Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Duodecimal posted:

CG and alloy buildings also no longer exclusive.

I don't understand what the logistics slider does.

Weirdly, my pre-3.03 game's cybrex chain didn't break

I think the logistic growth would just be the growth curve for individual planets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Kaal posted:

I continue to be pretty happy with the responsiveness of the dev team to balance issues and bugs. They're certainly putting in the work.

IIRC they were hiring for a bunch of positions a while back, maybe with the new patch out and those jobs filled they're moving at speed again? Either way, this rules and I hope they keep it up. Every change looks good.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Logistic slider is how much bonus to growth you get on the sweet spot of the curve. So at a setting of 1.5 a planet's base growth increases by 50% when pops/capacity = 0.55 or whatever the magic ratio is.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Sloober posted:

the cybrex secrets reward is megastructure build speed now, and the relic is the 5000 alloy for mineral/influence active now, also i had a problem with completing the final 'shoulders of giants' mission and not getting any reward (which should be the increased unity, research, etc)

so something seems to occasionally break in these multi-path missions

Oh, well that makes it more universally useful, so that's good. Although I got the prophet's head and it still has ethics attraction which is no good for gestalts!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Splicer posted:

Buffed? Yes. Good? Nah.
Fair. Very fair. At least less useless now.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

Oh, well that makes it more universally useful, so that's good. Although I got the prophet's head and it still has ethics attraction which is no good for gestalts!

it would definitely be nice if relics got a usefulness pass over, some are just extremely meh, but also i totally get why they shouldn't be OP as hell since i've had more than a few games where there were zero relics in my borders

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Darkrenown posted:

Amazing, been wanting that since the pops/jobs change!

You should have a Secrets of the Cybrex button on the Relics screen - but IIRC it's all about robots so maybe it doesn't fire for hives since you can't use em anyway.

I know how it's normally supposed to work, but it no longer does in 3.0.3. The 3.0.3 beta update thread on the Paradox forums mentions some kind of fix for it, so they must have accidentally broken it when changing something around in the beta patch. Should hopefully be fixed as soon as they update the beta patch :)

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Darkrenown posted:

You have to admit it's pretty hilarious for a hivemind or maybe machine intelligence to be considered the chosen of Zarqlan, though :D

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
My first Common Ground (galactic union) origin roll ever:

Bahaha

edit:

On the hunt for:
  • Horizon Signal.
  • Surveryor.
  • Stretch Goal: Galactic Imperium

For a one-system challenge, what's the best Megastructure? Strategic Operations Center?

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 6, 2021

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

You don't have to claim space directly next to you. It'll be more expensive but you should jump your buddy and claim a system and start expanding.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Accretionist posted:

For a one-system challenge, what's the best Megastructure? Strategic Operations Center?
as many habitats as you can possibly cram into that space

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ZypherIM posted:

You don't have to claim space directly next to you. It'll be more expensive but you should jump your buddy and claim a system and start expanding.
Joke option: Leapfrog right and take nothing but your other neighbour's three systems for the ultimate spite run.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

If I ever do a federation start I think I'd increase the hyperlane density, probably a lot more benefit to that origin if all of the members can expand at the start?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
One system.

One surveyor.

Perfect balance.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Does the scientist spec/level you use for archaeology sites change the outcome or does it only change how long it takes?

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 7, 2021

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

ilkhan posted:

Does the scientist spec/level you use for archaeology sites change the outcome or does it only change how long it takes?

Some digsites may have multiple outcomes but you're usually offered a choice with how to proceed. Some added through mods tend to have some RNG baked in, however. There's a scientist trait that increases archaeology dig speed, and higher level scientists get a bonus to their starting % to reach a breakthrough for each stage.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Update: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/dev-team-3-0-3-beta-patch-released-checksum-bfcc.1470855/page-9#post-27509909

* Reduced base automatic resettlement chance to 5% per month (46% chance per planet to resettle per year).
* Crime Lord Deal now also adds criminal jobs.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 7, 2021

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

A thing which either is new or which I didn't recall from the last time I played a lot of Stellaris, is that Assimilating new pops into a full-synth Uploader empire actually changes them into your main-race Synths.

Which means that every popsworth of fleshbags whose chains get struck and then who immediately get stuffed into the Volunteer Chamber becomes my optimized robot template, but also that the ro-bros which I assembled before Ascending and which I've also bought off the market are stuck as their own species and can't be Volunteered.

I've got Ringworld segments to fill, and can afford to run a 1-2 month upgrade project for two different kinds of robots every decade or so, but it'd be nice to at least be able to consolidate all silicone-origin pops into home-team designs.

Also this game has all the same flaws I remember, but is a whole lot more fun. My current playthrough is pretty well set up to Become The Crisis, or would be if I had Nemesis, but a second warp storm just blew through the galaxy so I'm assuming that the actual crisis is on its way. Just before I saved for the evening, the Awakened of the two ancient empires had declared war and invaded through a series of wormholes. They split up their x number of 135k doomstacks while I was massing my four 70k fleets, and I think I've managed to break this loving AE as a result. Started the war with about 620 fleet cap under weigh, and now have juuuuust about 700. All the new manufacture has Dark Matter everything but nothing has been still for longer than it takes to repair most remaining hull damage in a good five years. I don't have passage rights through intervening jumps, including the wormholes they're coming through, but the edge of their territory is in jump range of my space. I figure I drop two fleets in, wait out the timer, and then push forward. I've been raising Xenomorphs nonstop since the war declaration came through, and they ought to slip in the same way without losing any of their collateral damage potential.

My Admirals are all chewing through ranks, too, and rolling half-decent Traits. It's been pretty good, probably ought to up the difficulty or pick up a mod to up difficulty at the midgame year or something.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Splicer posted:

* Reduced base automatic resettlement chance to 5% per month (46% chance per planet to resettle per year).

Truly the change we were crying out for. Gating QOL improvements behind starbase buildings when both starbase and building slots are extremely limited is loving stupid.

e: lol and this nerfs democracy which was already not great. Excellent work all round.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Tarnop posted:

Truly the change we were crying out for. Gating QOL improvements behind starbase buildings when both starbase and building slots are extremely limited is loving stupid.

e: lol and this nerfs democracy which was already not great. Excellent work all round.

Hey you can always increase the chance by...

voting in...

Greater than Ourselves...

:negative:

For all the good chances in the patch I do not understand why Paradox insists that auto-resettlement HAS to be gated behind something or imperfect in some fashion.

Resettlement has never been, in the history of the game, interesting or fun. It's a chore, nothing else.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 7, 2021

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Paradox posted:

Unemployment is intended to be a thing in the game. At the new rate, a single unemployed pop will still have a 46% chance of moving to another world within a year if you did absolutely nothing to encourage it.

At a base of 10% per month, we felt that the automigration was too fast, reducing the value of civics and living standards that interact with unemployment as well as anything that affects the rate of automatic migration.

Literally, "PEOPLE WERE HAVING FUN NOT HAVING TO MICROMANAGE POOR PEOPLE, AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT."

Crime Lord change is a good balance though.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Unemployment is intended to be a thing."

It's just not, though. It's a failure state, not a mechanic.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 11:00 on May 7, 2021

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Splicer posted:

* Crime Lord Deal now also adds criminal jobs.

Goes from a 100% pick to 0% pick I guess

Completely unrelated:

Has anyone else noticed faction bonuses and maluses being completely f***ed up atm? Some of my pops who are in a very unsatisfied and suppressed faction do not get the maluses and occasionally pops who are in pretty decent factions get maluses like they were in the suppressed ones. And apparently there is no influence cost to supporessing a faction in my current game. Anyone else seen this and any idea what causes it? Reloading seems to fix some of the issues.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Aethernet posted:

Literally, "PEOPLE WERE HAVING FUN NOT HAVING TO MICROMANAGE POOR PEOPLE, AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT."

Crime Lord change is a good balance though.

It cuts the resettlement rate in half, but that's not quite as simple as "we want people to micromanage poo poo". That check is made monthly; your pops will still resettle themselves

e: With Transit Hubs, the chance of resettlement will be 10%/month. On 3.02 with Transit Hubs, it is 20%/month. This isn't a good change but doesn't seem like it warrants histrionics?

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 11:30 on May 7, 2021

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

SirTagz posted:

Has anyone else noticed faction bonuses and maluses being completely f***ed up atm? Some of my pops who are in a very unsatisfied and suppressed faction do not get the maluses and occasionally pops who are in pretty decent factions get maluses like they were in the suppressed ones. And apparently there is no influence cost to supporessing a faction in my current game. Anyone else seen this and any idea what causes it? Reloading seems to fix some of the issues.
Reload your game, and upvote this bug

quote:

Pops do not update happiness on ethics change until game is reloaded

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

QuarkJets posted:

It cuts the resettlement rate in half, but that's not quite as simple as "we want people to micromanage poo poo". That check is made monthly; your pops will still resettle themselves

e: With Transit Hubs, the chance of resettlement will be 10%/month. On 3.02 with Transit Hubs, it is 20%/month. This isn't a good change but doesn't seem like it warrants histrionics?

I can't believe you are demanding that we don't get hysterical about minor changes here.

In the Stellaris Thread.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Aethernet posted:

I can't believe you are demanding that we don't get hysterical about minor changes here.

In the Stellaris Thread.
I am shocked and appalled. QuarkJets has killed my ability to feel human.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

What problem are they exactly fixing, making resettlement slower? Noone wanting to build Transit Hubs?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Oh no no, people where building transit hubs alright.

But if pops work effortlessly, players might become more aware of other issues, so back into the Stockholm Prison everyone goes! It's quite genius, really.

(pff, histrionics)

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Unironically the stated reason is a pretty big part of why I think the change is stupid.

Why do they want unemployment to be a thing? If unemployment in itself was interesting (like if it tied into an education system or something) I would be okay with the reason, but right now unemployment doesn't add anything to the game. It's literally just a "hey, build something or bad stuff will happen to you" blinking red light.

So nerfing a QoL feature for that just does not look good even if it'll be probably fine. The economy rework has shown that the devs have pretty good feelers on the game state so why changes like these kind of... reek of the "dev do not play the game" syndrome, even if we know it's not true in this case. If you want to make unemployment a thing, make it a fun/interesting mechanic first. Not after you downgraded a much requested QoL feature. I'm not surprised that people are reacting this way (me included, of course), even if the change is pretty minor.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tarnop posted:

This is the likelihood that an unemployed pop auto-migrates within 12 months in 3.02 vs 3.03:
Base: 70% vs 45%
Democracy: 85% vs 60%
Transit Hub: 90% vs 70%
Transit Hub + Democracy: 95% vs 80%

Democracy actually seems to be better with these new numbers imo. If you have a transit hub, that's overall a +10% chance of resettlement if you also have Democracy, versus only a +5% chance in 3.02. Basically Democracy is twice as good now if you're going to build transit hubs anyway (which you definitely should, that's true in 3.02 too)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Unironically the stated reason is a pretty big part of why I think the change is stupid.

Why do they want unemployment to be a thing? If unemployment in itself was interesting (like if it tied into an education system or something) I would be okay with the reason, but right now unemployment doesn't add anything to the game. It's literally just a "hey, build something or bad stuff will happen to you" blinking red light.

So nerfing a QoL feature for that just does not look good even if it'll be probably fine. The economy rework has shown that the devs have pretty good feelers on the game state so why changes like these kind of... reek of the "dev do not play the game" syndrome, even if we know it's not true in this case. If you want to make unemployment a thing, make it a fun/interesting mechanic first. Not after you downgraded a much requested QoL feature. I'm not surprised that people are reacting this way (me included, of course), even if the change is pretty minor.

The main draw of Social Welfare and the various Egalitarian living standards is that unemployed pops provide benefits instead of penalties. Longer periods of unemployment makes those living standards more attractive, that may explain the change

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

QuarkJets posted:

This is the likelihood that an unemployed pop auto-migrates within 12 months in 3.02 vs 3.03:

Democracy actually seems to be better with these new numbers imo. If you have a transit hub, that's overall a +10% chance of resettlement if you also have Democracy, versus only a +5% chance in 3.02. Basically Democracy is twice as good now if you're going to build transit hubs anyway (which you definitely should, that's true in 3.02 too)

Adding a transit hub with democracy halves the chance of not resettling in 3.02. In 3.03 it reduces it by a third.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Personally I'm all in favor of all of the beta changes, including the unemployment autosettlement mechanics. It seems like the game is only getting better and better. Maybe some people need Paradox to personally slap your hand when you try to use manual resettlement too often, but I am not one of those people.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tarnop posted:

Adding a transit hub with democracy halves the chance of not resettling in 3.02. In 3.03 it reduces it by a third.

In 3.02 average was 10 months and dem+station was 4 months

In 3.03 average is 20 months and dem+station is 8 months.

6 month vs 12 month reduction

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

QuarkJets posted:

It's worse. Old way, building a transit hub removed 2/3 of the pops that wouldn't move by themselves. New way, only 1/2.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

With auto-resettle as high as it was there zero point to civics like shared burdens. The change makes sense imo.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

i think it's fascinating sometimes how the posts in this thread reveal the different ways people play the game by what they consider to be major issues. i seem to recall you being super gung-ho about the academic privilege living standard, but you know, "bad stuff" happening when you have unemployment is not universal. it's intended to be a downside of the stratified living standards! social welfare and utopian abundance, which tend to get dismissed as worthless here in this thread, completely remove unemployment penalties. in fact if you had to choose between making a pop a clerk or leaving them unemployed under utopian abundance, it's much much better to leave them unemployed.

the problem is that drat red icon, in some ways. it gets to people.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's worse. Old way, building a transit hub removed 2/3 of the pops that wouldn't move by themselves. New way, only 1/2.

how do you have pop growth on planets so high, them moving every 10 months only moves a half??

e:

Jazerus posted:

i play shared burdens and/or utopian abundance like 99% of the time i'm not playing gestalt, and the red icon is super annoying i wish there was an option to disable it. especially now that pops auto-move anyway, i don't need an alert telling me about something being an issue for a couple months that will solve itself anyway

Truga fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Jazerus posted:

I am exactly this person.

I see a red icon, I must fix the red icon.

Although, to be fair, "+10% research output" vs "not having to deal with pop micro as much" seems kind of a bad choice designwise, mechanics vs convenience and all.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 7, 2021