Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Alright, Nomads have turned up, flown to a star in a neighbouring empire and sat there. I can't contact them and there's no project to research, seems like they are totally broken. Anyone got any advice or could tell me the console commands to fire off the contact event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
There should be an acheivement for running into Despicable Neutrals. Finally found some!

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Asking again if anyone knows what the console commands to get a nomad fleet to start talking are, since the last post kinda got swallowed. This is the first time I've ever seen one and it's just been sat in a neighbouring empires space for something like 20 years and I can't contact it or anything.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Anyone else have issues with refugee's? got a pop-up saying a fleet had arrived and when I went to check the world they landed on to see what I'd got there was nothing there. Checking the species list for my empire doesn't show anybody new either.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Hey Wiz, bit of a bug with building federation Titans. You start building it when you are federation president and if your term elapses before the Titan is done it still counts as being a federation ship while also counting as one of your own and the game doesn't much like this.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Anyone know what happened to the LEX Mod? seems like it vanished from the workshop, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was down to be fixed and updated or down because Wiz spitefully destroyed everything good in the game forever and deleting the mod was the only recourse?

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Right, is there a new button I need to click to order my fleet to bombard a planet? used to be you could just click on the enemy world and they'd go bomb it. It's a world the space mongols have captured though, so I kinda think that because I'm not officially at war it's a bug.

Oh, if any of the Paradox guys read this, there's something screwy going on with the AI. One of my neighbours surrendered to the horde after getting trashed. I beat the horde back and toggled over to check on them since they weren't doing anything. For whatever reason two of their three constructors could not build anything, ever, even when I consoled in 10k of energy and minerals and influence. It just kept telling me there were no resources. The third constructor was working fine and I could send that to rebuild their stations with no issues. Only thing I could think of that was different was the two broken ones were sat in a system with a space mongol garrison fleet next to them.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Hey Wiz, the AI science ships seem to bug out when they try to explore wormholes. Got two from two different empires stuck in my systems, they start the mission, cancel instantly and then start it again over and over and over. Sodding annoying 'cos if I'm in that system all I get is the engine starting WHOOSH noise over and over and over and over.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Things that are fun: getting the Dragonscale armor for the very first time only to discover that it's literally identically to Crystal Forged Plating.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

binge crotching posted:

It's entirely different. Dragon armor adds armor, the crystal plate adds hull. Armor is better than hull, since no weapons are crappy against hull, but tons of weapons do bonus damage to it.

Well poo poo, I did not notice that and now I feel like an idiot. Probably a sign I've been playing too long today.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Before the beta: 218 months to next tradition pick.

After the beta: instantly get seven picks and the time goes down to 12 months.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Thyrork posted:

Huh. Found Sol in a pre-atomic era and... pre-sapients?

I don't remember this paradox game.

Alternate reality. Clearly those are what the dinosaurs evolved into when the meteor that was supposed to wipe them out was destroyed by a tiyanki pod.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Things that are awesome: having the single pop who migrated out of your empire centuries ago migrate back in, having been extensively gene modded by an AI who took the gene modding ascension perk and then realising this means you can now apply that template to your entire 216 pops! It's gotta be rare as hell to happen, but god dammit when it happens it's incredible. It's basically like having an extra 0.5 of an ascension perk.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

OwlFancier posted:

The dreadnought is great cos you can totally gank it with like 10k worth of torpedo corvettes.

You could, but why bother? they probably cost more than you get for scrapping it, and the thing is slower than a brick rolling up a hill.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Question: What happens to an empire's systems if you take all of their planets?

Why yes, yes you are welcome. Please settle in and take as much time as you need to acclimate.

From the Sol System, right? these guys were the all stars of the very first game of Stellaris I ever played.

I was messing about with an ultra friendly super sciencey race and I found the Sol tomb world on the other side of the galaxy and those guys were on it, so I built an outpost and uplifted them. And then some fanatic purifiers blindsided me and conquered basically every one of my original planets, leaving me with a tomb world full of uplifted bugs.

As emergent stories go, it was pretty awesome. A bunch of only just raised to sentience bugs left alone after their uplifters just vanish one day. They had the prole trait, so they were awful at science, but awesome at building, so they build a fleet and go flying back towards where their buddies are. There's a slaver empire in the way though, so they have to smash through them by flying fleet after fleet after fleet of crappy ships, till the slavers are just overwhelmed. Maybe the slavers are the reason the uplifters vanished? the slavers get purged, just in case. So does a despotic empire and a one planet sized purifier civilisation who picked the worst time to make the trip to the stars.

Finally the Roachoids make it back to the uplifters home system, obliterating the original fanatic purifiers fleet in a battle where the purifiers are outnumbered five to one and the planet is liberated! The Roachoids finally get to meet their uplifters face to face, all two of the pops that hadn't been purged yet. The Roachoids mass migrate to their new homeworld to guard their uplifters.

Of course, by this point the threat they've built up means that all the neighbouring races are starting to build up, so it was time or the Roachoids to rally their own fleets again...

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Does the Tomb World Vault event only have two outcomes now? I've gone through the entire event like 30 times (Save scumming mostly) and it's either the 'everyone dead' or the 'welcome to a bugged out world conquered by mutants that is glitched to hell' ending. I've got a save with the 'open the vault/ignore it forever' pop up, and from a few seconds before the vault opens and it's always the bad endings either way.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Alright, can someone explain how to make resort planets useful in any way, shape or form? you can't build any districts on them, meaning you never have enough housing or jobs because you can only build buildings, which need an increasingly high population which you don't get because people leave due to no houses and no jobs meaning you can't build anything there.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
How do I make synths now? I have the required techs researched, including the synth leader one, as well as a robot plant, but all I can seem to churn out are the crappy basic robots.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
So, I took the hybridisation ascension perk, and then took all the genetic engineering perks figuring I could make a multispecies wonderland free of disease/negative perks. Instead it turns out I'm a nightmarish monster who has ended up running a galaxy wide breeding program. I currently have a race with limited regeneration, very strong, erudite, robust, survivor, psionic, cybernetic, enduring and resilient, with the tomb world planet preference. I will say that I now have a massive grudge against whoever decided I could only mod on species at a time though.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Anyone have any info on the Stellaris tabletop game that was announced?

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Alright, is the fund galactic market event broken or what? I've run two games in a row where my capital has had trade in the 200 range, I've used the decision to make it a better location twice, and both times it's still gone to an alien home system with trade in the sub 40 range.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Ugh, why are paradox such a massive bunch of space racists? I just wanna have this machine consciousness join my empire but noooooooo, it's one person in a bunch of bodies so it has to be murdered.

(Pretty sure every other time I play Stellaris ends with me coming in here to complain about this.)

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Really, really starting to wonder if the broken shackles run is geared towards screwing the msi over. First game they end up stuck in a tiny little chunk of the map by a friendly hive mind who beats them up if they so much as look at my space empire funny. Second game they manage to luck into a modded event that gives them a ship called The Daughter of the Void. it's got 1200 fleet power but killing it is a bloody nuisance. Turns out it's a prethoryn ship and when I kill it I get the research options for scourge missiles and swarm strikers. Endgame tech like 70 years into the game throws balance right out the window. Don't know what they did the third time I tried, but a fallen empire wiped them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Noir89 posted:

Would anyone be interested in a mod that just allows slaves and non-free robots to automigrate like normal pops? I made one since it annoyed the gently caress out of me that such a good QoL feature is disabled for gameplay reasons.

Asking since I used the same mod to try and teach the AI about pop controls and still testing that, but I can break them apart and upload the automigrate to the workshop if there is any interest.

If you made it so you could assimilate hive minds and machine consciousness into your empire without genocide as well I'd make a shrine to you.