Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

really queer Christmas posted:

How long do you need to bombard a planet to turn it into a tomb world? I didn’t have a very large fleet (3 destroyers and 20 corvettes) but I bombed a world for 7 years and most of the planet was rubble, but I had to stop because war exhaustion was at 90.

ConfusedUs posted:

When the last pop dies, the world is ruined.

Every time you chew through the planet’s health bar one of three things happens:

A crater tile blocker appears, removing both building and pop.

A building is ruined.

A pop dies.

All of this appears true (I THINK that buildings get ruined as collateral damage while you're going through the health bar, and the other two have a chance of occurring each time you get it down to 0), but you have to be using Armageddon bombardment stance (and thus, you have to be a Fanatical Purifier or a Determined Exterminator) to turn a planet into a tomb world. Otherwise, vanilla you won't even be able to kill the last pop on a planet with any other stance.

On a somewhat related note, my little orbital bombardment mod, which changes that inconvenient fact, has been updated for 2.0.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

GotLag posted:

What's this Decreased Solar Output malus my capital world's star keeps getting?

I THINK that's a new feature in Gulli's planet mod, stars can randomly get increased or decreased output.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Taear posted:

Pacifist seems like a trap option. I can't really do much of anything any more. Not even proper wars of liberation!

What do you mean, you can still force an ideologically untenable government on your antagonist nation, that's as proper a war of liberation as anything. :colbert: I imagine that the proceeding rebellions will do as good a job of tearing the unsustainably tiny successor states off your opponent as the war ever would have. There should def be a CB to free someone's vassals though.

2.0 at least means you can claim territory in defensive wars, and thereby gain territory for winning (I used to have to mod that into my game before). Problem with my Inwards Perfection games in 2.0 is that I get so swole that nobody will declare war on me (I guess I'm bad at looking like an easy target while still being able to produce a fleet quickly enough to repel an actual attack).

Worse, I can't demand tribute from the barbarian neighbours groveling in the shadow of my magnificence (even though Demand Tribute is one of the few diplo options that are available as Inwards Perfection) because it now requires the first Domination tradition, and Inwards Perfection swaps Domination for Purity so they can never get it. I mean, yeah, I DO play IPs like they were weirdo reverse FPs but why you gotta call me out like that, game?

I'm thinking of slightly tweaking that tradition swap in a mod, anyway. I just need to think of a word that properly represents the attitude of, say, medieval China towards its neighbours.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Tomn posted:

Condescending paternalism?

Splendid isolation?

You begin to see my problem!

Right now, for the tree title I'm thinking "Ascendancy", "Splendour", or "Mandate", and for actual traditions I'll probably mix Domination and Purity (there are really only a couple of Purity traditions where I think their Domination equivalent makes more sense for IPs) and use some flavourful phases like that to rename them, similar to the hive mind/machine empire renames.

canepazzo posted:

Not sure if it's new, but I completed the Irassian chain and the homeworld was spawned into a new system that wasn't there anymore, it just created a hyperlane from one of my border systems. Didn't it use to be an existing system?

Like Taear says, it's always been like that, it just used to create the new system somewhere close in distance (or maybe just somewhere in a given precursor's "designated region" - which might well have been inaccessible to you because it was in someone else's territory with closed borders. So there were Good Changes to that in 2.0.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 26, 2018

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Shugojin posted:

There is a displacement purge type you can use. It takes a while though, there need to be open tiles in empires accepting refugees.

Technically it doesn't NEED that to be the case, there's another event that just "displaces" them to unknown space (deletes the pop rather than moving it somewhere) but both of those events take a fairly long time to happen.

But yeah, a regular non-displacement purge will still get you hated for genocide. FP is a civic, after all - its their government that's the problem, without it they would just be billions of generic mostly-xenophobic assholes. Maybe the Regime Change Ideology wargoal needs to be usable against FPs too? I don't recall if it is (and of course it's barely usable right now anyway because of war exhaustion).

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Trip report on that mod to expand map slider options that Baronjutter posted about - unfortunately it doesn't change the STEPS on the sliders, just the minimums and maximums. So the dream of a hyperlane density setting between 0.75 and 1x remains unfulfilled - BUT, it gave me an idea that appears to have actually worked out.

If you create a mod that adds or changes the text files in map/setup_scenarios, then any setting that you change in those text files becomes the new default, even if it could not ordinarily be reached by the sliders ingame - and, at least for hyperlane density, appears to work as would be expected as long as you don't change it once you load the game. So the game I started with hyperlane density ("num_hyperlanes" in the file) set at 0.88 using this method does feel like it has more chokes than 1x and less than 0.75.

I'm at work so I can't post to the workshop (I might when I get home) but for those of you looking for a sweet spot it might be worth a try.

Slashrat posted:

Is it a known bug that you apparently can't make vassals/tributaries as a machine intelligence? I'm playing rogue servitors and have just adopted the domination tradition, but the diplomacy menu for my neighboring assholes still say that I must adopt the tradition before I can issue the demands. All the other requirements for the demands (neighbor, superior power, they are not at war) are all met.

I don't know if it's KNOWN but it's been reported on the Paradox forums and it's another effect of the same bug I bitched about for Inward Perfection a few pages ago: demanding vassals and tributaries requires the DEFAULT version of the Domination tradition, no swaps, but, like IPs/FPs/MTs/Swarms do with Purity, generic hive minds and machine intelligences swap it out for what, under the hood, is a different tradition (I think it just has different names and descriptive text but the same effects), so it doesn't actually work for enabling tribute/vassal demands.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 27, 2018

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Autonomous Monster posted:

Now of course anyone can just drop their entire navy into my industrial heartland whenever they please, but it's also made my internal lines vanishingly short. New era for galactic travel indeed. :eng101:

I'm pretty sure that people can't jump to one of your gateways if you don't have open borders to them (or are, say, at war)?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Magil Zeal posted:

2.0.2 changed the Tradition cost penalty to 1%, not the research cost penalty.

Was research cost also scaling multiplicatively in 2.0 unintendedly, or was that just a problem for Unity?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Magil Zeal posted:

It's a fleet I have anyway for other purposes. It's not like I just never build ships, and pirates are going to appear at most points in the game anyway. I don't have the influence to claim literally every system even if I wanted to early on (I should want to, but I don't, which is part of the problem).

Why should you want to? I mean, it's clear that you DO want to, but I think a lot of the design intent that went into 2.0 was that you should not, in fact, want to claim literally every system. Or at least, that doing so is a choice you should make that is interesting and has tradeoffs, rather than "of course you should claim all the space you physically can".

You really hate the tradeoffs on offer, obviously, but do you agree that some tradeoff should exist? Because if not I think you're never going to be happy with this game. Paradox has a long history of using tech penalties as one (of many) ways to make less populous or physically smaller players at least SOMEWHAT viable against larger ones, rather than letting the blobs snowball. Stellaris has a symmetrical start unlike EU or CK, but I think that concept is still valuable and honestly, it's unlikely to go away anytime soon no matter how much you hate it.

I agree that a lot of the complaining about pirates is really overwrought though (you should have multiple fleets covering several regions anyway, pirates do scale but they cap out at 4-5k, and they're basically a few free resources and free XP for your admirals and ships).

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 2, 2018

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Magil Zeal posted:

Again, because if you don't want to, then what's the point of it being there? To trap you into maybe making a bad choice?

The key issue, I think, is where you say "doing so is a choice you should make that is interesting and has tradeoffs". The problem is, there is no interesting choice. There is no trade-off. It's just mathematically bad to claim the system. If, as I proposed, the system started off hurting you but got better down the line, then there would be interesting choice, about whether or not you can afford to invest in something that will only pay off in the long-term. And about which systems you want to shoot for first. But that's not how it works now.

See, this isn't true though? Or maybe you think it's true because you highly prioritise research. But maybe the net research/unity cost is worth it for the strategic value of the space, or the minerals, or for pretty borders, or because pirates annoy you that much. Or maybe none of those are enough and you leave it alone as a buffer zone, expand in a different direction, or focus on building up the space you have. These are choices that each player will make differently based on their goals.

But space is big! Or it should be. The idea that absolutely none of it should ever be more trouble than it's worth is really, really weird to me. I do agree that there should be SOME way to improve on uncolonized stars (whether it's tech to improve station yields or resource improvements on outposts or something along those lines). But I still think that there should be a cost or penalty to expansion, because something needs to rein in the usual 4X snowball.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

ulmont posted:

If you hit 100 WE the other side can force you into a status quo peace.

Isn't that part also removed in the latest beta patch? You just take some pretty nasty penalties until you decide to make peace (whichever way you are able to).

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

Did 2.0 break empire generation? Three games in a row now, 90% of all normal AI empires are one of three personality types: Hegemonic Imperialists, Honorbound Warriors, and Slaving Despots.

This (1) makes the game safe, predictable, and boring; and (2) makes it impossible to form a federation, as all three personalities have heavy maluses to joining one.

There was a bug with AI personality weights in 2.0, it's supposedly fixed in the 2.0.2 beta.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Beta patch chat: I wish there was a Marauder Aggression Level slider. I know some people didn't like it when Marauders wrecked your empire on the way to their actual target, but I thought that was cool. They seem a lot less deadly to me this way.

I think that all they needed to do was make it so Marauders were neutral to empires that had paid their tribute or whatever. Them blowing everything up in their path was cool, them blowing everything up in their path with no way for anyone in their path to get them to stop was somewhat less cool.

quote:

So far the patch is great, minus unity feeling a bit too fast.

Apparently that's a bug where the game isn't applying the added cost from colonies properly, so it'll probably be fixed by the next beta patch.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

Do namelists disable achievements? I can't find a definitive answer for this version. All the posts I can find about it are from a year ago

They still disable achievements.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Staltran posted:

I think you need the huge/large/medium/tiny.txt files in... setup_scenarios? Something like that? I think that worked for me. Phoneposting so I can’t check.

That's exactly what you do, yeah: change "num_hyperlanes" in those .txt files in map/setup_scenarios.

I threw up a quick-and-dirty Workshop mod for it, and then found that there are actually a couple of other mods playing much more clever tricks with the hyperlane generation defines too. (do a search for "density" on the workshop).

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Sylink posted:

Is there any mechanism in game to quickly cycle through the surface screens of planets so I can go upgrade them all etc without zooming in and out of the system view ?

Aside from the outliner and F5 screen, you can ctrl-# planets (or ships) and then select them later with #. That's probably the fastest way, honestly, but of course there's a limited number of groups you can assign.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Conot posted:

Inward Perfectionists seem to be unable to demand tribute via diplomacy, even though this is listed as the one exception to their isolationism.

I'm guessing they can probably only do it via war goals, but I couldn't confirm because none of my neighbours hated me enough to actually war on me.

Anyone else run into this?

Yeah, I've seen this. Inward Perfection USED to suffer from a side effect of the same bug that meant that machine empires couldn't demand tribute (because it required the OG domination tradition, and anyone with a cosmetically-or-mechanically swapped version didn't qualify), but when they fixed that they actually included a specific "not Inward Perfection" requirement on the demand tribute action, where there wasn't one before. So, while I'd LIKE to think it was just a mistake, honestly it probably is intentional.

Inward Perfection can still HAVE tributaries, by all appearances, but the tributaries themselves have to request it. As a, um, bonus, this means that IP empires can't gain the subjugation CB on anyone, so one fewer way to get in an aggressive war as IP. Which is probably why they did it.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

Does planet cleansing still exist? That poo poo was real real useful.

The Cleanse Planet wargoal is gone, alas. What happens when you lose a war to an isolationist FE? I imagine something like that wargoal/CB could be modded to be accessible to normal empires, I just need to figure out how.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I saw some people with screen shots where they actually got a little warning at the top of their screen when pirate risk was about to blow up. I've never gotten this on the beta. Do I need to adjust message options? I'd love a warning so I could get my fleet moving in advance.

If you're using the 1080p UI mod, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been updated to include that yet so it won't show up.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Magil Zeal posted:

It's a legitimate question, though. I am wondering if there's something I'm missing in the options for species rights. Is there a way to set undesirables for this species in particular without changing my default species rights?

There is supposed to be. The fact that it's not working properly is probably a bug. (I don't have any experience with selectively setting species rights because I tend to play monospecies empires). You might have better luck fixing it by posting a bug report on the Paradox forums - we have two devs posting here but a lot more not-devs who have neither the knowledge (nor the temperament, because, dude, you've been kind of an Eeyore since 2.0 dropped and it does get wearing) to answer that question.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Aerdan posted:

Reworked Planetary Diversity merged PD and Reworked Planets, which puts the planets on two axes (temperature vertically, humidity horizontally) and expands habitability (this was back before the habitability revamp).

I came here this morning to post this, because yeah it's kind of an awesome concept and I'd hate to see it die - I think the two together are better than either alone, because all the extra planet types in PD feel weird placed on one axis in terms of habitability ratings (that said, it looks like the new update of PD is different than I remember it), and the two axes in RP feel overwrought for the nine planet types in the base game.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 12, 2018

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

man I was promised 2.0 got rid of the doomstacks but it's still a game about compiling the largest doomstack :sigh:

at least ship design was rebalanced so whoever has the higher fleet score doesn't just automatically win. Is there a point to having a power surplus in a ship now? After the patch I'm cruisers in the midgame and still using fission + a reactor booster because any of the higher tier power plants are ridiculously, ridiculously in excess of what I can design a ship to take, and it just seem like a waste of resources.

Excess power still gives extra evasion. I don't understand the formula well enough to know if it's worth designing for, or whether it's a good enough tradeoff for the extra cost that overpowering gives you.

Also, "2.0 was supposed to get rid of doomstacks" feels like a misunderstanding of what was said or intended. There is no sense in which any strategic game can ever avoid being about the ability, through economics, logistics, and/or geography, to concentrate the largest (or most effective) possible force in the right place at the right time - that is, to build the largest doomstack.

What 2.0 wanted to do was make it so a) the biggest fleet power number did not always win the Decisive Battle, and b) wars are not always about One Decisive Battle, because there are multiple "right places" and not always enough time to get between them with one doomstack, and the fleets that lose battles can possibly withdraw in good enough order that the loss is not disastrous.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

Only claimed systems, though. That's an important note. Unclaimed systems revert to the original owner.

You keep everything only if you are a fanatic purifier or other total war civ type who cannot make claims.

Or if you are fighting such a civ (purifiers, awakened empires, empires that have a Colossus) using a Containment/End Threat CB.

But yes, in a normal war of conquest status quo peace is not the end of the world, and if it is you're fighting the war incorrectly. The point is to kill the fleet to allow you to accomplish your objectives, not necessarily for the sake of warscore. (WE in 2.0 is LIKE warscore but manifestly not the same thing.)

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Dirk Pitt posted:

So the khan came and went and wrecked havoc in my corner of the galaxy. I managed to be space Switzerland and avoid his wrath. I now have a Colossus, and this the total war CB. How in the world am I supposed to end a war at this point if I tick 100 exhaustion without totally destroying the empire I’m attacking? Does firing the world cracker amp up their exhaustion if I don’t feel like destroying them in one swoop?

Destroying planets doesn't seem to give THAT much war exhaustion, really, unfortunately.

On the other hand, status quo peace is still possible if you're using (or defending against) a total war CB. Total war just means claims aren't a thing, you keep every system and planet you take. So if you don't want to actually fight the war to the death, just get a status quo peace and then try again after the truce runs out.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Awakenings count as Endgame material in 2.0, and thus can't awaken before 2400 (unless you change the Endgame slider). Like 90% sure on that one.

I am 100% sure that Crisis events can't spawn before 50 years after the endgame time trigger (so 2450 by default). I'm not sure if awakenings count the same. They might.

I'm pretty sure they do count the same (but I'm at work and can't check the code). In my last game the Snailien Xenophobic FE didn't awaken until like 2455, even though I'd met the fleet power conditions for decades before (and in fact their awakening only slightly delayed the plan I already had to murder them for their Dark Matter tech.)

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is the Enigmatic Fortress still broken?

I read that it should be fixed for new games but the fix wasn't retroactive for saved games where it had already bugged out?

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 15, 2018

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Jazerus posted:

the only solution right now for the AI is to use glavius's AI mod and the enhanced AI mod. together they ensure that the AI builds (somewhat) sensibly, goes to war fairly often, and doesn't end up in an economic death spiral.

Wait, those two mods work together instead of just stepping on each other's toes? :wtc:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah I had two of those one right after the other to get to 5/6, and now I've been stuck there for almost 100 years haha

edit: I'm the supremo power in the galaxy though so I'll just headbutt my way to places that I have not explored yet.

In addition to what everyone else said, each precursor's anomalies only spawn within a specific region of the galaxy, so if you've found a few within an area and already surveyed most of that vicinity, surveying far-flung territory is unlikely to find the last one. You'll likely just have to hope for the various catchup events (private collector, other empire, random new find on a planet in your territory, possibly some others I've missed) to fire.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Is the AI food implosion thing fixed in any beta patch or mod I could download. Clicking around and I noticed about 1/3 of the dudes in the galaxy are forevereally starving and loving it.

Alternatively, grab this mod and starvation will actually start killing pops so things will actually balance out eventually.

(that said, one of the AI mods or a difficulty boost may also help the AI actually build enough farms)

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Crazyeyes24 posted:

After getting gate tech first thing I did was set up a network connected to my 2 big shipyards, but then fleets kept jumping away from their main station to refit/repair at the outskirts... so I ended up replacing all the single yards on the fronts with other stuff. With the gates it's only streamlined my starbase specializations.

There's a bug (or at least everyone assumes it's a bug) where gateway-linked shipyards break the distance calculation such that fleets will always go back to one specific shipyard to refit, even if they're literally docked at another one already (and that other one would be much better because it has more slipways).

quote:

I do have a question though, say you have 2 claims on an enemy, both are colonized systems and they are the ONLY colonized systems they have. If you fight a war of conquest and win, will you get all their owned but uncolonized systems as well? Or will they revert to unclaimed?

This isn't documented, so this is just coming from my experience:

If you take all their colonies in war resolution but they're the only colonies they have, the rest of their systems will go unclaimed.

If they're eliminated in some other way while your war is still active (say, they lose all their colonies to someone else's peace deal, or a colossus, or to orbital bombardment), then you'll gain all the systems you had occupied when that happened.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Barent posted:

So the AI is just borked in latest beta patch? I’m Superior in every respect to every other non-FE empire without really trying and i am definitely not that good at this game. Playing on Ensign

Ensign is not equivalent to old Normal (apparently, that's Captain?). The difficulty rework is basically a response to the nerd rage about finding out that the AI on Normal got undocumented bonuses in order to compete with players - turns out a genuinely baseline difficulty is actually extremely easy for a competent player.

(side note, I find it grimly amusing that there are two separate popular mods devoted to overhauling the AI for this game and, despite what you might think, they're actually compatible because 95% of their changes do not overlap at all).

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

I know one of those is Glavious', what's the other?

Enhanced AI. I read here about people using it alongside Glavius', and I thought "wait, surely they aren't compatible" but no, they are, and Glavius went and wrote a detailed explainer as to why they work together in the discussions on his workshop page.

tl;dr: they actually change almost completely different things except for some of the defines.

I really wish the new difficulties were described in the game's UI or something because if I didnt read the forums I would have no idea what in the world was going on.

I remember seeing a tooltip that described the new difficulties but I can't for the life of me recall where the trigger for it is. Maybe over the words Game Difficulty rather than the name of the difficulty level?

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 20, 2018

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

I have run into a bug where my last Discovery tradition is missing. The icon for it is not there but hovering shows the tooltip. Is there a way to fix this?

Are you using the 1080p UI overhaul or another mod that adds traditions? If so, they haven't been updated for the tradition changes in the beta patch (since it's beta) - for the 1080p overhaul, install this fix patch: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1324750056&searchtext=beta+1080p.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Yeah, even though Planetary Survey Corps is gone the fact that anomaly chance is really only useful at the start means that Discovery is basically the perfect opening tree unless you're trying some sort of rush strategy.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Does anyone know if that new beta patch update dropped? I cannot trade with the merchant guilds for food yet.

The beta update hasn't dropped yet. Hopefully it does tomorrow?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Sloober posted:

Habitats don't count towards the megastructure building cap so you are free to spam out habitats as you build ringworlds

Demiurge4 posted:

200 influence for an 8 tile habitat. 300 influence for a 100 tile ringworld in 4 segments :thunk:

I'm not sure where people who talk like this about deciding between habitats and ringworlds (and today's nerf) are getting all their minerals, because Christ, if you're in a game state where non-influence resources matter so little why do you even care about the balance just build whatever makes you happy?

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 26, 2018

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I think the point with biological ascension is that you have no reason to not put it on one of your species, you should really be running lots of them for different planet types and different functions.

That said, ideally the devs would do something like what the Xenology mod does, and enable such thematic leader traits for SEVERAL of the advanced bio-mod traits, not just Erudite.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

McSpanky posted:

I remember before Cherryh that science ships had a "science package" slot or somesuch, was anything done with that or was it some kind of placeholder that got discarded when support ship design became completely automated?

There were a couple of special modules you could research if you were in contact with Curators, but they mostly just tweaked bonuses rather than changing anything drastic (and when 2.0 automated support ship design they were removed and/or changed to global modifiers).

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Fuligin posted:

Anyone know if the crisis can strike while the war in heaven is still going on? I've been all but destroyed, and I'm trying to decide whether to observe the last few years or not.

Nothing in the crisis event scripting says it can't, so....

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Arrath posted:

Yeah most likely this. I've seen it happen in some of my games. Funny enough, thanks to some quirk of the WE system the FE kept having to peace out and suffer humiliation :v:

As I understand it, there's actually a weird text bug that means that even when the FE wins a war, the info on the humiliation effect will say the FE is being humiliated, not the target.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

I've heard that the boost to maintenance costs in 2.0 has really hurt AEs because they start with more of a fleet than they can afford to maintain, so they disband a lot, and then they aren't as overwhelmingly able to crush their neighbours (even now with the CBs working) as before so they don't expand as easily.