Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

50 pounds of bread posted:

Don't worry guys, i am secretly ultimate copwatch jailer. I get to copwatchjail one person indefinitely and on d3 the copwatchjail makes me invincible too!

lol now you know how it feels Berserker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

My powers changed, my alignment didn't. I'm still town.

right, but how do you know my alignment didn't change?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

Interesting, you had the ability to save some people by decreasing it, but did not. How does it feel to have their deaths on your hands?

oh come on, even Li Dawny down near the bottom was sitting around 19 iirc, and only needed 11 moreover the course of the entire D3. I've done that just talking to you before I even had breakfast. if people literally cant be arsed to post a few quick reaction posts or chitchat to NOT DIE I dont know what to tell ya

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

give head or get dead posted:

1. The scumkill for some reason kills people with lowest postcount
2. A member of scumteam becomes president, and raises the minimum post count to not die to X, where X is just under his buddies post count
3. Everybody below that new post count bar is killed, mostly lurkers.

ok I don't see how this makes Dead Cow's point any less weirdly defended, or his original post any less meaningless fluff. Remember the point here is to find a scum (in this case, Dead Cow), not get even more mired in overanalyzing his completely valueless setup spec of "what if the scum could've been specially clued in so they didnt need super brains to find the hidden mod post and be smart enough to not die from lack of posting"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX, here is the original post from Dead cow that O first reacted to:

Dead Cow posted:

I'm concerned that the scum team might have known that post count was super important. I don't have much meta, but who was posting more than they usually do? Wasn't Bif one of them?

so hes worried that scum might've had some advance warning or something that there would be mechanics for mass lurker culling? And he thinks thats why I post so much? :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

The answer would be
"No, Bif usually posts a lot, that's not unusual"
or
"XYZ is posting way more than usual, maybe you're right Dead Cow!"

and, as I originally pointed out, this question had been asked already in the last thread. and it was answered with several resounding "no"s

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

Yes, that's what my theory is.

I pulled your name because I remember saying something about you having 140+ posts and it stuck

I went back through your posts, and if my theory is pretty correct then have I got a lead for you
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847492&userid=166831&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post481364261
[/quote]

yes, NGO was in fact the one who brought up how they were surprised I was posting so much, it was some amusing irony

wow you sure found that fast seeing as I have soooo many posts, its almost like you actually remember that existing postcount discussion more than you first appeared! Or like you're reaching for anything you can to try and make it look like you actually have a point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bad post

Tired I'm too lazy rn to look up that post where AA was all "wow Bif, we're actually in sync on these last few posts??" but pretend I quoted it and crossed out my name to replace with yours

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

keep in mind jon joe's "troublemaker" flip is now showing as an SK, not scum. This means he probably didn't have any team to coordinate or strategise with.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ooh I like that Juchero case. When you lay it all out like that it looks a lot stronger than this stuff I'm poking Dead Cow about.

##vote Juchero

Dead Cow is still on the suspects list though, and I'm gonna keep an eye on give head for backing him up for no good reason. I had a bad feeling about him earlier too, but I can't remember why.. if I get pinged any more I'll do up a more proper case though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

I think maybe the threadswap should have been handled by a spooky, zalgo text'd mass PM from Pod and/or pera on the topic

instead of just hoping everyone meanders in

well yes that would be the more proper way to handle it, but that would spoil all the joy of discovery

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

the "joy of discovery" seems to mean "people wandering in a day late, staring at 7 pages of discussion, and turning right the hell around"

a case for function over form, imo

but it's fun mindfuck shenanigans, who doesn't like fun mindfuck shenanigans

besides Asiina :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

As I mentioned earlier, if we all commit to walk home with someone, that should leave us protected from night kills, excepting for those walking home with scum. I'm assuming people who walk home with the loving bears are unprotected, and then we'll have a good idea of who's scum based on who was supposed to be walking with the dead guy.

One issue is that walking home apparently conflicts with doing any other night actions... but it does seem like a useful experiment, to see what happens if everyone publicly arranges a buddy system beforehand.

One other issue is with 18 people alive right now, that will leave one odd person out once we dunk somebody. But if people don't pair up with anyone they really think is scum, that problem should sort itself out nicely leaving 1 unfortunate scummy-looking outcast.

I'm gonna go ahead and pair up with Nat20 tonight. If he is scum, I support his bold "let's get Bif to never want to lunch me, except now we can't ever NK her till I'm dead" strategy.
...could prove to be a slight problem if he's an SK instead of scum, using this to coast along for a while, but hey, walking home with me should keep him busy, right?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

maybe there's just a chance of failure, or of getting watched or something if they try and kill someone with a witness around. The OP said they'll seek out lone targets, but yeah, that doesn't have to mean that lone targets are the only ones. It might just mean the most favourable conditions for an NK.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Asiina went from gung ho to immediately "im gonna afk" so she probably became scum

hahaha

Atomic Soda posted:

im suss of asiina but the sk was rolled before this thread. i wonder tho there must be some balancing to adjust for the number of lurker deaths.

Yeah I've been wondering this too, if the scum got rerolled or something to make this a new fresh game of 18 where the previous casing might mislead us... but it'll at least get us started super fast instead of flailing on D1.

Dead Cow posted:

My crime was misreading the thread. If you read my posts here you’ll see that 1. I was asking if Bif was going against meta and she was not, and 2. I was looking for people who were posting more than usual

Well? did you ever find any? :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

Yes, I even quoted you when I told you that going back through your posts helped me find one

Are people just selectively reading this thread?

yeah you quoted that, but in the context of looking through MY posts, not looking through the whole thread...

Dead Cow posted:

I went back through your posts, and if my theory is pretty correct then have I got a lead for you

...so it seems like you were more concerned with trying to find something that would be a nice dig at me, not to find other people posting the wrong amount. Is NGO all you've got, did you stop there after looking through my posts to take my scummy word for it on how NGO is posting unusually frequently? Or did you ever put in some actual independent work to investigating "your theory"? Maybe you could check people's postcounts against their votefinder averages? ....just like NGO was doing?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh hey Nat, clearly you think 50's the best lunch but what do you think of the Juch case vs the Dead cow case, and how close to they come to overtaking 50 in your mind

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

Nah, I like NGO and Jucherio for scum, and I still think there's something wrong with Sal. I'm not going to make an excel spreadsheet. I found a suggestion, went "yeah, that guy seems like a scummy jerk from what I read" and am continuing on my way.

How about YOU do some more research, you keep acting like I was calling you scum when, like, so many other people actually called you scum last thread

Are you upset that I haven't called you scum? I mean, I could, but I'm just not feeling it really. Would it make you feel better?

I'm just hunting scum mate :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

I would assume there's more than one scum

oh poo poo you mean it's not just Juchero, that's the only reason I cleared you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

The case that was confused is because I asked two questions that weren't answered. Instead Bif took my questions as "I'm calling Bif scum" instead of, you know, the actual questions.

If anyone any earlier than they did would have answered my question, there wouldn't have been the back and forth of me trying to get Bif to just read what the hell I wrote instead of acting like my mom and trying to put meaning behind something that isn't there.
I have a theory, and yes it may be setup related, but it's what I'm going on for now.

you're misrepresenting what I said.

I found your post pinged me because it was such empty speculation. Your "wasn't one of them Bif...?" question is also very useless since it's already been answered many times over. But it was the first part that pinged me the most and it's why I made sure to cast the vote before I got to the bit about me cause I had a feeling it'd just get painted as an OMGUS soon enough. ;)

Your reactions afterward also sound scummy to me because they were trying too hard to justify your speculation as NOT being useless, and starting to sound inconsistent in the process. It comes off as you sounding overdefensive because you are scum and I called you out correctly.

And now you're trying to paint the whole thing as a flawed OMGUS instead of recognizing that I'm just scumhunting by trying to point out where people's language or justifications sound odd, possibly because they are faking opinions.

##vote Dead Cow

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

The case that was confused is because I asked two questions that weren't answered.

oh, also: man I wish more Aussies were here, this is literally "I'm just asking questions :shrug" hahahahaha

But you weren't just asking two questions. You were also making some really vague assertion:

Dead Cow posted:

I'm concerned that the scum team might have known that post count was super important.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

No, you didn't get what I was saying, but that's ok. It's ok to admit that you're wrong you know

Wrong about what, exactly? Is it anything that proves you town somehow cause I kinda get the feeling it isn't.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm concerned that the scum team might have known that mod count was super important.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I have a town read on Dead Cow, remember her being a lot lurkier as scum. Bif's push on her is basically an OMGUS to a very light calling out, beyond that I fail to see why "scum may have known about postcount mechanics" is at all an unreasonable opinion in this game.

Innnnteresting

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

realtalk I'm getting a bit antsy now about whether I'm right about Dead Cow or not, but if DC really is town, that Ninth post just now sure sounds like scum cruising for cred.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

Yeah, I thought the same thing...

yeah I'm getting too nervous now,

##unvote

lets stick with the vengeance plan, even if Nat being still alive makes it a bit less dramatic

##vote 50

but I would still vote either DC or Juch

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

but I would still vote either DC or Juch

or Ninth actually, but I doubt we can get that new train going up from scratch rn. Would like some more time to think that one over too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

50 pounds of bread posted:

Their main point is that I distracted the town by talking about them calling me out for lying, which literally never happened.

Yeah I lied, but the logic of the lie is consistent. Bif and nat20 are literally OMGUS voting me for thinking nat20 was the best big target. A point to which a flipped town b-minus agreed.

ok if I die and flip town everyone make sure to lunch everyone I thought was scummy cause my reads are all correct

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't see it? There's nothing so obvious or bad about noting that scum may have been playing in ways to benefit from postcount mechanics in a game that seems to involve them. That's probably something we should think about. I don't know if Dead Cow has ever played in a game with Bif before or would have enough of an idea of her meta to set up leading questions on her, there's no real way of telling though as Bif immediately jumped on her for the post.

hey I got room to doubt on DC, but you just not getting how I was trying to press on something that looks scummy seems reeeeal convenient from a fellow rabble-rouser like you, Ninth

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

but I also think the flerp claim link makes him a lot less likely to be scum, since I can't think of a way in which one could be scum and the other isn't, and it seems like a risky claim gambit for them if they're both scum.

scum flerp trying to kill me while making his usual jokes about it and town Nat stops him, there, that didn't take long to think up

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Now that FF7 has finally ended, with Nat getting scum yet AGAIN, I can finally say that if he isnt really redeemed into townieness at last through the power of his sempai noticing him, I don't wanna be right

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

Oh cool now I can say that his play right now seriously reminds of said finished game

lalalala I cant hear you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

uh Sal you might wanna get around to making that decision who to vote hey

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

Oh cool now I can say that his play right now seriously reminds of said finished game

Now that I've read Turks chat I think I see what you mean but

Bifauxnen posted:

lalalala I cant hear you

also Nat appears to have walked home with me last night.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wow holy poo poo Asiina

I agree with nearly everything on your list but I'd bump get head or get dead a little higher on the suss list. His posting's been giving me vague pings but not in a way where I've had any one obvious thing to poke at, and at some point in the middle he felt a little more townie again so I lost track, but then he started leaning more scummy again.

I'm also not too suspicious of Sal. Maybe still keep an eye on him just in case it's finally his first scum game, but I think Ninth or DC or get head or Cat would be better.

Ninth I was just looking over and saw some rolefishing on flerp, btw, and I'd expect him to be playing a lot more aggressive townie by now, so I'm leaning towards TNL as who I most wanna vote today but I'd be quite happy to vote with you on any of your other main suspects besides Sal.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

fake edit: I haven't read that big post yet when I was writing my medium post, off to do that now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hm that is a lot of points against Sal though so ok, I'll bump him up higher on the suss list but wouldn't put him at first choice for today

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

I walked home with my Bifu.

I've never been happier.

:kimchi:

Tired Moritz posted:

people keep saying that the everyone hold hands solution is too simple but maybe this game really is simple

maybe if we all hold hands, we unlock the secret route.

No Murders No Bearboozles

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow, what do you think of the suspects from Asiina's list? Do you agree with them, particularly her strongest read on Cat, and which ones do you find the most scummy? Who from her list would you vote for? Do you think Atomic and NGO are both scummier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I was Vanilla Town in the first thread, but with the start of "Part 2" I got upgraded to a watcher. I watched GeneX (as he was a suspect of mine from the first thread). I wasn't sure if I could do both actions (walk home and track) so I went with the one I felt was safest (watching Gene).

Oh hey Sal, maybe you shouldn't actually clear this up cause it's nice to keep scum guessing, but I do find it kind of weird you bothered to claim you got a power role but then not make it clear which role you're actually claiming. Particularly if you're a tracker, cause then you should probably give your results. (as opposed to a watcher who should usually NOT share results on someone not dead, cause you could be outing benevolent power roles)

• Locked thread