feeling from Lumpen listing a reason why voting a town person could be good.

Agreed, it's a terrifyingly bad vote considering the level of engagement of flerp and Mr. F, for example.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Seems people are really pushing for you KB.

Happy to confirm your N0 if you think it helps.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dancer posted:

Wait what now, have I missed this? I'm not asking you to reveal more, has this been brought up before by either you or KB?

Not gonna out it explicitly if he'd prefer it stay a secret, but he targeted me with an innocuous ability N0.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

We have less than 6 hours and neither MrF or flerp have a single vote on them. I'll lynch any viable lurker on any D1 in the absense of a solid case. I don't have much more than gut on anybody so removing a lurker sounds great. KB or flerp I prefer over Mr. F or Hal because they are playing the lovely way they play.

I literally just posted the votecount showing that nobody has more than 2 votes. Everyone playing is a viable lynch candidate at this point.

Are you scum, lumpen?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dead Cow posted:

Ok, I've been earnest about the difficult time I've had reading people this game. I started reading people, put down my opinion on AA, but I feel like it wasn't quite enough for me to vote on.

I don't think it's scummy to hold off on a vote until I have a bit more certainty. Otherwise I'd just be playing Eenie meenie miney scum, and sticking votes random places. Or some sort of I Spy with my little eye, something that is Scummy! VOTE.

I'm really trying to analyze and get a good vote down rather than just hopping around on whatever the scumlord of the moment is.

You're set to have a D1 end where you've given us precisely zero hard opinions on who you think is scum.

That's a good way to end the day as scum, not town.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote

That's a good read of snail, and Hal's play does seem cautious.

Are you scum stickers?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, a general reminder:

flerp is scum and I'm gonna die N1 so good luck town

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

ok now i completely understand keane. its really loving annoying that i post (BEFORE THE GAME STARTS) that i wont be active. when i finally have some free time to play an internet game with strangers, i do try to provide some of my thoughts, but that was monday night and there was like no posts when i got active. then i woke up today and there were 150 posts or so i had to read, in-depth, on my phone, and now i have to get ready for class

lynch me, i dont care

also gently caress lumpen's list of scum tells but thats for after the game

Who is scum, flerp.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

50 pounds of bread posted:

Oh god, you need to rethink your life or start doing lumpen lists do I can laugh about having 3 lumpen in the thread.

Best thing to do if you find a lumpen is have a doctor look at it and decide if you need it removed.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

im walking to class rn so wont be super in depth but ill get some thoughts out

lumpen feels weird and hypocritical. i have never played with lumpen so i have no idea how he's supposed to play. possible scumbo

merk feels like the last game i played with hom. dont care about the pr nonsense. probably good

gridlocked i liked merk's case initially, cooled on him since he looks like newbie town. maybe good

dancer looks bad from what people have quoted, will need to review posts. maybe bad

kb looks frustrated his new meta is giving him flack. alignment neutral tho imo. inconclusive

need to spend time looking at more people ngl but here's a few thoughts

Thank you for your hot takes I will enjoy them with a little maple syrup

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Would vote without sighing:

Snail, flerp, Mr. F, Hal, AS

Wouldn't vote under any circumstance:

Quid, hiipfire, MMT, KB, merk, Tolly

Would vote while sighing resignedly:

Everyone else

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

I’m headed to the gym.

Not much of a rind on you.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Re-read snail.

Lots of side commentary and an odd vote on RF that he admits isn't great. Feels bad with him calling me town, but if he's scum that's a good play.

I find it really odd that merk is rising in the vote counts. The poster with far and away more posts than anyone else has never been scum, to the best of my recollection. Makes me think other candidates (snail? Mr. F?) are probably scum, and scum are trying to push merk due to the large number of players who have expressed negative sentiment towards him.

##vote stickers

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

DGK2000 posted:

Yeah, this is why I'm feeling Gridlock as scum.

DGK2000 posted:

Like this is super bullshit right here, look at it.

DGK2000 posted:

Merk was pretty gungho about Gridlocked. Tried to sway the vote to him.
When he noticed he wasn't getting traction, and people were looking elsewhere, he drops this:
He drops an unvote, and moves on to someone else he was suspicious of, and so were others.
IMMEDIATELY DROPS LUMPEN AFTER A SINGLE POST WHERE LUMPEN SAID HE SPENT 15 MINUTES IN NOSTALGIA
He realizes someone might notice him pulling things out of his rear end and drops
And then he eventually moves on to what is essentially a lurker lynch right now, despite there being far more interactions that we could get info from elsewhere.
I posit Merk is scum trying to lead the thread.

##Vote Merk

Would vote DGK for this. He's pushing Gridlocked hard, then does an about-face and votes merk for unvoting Gridlocked. Mind you, DGK's vote of merk unvotes Gridlocked.

Fake opinions, as was called out earlier with his turnaround on AA.

In fact let's spice it up. ##vote DGK

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
In case snail and DGK end up being different alignments:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also he's at -3, we've got a bit of time left so try not to hammer before he gets a chance to claim.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
For the record, I would only ever self-hammer as scum.

Not lynching town is good. N1 flips/actions can give info for D2. If I realllllyyyy strongly think a player is town I won't vote for them.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dancer posted:

One hour left, at -3, should I be panicking?

If he doesn't come claim or something in the next half hour I'll move back to him.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
b-minus is on my list of scummy players for sure. Coming in and unvoting when not voting seems like such a dumbass thing to do that it's almost alignment neutral, though.

I don't think snail is coming back to claim. 25 minutes.

##vote snail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Tobbs posted:

If I die tonight please don't let my case on Merk die with forget flerp killed me.

• Locked thread