Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

flerp posted:

snail im little confused, looking back at the claim

so you visited me (as in, you tried to doc me), got a result saying the doc was successful, and then saw me kill with the trident

but in this, you saw tmm perform the kill n1, but tmm was loud which was why you saw him perform the kill. so that means you just have a regular doc and youve never seen anybody else visit anybody?

yes, that's exactly correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

flerp posted:

i mean the other possibility is that ecco legit lied to us and said, well, one scum can survive, but that's not actually the case

there's a lot of weird poo poo going on in this game with a flipped cult cop but no cult and submarine minigames and time sensitive item drops

do you there is no chance scum had no way of gaining a boon of some kind to skirt under detection?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I saw tmm visit max after going to max's house the night max died

I am aware that flerp is scum after seeing flerp skewer someone with a trident and burn their corpse when I went to flerp's house

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

sentimental snail posted:

there's a lot of weird poo poo going on in this game with a flipped cult cop but no cult and submarine minigames and time sensitive item drops

do you there is no chance scum had no way of gaining a boon of some kind to skirt under detection?

i mean i think there's a difference between having a cult cop with no cult and having the mod basically lie to us

i think there have been methods for them to hide, in particular the items. i mean, sal claimed to have given the ruby to clord when he died.

and i mean i feel like this is rly weird because like, i dont know why visiting me would let you see me kill birb where its like im a reverse loud killer?

i think the trident is doing some weird fuckery where it's like a jekyll type thing where i unknowingly kill somebody and then tells anyone visiting me that i did the kill. but i mean that sounds absolute insane but its the only thing i can think of that explains what happens

well unless youre lying of course

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it's not all that insane sounding

dunno I got a message about flerp though. my best guess rn is the trident and the glowing

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
maybe the trident makes you the cult while you're holding it, and also, you're aware of it, or maybe not

but in the end, the bad thing is in your hand either way

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

flerp, can you throw the trident away or something?

And we still have scum among us, last night there were two kills. Taking all in consideration, I think Hal is scum and the jewels and the trident account for the weird stuff. It's the simplest explanation that doesn't assume multiple people lied or were misled. Again, snail's claim is so out there that it's hard to disbelieve.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

LupusAter posted:

And we still have scum among us, last night there were two kills. Taking all in consideration, I think Hal is scum and the jewels and the trident account for the weird stuff. It's the simplest explanation that doesn't assume multiple people lied or were misled. Again, snail's claim is so out there that it's hard to disbelieve.

Yes I agree with all this except substitute Lupus for Hal

I don't know that I buy flerp having no idea what's going on though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess the other possibility is that flerp can kill 2 people every night but that seems even more unlikely than all the other unlikely poo poo people are saying in this game

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

LupusAter posted:

the options i had initially was do nothing, give it to somebody else, or use it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

the options i had initially was do nothing, give it to somebody else, or use it.

But now you have no control?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

But now you have no control?

im not rly sure since i didnt try or ask, but i think i can still do the same things. i havent been given any new actions, at least

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

im not rly sure since i didnt try or ask, but i think i can still do the same things. i havent been given any new actions, at least

oh ok your post made it sound like you just didn't have options now

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

flerp posted:

##grab emerald

You have acquired an EMERALD. You may use it at night in lieu of other actions. You may pass it on to another player as well.

Hooray!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m going to be in and out all weekend, I think we need to kill known killer flerp and if the game isn’t over after that we hope that the doc makes the right choice and we have a tomorrow.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m going to be in and out all weekend, I think we need to kill known killer flerp and if the game isn’t over after that we hope that the doc makes the right choice and we have a tomorrow.

yes the doc who has claimed he cant target himself

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

yes the doc who has claimed he cant target himself

well hopefully he was lying about that!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well no new revelations here so ##vote flerp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote hal

i think ive ultimately said everything that i can. i havent lied, explained everything that i could, and have been playing for town the whole time, at least, to the best of my knowledge. i hope my posting really does show that ive been town. i think hal got super lucky that snail got the result he did on me and has pushed that because that's the easiest thing to do for his win.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

##vote hal

i think ive ultimately said everything that i can. i havent lied, explained everything that i could, and have been playing for town the whole time, at least, to the best of my knowledge. i hope my posting really does show that ive been town. i think hal got super lucky that snail got the result he did on me and has pushed that because that's the easiest thing to do for his win.

Frankly I don’t think I’m even pushing you that hard, I’ve been pretty transparent about thinking out what the possibilities are and what options we have here. Like there have been two kills a night the last two nights, one of which you were seen doing. I thought going into today that Lupus was scum and he must have been handing poo poo out but now the only thing that proven to have been handed out is that emerald so I dunno what to think about any of that so far. Seems like Sal lied about all his stuff.

I feel my posting this game has been as townie as yours fwiw

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean it kind of sucks since like half of my post history is hidden away in the sub as well

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
if town loses this game because of dumb trident bullshit then im gonna be a lil salty ngl

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

if town loses this game because of dumb trident bullshit then im gonna be a lil salty ngl

If you would stop tridenting people we could just no cuddle here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

i mean it kind of sucks since like half of my post history is hidden away in the sub as well

At least you were in the cool kids sub game.

You do seem to have been more invested in posting during this game than usual though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

You do seem to have been more invested in posting during this game than usual though.

I honestly don’t know if that’s any sort of tell for you actually, but I like it

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

If you would stop tridenting people we could just no cuddle here

i mean i can but with what's been happening i have no clue if that would stop kills

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

:shrug: its more of a natural effect of being in a game for a while

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Hmm, I'll follow my reasoning to the end and vote for the person I think is scum. ##vote Hal

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh no, what has been happening in this thread

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

LupusAter posted:

in the event there are two killers, hal or you as scum and flerp since gaining the trident seems to fit pretty well to me

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 6 Votecount :c:

Hal Incandenza (2): flerp, LupusAter
flerp (2): sentimental snail, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (0):

:h: With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 26th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in slightly less than one day.

:siren:
This deadline is floating as I will likely be out and about, but it's also hard - I won't be modding this game after 2AM EDT.

At this point, no-hang is no longer an option.

If it gets to be 2AM EDT and nobody has the required number of votes, I'll RNG the winner. :twisted:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well I haven’t seen that before!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh no, the algorithm

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

oh no, the algorithm

just kidding, maths are immoral
##unvote
##vote hal

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:redhammer:

:ohdear:

:f5:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:toot:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The town was at a standstill. Could it be Hal, who seemed generally shifty? Or could it be flerp, whom snail had seen committing a murder with his own eyes? They debated, they stared each other down, but eventually there was unanimity - snail admitted maybe his eyes had played tricks on him, and voted with the others to condemn Hal.
The shift was so sudden though, so quick, that Hal hardly had time to respond. In seconds he was trapped in the airlock, a thirty-second countdown marking his doom. He tried to escape, of course. At first he impotently banged on the glass and cursed his accusers, but in the final ten seconds, he let loose. His eyes turned black as midnight. His tongue, which had gained a serpentine quality, slithered from his lips. His arms arched back, and the opening sparks of a truly awesome fireball began forming at his fingertips. He summoned up every ounce of strength he had within him, every last bit of the power endowed upon him by the mysterious black ooze, creating a fireball so bright and so blue that it ---

-- and there went the airlock. Water flooded the chamber, his fireball sizzled into steam, and soon Hal's body was crushed by the extreme pressure, ending his meta-life once and for all.

:s: Hal Incandenza, Senhir, Magick Horror (scum-aligned inventor), was executed day 6. :s:

In the coming days, the kills stopped. The three remaining members of the original diplomatic entourage - flerp, snail, and lupus - all explained to the city authorities what had happened. Their stories were corroborated by the security scries posted throughout the moot chambers. Once the horrors were eliminated, the commonality between the infected became clear: they were all from the distant village of Ono Pak. The city constables sent a team to Ono Pak to further investigate what happened, but they found the village completely destroyed. The protective domes were shattered, the villagers all drowned or butchered. Even looking past how most of the corpses had been picked apart by fish, there were still tell-tale markings indicating many had been stabbed and ripped apart by hooks, tridents, and harpoons.

No records in Ono Pak survived the attack. Eventually, with no new information as to the origin of the monsters who killed the Ma'jaruna and so many others, the case was shelved, and those awful six days under siege became a story, then a legend, and then, after a few centuries, a myth.

Oh, and as for the cultists? They never did turn up. The constables concluded they must never have existed in the first place, and were the fabrication of a mad mind. Today, well, you know what the Uruchi say:

"Cultism is just a red herring."

🐟

All SCUM-ALIGNED players have been eliminated.

All TOWN-ALIGNED players have won.

THE GAME IS OVER! TOWN VICTORY

##destroy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Grieving of Gaqqu

A Game for 21 players

GIMMICK: 7 players are split off from the main game halfway through Day 1 to play a private game of mafia via googledocs/discord/whatever, probably done by lots. Those players are removed from the game and cannot post until their game is resolved. The googledoc is not revealed to the other players and it's only on the returning players' word as to who won it. Returning players are brought back at the end of the game day (protecting them from being executed but can be nightkilled).
------ The nature of the game will depend on how many scum vs. town are slotted in.

- 5 Mafia
--- 1 Bus Driver (targets are NOT told they switched)
--- 1 Loud Juggernaut (second nightkill; it's unstoppable but everyone else who targets the victim is told "Juggernaut also targeted Player")
--- 1 Inventor (has four items: a large orange Conch shell that does nothing; a Trident that tells everyone who targets them at night "X is scum, also!"; a large blue Pearl which makes the holder BP but hated; and of course the EMERALD OF AGES which kills the user. all items are ambiguous about their effect, replace any other night actions the person might have, can be freely transferred at night, and can be ##PICKED UP by others upon the holder's death)
--- 2 Goons

- 16 Town
--- 1 Cop
--- 1 Doc
--- 1 Tracker
--- 1 Roleblocker
--- 1 Doublevoter (can dole out both their votes to others)
--- 1 Cult Cop (investigates to see if people are CULT or NOT CULT. There is no cult; junk role)
--- 1 Hider Thief (hides in the same room as other players, steals their items if any, and also IDENTIFIES their function)
--- 9 Vanilla

=======================

Player List:

1) IllegallySober - Iwaka - Rogue Horror (scum-aligned busdriver)
2) TMMadman - Pisok - Fighting Horror (scum-aligned loud juggernaut)
3) Hal Incandenza - Senhir - Magick Horror (scum-aligned inventor)
4) SalTheBard - Nagapu - Horror (scum-aligned goon)
5) B-Minus1 - Niol'on - Horror (scum-aligned goon)

6) bowmore King Burgundy - Gahoku - Master of Ceremonies (town-aligned cop)
7) sentimental snail - Pobisu'a - Cleric (town-aligned doctor)
8) Atomic Soda - Gapa Punic - Captain (town-aligned tracker)
9) Mr. F - Kelis - Guard (town-aligned roleblocker)
10) LupusAter - Kapuan - Courtesan (town-aligned double-voter)
11) bottleknight - Ui'afol - Inquisitor (town-aligned cult cop)
12) chaoslord - Anui'anu - Urchin (town-aligned hider)
13) Monathin - Mandu - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
14) Deadbead Dad - Loau - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
15) Moatillata - Hibes - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
16) Murmur Twin - Kirikaw - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
17) flerp - Bafoa - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
18) Gridlocked - Honaleis - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
19) Dick Bastardly - Tupoua - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
20) Birdstrike - Kumule - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
21) Max - Ino - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)

=======================

Night Actions:

----------------------------

7 players removed for Submarine Adventure (chaoslord, b-minus1, Moatillata, Monathin, Gridlocked, MMT, and flerp)

https://discord.gg/k7PmpTE

SUB DAY 1:
Sub executes Gridlocked

SUB NIGHT 1:
chaos hides behind bminus
bminus kills Moat

SUB DAY 2:
Sub executed b-minus1

Presses WHITE then RED then GREEN buttons. Victory!

-----------------------------

MAIN GAME:

Day 1:
Town executes IllegallySober

Night 1:
TMM kills Max
Hal gives out EMERALD to DB
Sal kills KB
KB investigates Hal (TOWN, dies)
Snail protects Max (SUCCEEDS, but TMM busts through it. Snail told "you saw TMM")
Soda tracks TMM (FAILS, roleblocked)
Mags blocks Soda
BK cultvestigates TMM (NOT CULT)

Day 2:
Town executes Magnus (lol)

Night 2:
TMM kills MMT
Hal gives out TRIDENT to flerp
Sal kills chaos
Snail protects DBD
Soda tracks Sal
BK cultvestigates Bird (NOT CULT)

Day 3:
Town executes TMM

Night 3:
Hal killls Monathin
Snail protects Soda
Soda tracks BK
BK cultvestigates Monathin (NOT CULT)
flerp uses TRIDENT

Day 4:
Town executes BK

Night 4:
Hal gives out CONCH to Sal
Sal kills Soda
Snail protects DBD
Soda tracks Snail
flerp uses TRIDENT
DB uses EMERALD

Day 5:
Birdstrike acquires EMERALD
Town executes Sal

Night 5:
Hal gives out
Snail protects flerp
Birdstrike uses EMERALD
flerp uses TRIDENT

Day 6:
Town executes Hal

GAME OVER

TOWN VICTORY

======================

Role PMs:

IllegallySober - Iwaka - Rogue Horror (scum-aligned busdriver)
There are secrets under the water. Deep in the earth, there are agless secrets, secrets older than you, older than the Uruchi, older than the oceans themselves. These secrets have consumed you, you are now one with them, and now your life is clearer than its ever been.
You were part of a mining expedition from the village of Ono Pak, exploring a deep ridge for ore veins, when you all discovered something strange. It looked like a metal vessel, but older, much older than anything you've ever seen before, and it was
huge. It was covered in dirt and worms, and ripped in half, like a piece of seaweed paper. Your team agreed that it was worth investigating immediately, in case there were treasures on board.
The insides were in worse shape than the outside. It was clearly man-made; it had doorways that were square and roughly human sized, though many were inaccessible due to collapses and rockslides; it even had what were probably in another time a form of "window." Unfortunately it didn't seem to have anything in the way of salvageable cargo, except a metal crate covered in barnacles and protected by an uptight octopus. A harpoon later the crate was yours; you took it back to your mining ship for closer inspection, hoping it'd contain a prize justifying your frolic into submarine spelunking.
It was a simple metal box. It had wild scratches around the edges, as if clawed at by a beast. It was extremely heavy, and smelled foul in ways that most things dredged from the bottom of the sea do. There didn't seem to be an obvious way to open it, until Pisok found a small indentation that turned out to be a button. He pressed it, obviously, and the box opened by its own power. Inside were metal sheets holding dozens and dozens of vials, like the kind you use to hold potions and reagents, but these had something black and oozing inside. "Oil?" your captain asked. You shrugged.
Iwaka, your navigator, decided to shake one of them, and accidentally let it slip from his hands. It shattered onto the ground, spilling its contents onto the floor. But then the strangest thing happened - the goo seemed to... move. First it collected into a small sphere, then it rolled erratically until it bumped into Pisok's foot. Then the ball disappeared, as if the boot of Pisok's watersuit absorbed it. Pisok then collapsed. He started to scream in pain but was silenced by his violent convulsing. You tried to sedate him with a sleeping spell, but it had no effect; you had to stand there and watch as your friend writhed in agony.
Then, as quickly as it started, it stopped. "Pisok," you asked, "are you okay?"
In a low voice, as if coming from his chest, he replied, "never better."
He then got up in a flash, grabbed handfuls of the vials of goo, and threw them all onto the ground, shattering them. The goo traveled to and fro, capturing everyone in the crew, including you. As you felt yourself collapse your mind went blank. Your body moaned involuntarily; you, the you that makes you you, were far away, somewhere else. Soon, even your thoughts faded away, your memories and feelings disappearing, crumbling into dust and blowing away. Every ounce inside of you began to scream out with only one desire: a belief that all life must become like you, like the you that you are becoming: Better. Stronger. Deeper. You felt a connection to something powerful, a force beyond nature, beyond maybe even time itself. And He wants more.
You went back to Ono Pak with your converted team. You wasted the rest of the vials converting the village, joining them into your new mind. But there was not enough for all the Uruchi.
This is what brought you to the Moot of the Fifteenth Year of the Reign of Ma'jaruna Ibis IV. If you could kill the leaders and representatives for each of the villages you can prevent any sort of unified resistance. Then, cut off from the rest of the Domain, you could destroy each of the villages one by one, eliminating the offense they bring to your Master.
You rigged the city to blow. You've killed the Ma'jaruna. Now you just need to finish the work. For His Abyssal Reign, Eternal.

You are mafia! You seek to eliminate every living creature that isn't part of some Eldritch horror, and as such, win when only scum-aligned players are alive. Your team consists of: IllegallySober (Iwaka); TMMadman (Pisok); Hal Incandenza (Senhir); SalTheBard (Nagapu); and b-minus1 (Niol'on). You are all confirmed to share the same alignment and may communicate freely OOT. You have a single collective nightkill that may be performed by any member of your team. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You also have the power of subterfuge. Your newfound magickal strength from your conversion has granted you strong magickal abilities with misdirection and deceit. During the night you may target any two players in the game and cast a spell over their doorways, causing anyone who goes through them to teleport to the other. That is, anyone who targets your first target that night will be redirected to your second target, and vice versa. The player will NOT be told that they targeted a different player.
You are a busdriver and you are scum-aligned.

Good luck!

TMMadman - Pisok - Fighting Horror (scum-aligned loud juggernaut)
<same flavor>
You are mafia! You seek to eliminate every living creature that isn't part of some Eldritch horror, and as such, win when only scum-aligned players are alive. Your team consists of: IllegallySober (Iwaka); TMMadman (Pisok); Hal Incandenza (Senhir); SalTheBard (Nagapu); and b-minus1 (Niol'on). You are all confirmed to share the same alignment and may communicate freely OOT. You have a single collective nightkill that may be performed by any member of your team. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
Additionally, you have been granted super strength by your conversion. If you perform the nightkill, nothing can stop you - you will break through attempts to roleblock or jail you, and you will destroy protection spells cast by doctors and bodyguards. However, you do this by making an awful ruckus. Anyone who also targets your victim at night will be told that you also targeted them. It will not reveal what you did, just some variation of "TMMadman was also here."
You are a loud juggernaut and you are scum-aligned.

Hal Incandenza - Senhir - Magick Horror (scum-aligned inventor)
<same flavor>
To assist your goals you have decided to harness powers over enchantments. You bestowed four ordinary submarine objects with powers that hurt their holder. During the night you may distribute one item to a player of your choice. The player will not know what the items will do. They then may choose to use the item in lieu of ordinary night actions (or in lieu of nothing at all for players without a night action). The items are:

- A short, brass TRIDENT, which, when used, casts an aura around the user that makes people believe they are evil just by looking at them. (Players who target the user will receive evil flavor, and a message from the mod: "In addition, you are certain that PLAYER is scum.")
- A giant blue PEARL, which, when used, makes the holder bulletproof, but also hated (one less vote is required to execute them).
- A brilliant green EMERALD. You're not sure what it does, to be honest; you found it before your conversion. But it's certainly something bad.
- A huge orange CONCH, that, when blown into, makes a moaning like a whale and gives a tingling sensation. This does nothing, but the user will not know that.

You have only one of each item.

You are an inventor and you are scum-aligned.

Good luck!

SalTheBard - Nagapu - Horror (scum-aligned goon)
B-Minus1 - Niol'on - Horror (scum-aligned goon)
<same flavor>
You have no other exceptional powers or abilities.
You are a goon and you are scum-aligned.

Good luck!

bowmore King Burgundy - Gahoku - Master of Ceremonies (town-aligned cop)
Everything is wrong. Nothing is the way it should be. This entire moot was your doing - you were in charge of all the logistics, making sure the diplomats were well-fed with steamed clams and seared porkfish and seacow pâté. You even had bottomless oyster wine, ground up by the finest bivalves in the Domain. You sent the invitations out, vetting all the guests, and promised them a good evening. But what was supposed to be a pleasant fête instead turned out to be a royal disaster. Literally! The Ma'jaruna is dead! Under your watch! That wasn't in the schedule, not at all. No, this will not do. Whomever ruined this party will pay dearly, very, very dearly.
You are a townie! You seek to discover the traitors in your midst and bring them to justice, and as such win when all scum players are removed from the game. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread freely.
You are also the Master of Ceremonies for the moot. You have detailed lists of everyone invited to the soirée, though obviously someone must have forged their credentials. During the night you may target a player in the game: you will investigate their rooms to see if they are who they claimed to be. You will be told if your targets are honest, sincere TOWNies, or filthy rotten regicidal SCUM. You are confirmed sane.
You are a cop and you are town-aligned.

sentimental snail - Pobisu'a - Cleric (town-aligned doctor)
Pain and suffering is abhorrent to your eyes. You are burdened with too much empathy; when you see someone in pain, clutching a gash on their arm, or rubbing their head to soothe a migraine, you can feel it all the same. A desire to lessen the pain around you (and in yourself) led you to medicine. You trained for over a decade, studying the art of white magicks, learning how to mend broken bones, soften sores, and even clear fatty clots from veins. You were so good that you were appointed to be the personal physician to the Ma'jaruna herself! Unfortunately, her untimely passing leaves you open for freelancing. Whomever killed her is likely still around, ready to kill again; you must do whatever you can to stop them.
You are a townie! You seek to discover the traitors in your midst and bring them to justice, and as such win when all scum players are removed from the game. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread freely.
Additionally you are a trained cleric, in the white magick school. During the night you may target a player in the game and cast a ward of protection over them; this will protect them from harm during the night.
You are a doctor and you are town-aligned.

Atomic Soda - Gapa Punic - Captain (town-aligned tracker)
Under the sea, like above it, being a Captain grants one great respect. But it comes with great responsibility - you must navigate trenches and currents with your craft, making sure to avoid invisible hazards only seen by your keen eyes. Everyone on your ship is under your care, and if you fail, you risk not just your own life, but theirs as well. It's good, then, that you are one of the best Gapas in the Domain. You were the personal driver for the Ma'jaruna, ensuring her safety as she traveled from Gaqqu. Unfortunately, she's dead, now, and there was nothing you could do to save her. Now you've decided to do what you know best - you'll take command over this ragtag crew, you'll find the scalawags among them, and shove them out an airlock.
You are also a skilled captain. You navigate ocean waters adeptly, and that translates to gifted tracking abilities in air. During the night you may target a player in the game and follow them; you will see where they go, if anywhere. However, you will not know what they wind up doing there, if anything.
You are a tracker and you are town-aligned.

Mr. F - Kelis - Guard (town-aligned roleblocker)
The world outside is chaos. The ocean currents rush this way and that, there are abyssal monsters that would happily gobble anyone up for supper, and even the slightest crack in a vessel can cause catastrophic depressurization, killing all inside. Within the glass walls of Gaqqu, there is order. You are a member of the City Guard; you ensure that the chaos outside the domes never enters this place of calm. Unfortunately, you seem to have failed: the Ma'jaruna is dead, and her killers still walk among you. Order can only exist at the price of punishment. And you're very ready to dole out some punishment.
You are also a member of the City Guard. You have keycard access to every room in Gaqqu, and can also lock the doors from the outside. During the night you may target a player in the game and lock their door. They will be unable to perform actions at night as a result.
You are a roleblocker and you are town-aligned.

LupusAter - Kapuan - Courtesan (town-aligned double-voter)
In the Uruchi religion, seven women are selected from among the tribes and sent to a temple complex in Gaqqu. There, for seven years, they perform holy rites, burn incense, pray, and give counsel to travelers who seek their wisdom. They also eat a special paste made from urchin venom that grants hallucinations, which are believed to be prophetic. These holy courtesans are the top of the religious hierarchy, and their prosperity is believed to ensure the prosperity of the entire Domain.
You are one such priestess. You were attending the moot to provide divine authority to the event, but the night before, you had a vision: You were underwater. You saw the tentacle of an octopus, wrapped around the neck of the Ma'jaruna, choking her. You saw the beast's eye open, and its iris glowed blood-red.
You warned your queen, but she didn't listen. At her folly! Now she is gone. You will not make the same mistake as her.

Additionally, you are a deeply respected member of the priestly class in Uruchi society. You wear around your neck two necklaces of alternating pearls and seashells; these holy objects grant you great authority. During the day you may ##vote twice. Control your votes by specifying whom you unvote. (E.g. if you decide to ##vote Ecco and ##vote Podima, you must type ##unvote Podima to change that vote.) If you have only one vote active, you may simply ##unvote like normal.
However, you also have the ability to divest your votes as you see fit. During the day you may ##grant <PLAYER> one of your votes, taking off one of your sacred necklaces and handing it to them. They will permanently gain an extra vote, and you will permanently lose one. You may, if you so desire, give away both your votes in this fashion, leaving you permanently voteless.
Understand?
You are a double-voter and you are town-aligned.

NOTE: This is your first game with me as a moderator. Uniquely among SA Mafia mods, I insist all players ##unvote before re-##vote-ing. Follow this rule consistently and you will not reveal your power before you are ready.

bottleknight - Ui'afol - Inquisitor (town-aligned cult cop)
Uruchi society is fair and just. Everyone is born into a hierarchical caste with their own privileges and obligations, and if someone works hard, they can rise above their station and even marry into a better caste. But, in the eyes of the Sea, all castes – from nobles to clam shuckers – are equal. No amount of earthly power can save you from the grave, after all, and you can have the grandest wealth in the Domain, but you can't take it with you. This is the true equality of Uruchi society: we all die, and we are all dead for far longer than we are ever alive, meaning, on a cosmic scale, the events of this life are relatively meaningless.
Still, on occasion, people get it into their heads that this system must change; they believe that this life matters more than it seems, as if they can avoid death if only they control every other aspect of their lives with absolute authority. That's where you come in. You are an Inquisitor; your job is to root out heresies among the people both high and low, and ensure that this orderly system remains in place.
Lately your contacts have heard rumbles from the Fisher class about a splinter sect that seeks to drown all the other castes, literally. You attended the moot, hoping to warn the rest of the tribes and garner support for a new Inquisition into this heresy, but before you could do so, disaster struck. You've deputized yourself with absolute authority to find and eliminate these anarchists; maybe then peace can return and this attack will be consigned to oblivion.

However, you are aware of a horrible truth about this conflict. The violence is likely the work of radicals who have invented a nihilistic philosophy – that through destruction of the "ruling class" some kind of prosperity and earthly utopia will come from the rubble. Poppycock! Still, to a mind untrained in detecting heresy, it can be intoxicating, and if not crushed when nascent, it can spread. During the night you may target a player in the game and inquisit them about their faith in Uruchi society; you will be discover if a player is CULT-ALIGNED, or NOT CULT-ALIGNED. Additionally, the first time you discover a CULT player, you will attempt to kill them the same night, as both proof of the conspiracy and as warning to the rest of the monsters that they are not safe.
You are a cult cop and you are town-aligned.

chaoslord - Anui'anu - Urchin (town-aligned hider)
You're alone in the world. Your parents died when they were both eaten by a shark, but rather than become a dark anti-hero, you instead just cried a lot. You were sent to an orphanage in Gaqqu, but the headmaster was too handsy for you, so when you turned thirteen you ran away. You've been living on the streets (or, really more like tunnels) ever since. You snag food from fishermens' hauls, you sleep wherever there's a heating vent and a crawl space, and you're friends with a small crab who lives in your hat. Truly it's a fine life! Who needs parents!
You heard that there would be a meeting of all sorts of bigwigs, and you salivated imagining the kind of food they must eat. You spent weeks planning your caper, observing guard rotations, mapping out routes through ducts and channels around the conference chamber, even figuring out three different believable lies in case you were ever caught. It would make for a great Heist story, but alas, this story isn't about you, it's about how a bunch of people are going to die because of some monsters. You have gotten roped into the nonsense, and now you need to keep your head down and do what you can to get out of this in one piece.

You are also a tiny urchin... boy? It's unclear. This has let you hide in various places without worrying about being seen, and even snag a few things while you're there. Each night you must target a player in the game; you'll hide in their room and sleep there during the night without their knowledge, sneaking out before morning. The effect is that you will be untargetable during the night, since anyone trying to find you won't be able to do so, but, if your target is ever the recipient of a nightkill, you will die with them. Additionally, you are aware that there's some treasures floating around the game; if you target a player with an Item, you'll steal it from them, and play with it, figuring out what the item does in the same night. If a player has multiple items, you get to pick which you take.
You are a hider and you are town-aligned.

Monathin - Mandu - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
Deadbead Dad - Loau - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
Moatillata - Hibes - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
Murmur Twin - Kirikaw - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
flerp - Bafoa - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
Gridlocked - Honaleis - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
Dick Bastardly - Tupoua - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
Birdstrike - Kumule - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
Max - Ino - Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla)
The annual Moot is a sacred affair. People come from throughout the Domain to attend it, preparing for weeks, sometimes even months, so they can get together and meet each other and share stories about what's happening in their tribes. It's the most important communication exchange, and without it, the Domain would be seventeen different groups of people staring at each other from across an ocean's expanse. Also you heard that there'd be oyster wine this year – honest to goodness oyster wine – and you were really excited to have some! But now the moot has been ruined, your Ma'jaruna has been murdered, and the people responsible are standing right next to you, smiling when they see you, and waiting for your back to turn so they can stick a knife in it. Your queen's final words were to stick together and you'll all get through this. And she's right. Despite the sharks in dolphin's clothing, you must learn to trust each other. It's going to be hard; it'll be the hardest thing you've ever done. But if you don't, you'll surely be doomed.
You have no other exceptional powers or abilities at this time.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

============================================================

Sub Flavor:
You stab bminus in the neck with a large fishhook. He screams in pain, but soon the scream becomes deeper, bellowing, as if from deep within his chest. The entire sub begins to shake. Suddenly, black ooze begins to pour out of b's mouth and eyes. His skin starts to boil, leaving large bubbles filled with the black ooze. Thinking quickly, flerp kicks bminus into the sub's airlock and locks the door. In a few seconds, bminus was thrust into deep pressure water and crushed, sinking into the abyss, never to be seen again.

:spades: b-minus1, Niol'on, Horror (scum-aligned goon), was executed.

The sub finally reached its destination: level seventy-seven, where the reactor was located. They docked with an ancient porthole that was covered with worms and seaweed and mud; it clearly had not been touched for longer than human memory. And yet, sensors reported that inside was oxygen. Stale, but still breathable. The team entered and saw copious signage in an unreadable script, but it seemed to point to one spot, somewhere deep inside the station. Red lights blinked, and a siren spun. (:siren:).

Following the arrows they found a control center. Through a window could be seen what had to be the reactor, a mighty behemoth of a machine, with turbines sparking arcs of lightning every few seconds. The control panel contained more of the illegible script, and had ten dozen different, multi-colored buttons that were lit up. Three of them were blinking, however. One was large and blinking red; next to it was a small button blinking green; and a third, was blinking white in a distant corner of the panel.
"Which one should we press?" chao asked.
RED GREEN WHITE

Monathin deduces that the white button is the correct one. He presses it, finding it to be a kind of switch. The control panels turns off, and the hum of the reactor grows faint. After a minute, the entire floor is bathed in darkness, save for the white button, which has stopped blinking, but now glows.

After waiting ten minutes, Monathin presses the white button again. The turbines power back on, and the lights to the room return as well. If he were in an Earth horror movie, there'd be a monster waiting in the room with them, but they do not.

The lights on the level begin to flash red again. The siren spins again. Soon the red and green buttons are blinking again. The white button, now, is solid, like the 117 other buttons on the control panel, indistinct from any other.

Under captain chao's orders, Monathin presses the flashing Big Red Button. Once he presses it, the lights on the panel become madness. Multiple buttons flash off and on seemingly at random, while others turn off entirely. What's most interesting is what's happening with the reactor; the room seems to be filling with a black ooze (the same nonsense that came out of b-minus??)

Soon the entire reactor chamber becomes filled with the black ooze, obscuring the window. A few seconds more the sound of a pump turns off; the reactor shuts down; the lights on the panel turn off; and once again, the panel room is sunk into darkness.

Then, the reactor begins to come to life again. Another pump begins its work, draining the reactor room of the black ooze. The lights on the panel slowly turn back on. The siren stays off. The flood lights, which previously bathed the area with red, now bathes it in blue. Once all the ooze is gone, the red button depresses, and stays off. The green lights still flashes.

Three for three - monathin presses the green button.
Nothing seems to happen.
The green button turns off.

After fifteen minutes nothing seems to have changed. All the lights on the panel are stable; the reactor hums and purrs peacefully; the flood lights are still blue; the siren is still off.

DO YOU LEAVE?

Y

You board the sub and return to the upper levels.

CONGRATULATIONS! Sub Minigame is over. The thread is currently closed for night; you are free to read it now. Your return will be announced at the opening of the game day.

============================================================

Emerald Flavor:

DB
You eat a light supper of fish soup and seabread (which to you is just, regular bread), make a few prayers, and start to head to bed. As you turn down the lights, you notice the green glow coming from your drawer. Is it time? What could it hurt? Things are getting dire - maybe this present is the solution.

You open the drawer with the emerald. It's about the size of a fist, and is cut in such a way that it looks like it has a spark of light always inside of it, as if it contains the flame of a match. It's just as warm between your fingers, too. It's so beautiful; you wonder why this ever frightened you. Magick isn't scary, it's a basic lesson in elementary school. Every child in Gaqqu knows how to mend a small cut with some white magick, or shoot a small jetty of water with a snap of their fingers. Some are better at it than others, of course, just like some have natural talents at running and jumping, and that can be scary when used for evil. The emerald grows warmer. But, no, there was never anything to fear from this beautiful gem. In fact, seeing it up close, you realize what an opportunity this is. If you could study this, figure out what this gem's properties are, maybe you could harness its powers. Maybe you could even stop the vile horrors and wicked cultists that are plaguing your home. The emerald now starts to burn in your fingers. Then you'd be a hero. You'd be the savior of the city, maybe of the entire Domain. There would be parades in your honor, you'd get all sorts of medals and awards, you could find yourself appointed to a very honorable and profitable position in the bureaucracy. The emerald is now filling the entire room with light as the skin on your fingers begins to melt. Maybe you could even start your own noble line; the House of Tupoua, that has quite a ring to it. You would marry a beautiful, buxom woman and produce dozens of children. But why stop there? If the emerald is as powerful as it seems, if you can use its power yourself, maybe you could use it not just to serve, but to rule. The Ma'jaruna is dead; why can't you be the new one? The emerald is now like a raging furnace, and your fingers are bone and sinews. Who could oppose you, if you had the emerald's power? Maybe you could even conquer death itself. Your jaw falls off as the muscles holding it burn away. You could be like the legendary lich king Tam'tebak, an ageless god that ruled the oceans for millennia. And at the tip of your crown would be the emerald responsible for all your success. Your vision disappears as your eyes melt. You mustn't be so scared of your own ambition. Everything you've ever wanted is within your grasp; you need only have the courage to reach for it.

Birb

This emerald is something else. You're not quite sure what it is - whether it warps your mind to turn you into a brainless zombie follower of a cult, or whether it'll just consume your soul and turn you into a pile of bones like Dick Bastardly - but either way no part of you is convinced this will end well for you. Still, it's sitting there, on your desk, and you simply have to know what it does.
The first thing you notice about it, that everyone notices about it, is how it glows internally. You order the computer to close the lights, and it still glows. It doesn't capture the light around it like a poorly cut gem might, it's actively creating something within itself. And it's something warm. As you hold it in your hands you'd say it's as warm as a cup of tea. You briefly think back to one of the first times you ever drank tea - it was with your mother. She would buy this weird seaweed from one of the remote villages, and it would make your entire home chambers smell like someone had flash-cooked a fish. Still, it's a smell that you associate with her, and the feeling of holding a hot cup of tea, with your fingers wrapped around it, is very soothing. Your mind returns to the gem, and you notice that it's gotten hotter. Uncomfortably so. And yet, you don't seem to mind. In fact your mind begins to wander again; this time you remember a less pleasant memory of your mother. She had come home from a tavern and she was drunk, as she often was, and your father got into a fight with her about it. He tried to talk quietly so you wouldn't hear, but she started getting upset, and that made him upset. You remember he grabbed ---- the gem is now so warm that it's starting to burn your fingers, and yet you cannot let go. You keep wanting to get lost in your thoughts, to think about something else, somewhere else. You want to go home. You want to sleep in your own bed and eat your own food. You want to pray before the urns of your parents, and tell their spirits that you forgive them. You want to sit on your couch, drink a cup of tea, curl up next to your husband, and feel safe again. That's why you looked into the emerald, that's why it's getting brighter and brighter by the second, that's why it's so hot that it's eaten away at your flesh. You want to leave this place, either by your mind being taken over and replaced with a cultist, or by your body being incinerated. Either way you'll be gone from here, far away from this stuffy dome and your murderous friends. You realize that must be how the emerald works - it takes a hold of you, it captures you; it makes promises to you, promises of achieving your desires if only you'll let it. But you know they're lies, you've always known they were lies, and yet you cannot help but soldier on, even as your face melts and your arms collapse as the tendons burn off. Within a few seconds everything goes black.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Notes:

This was a rough setup. I hadn't created a game in a while and it shows.

Eh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pretend I posted pastabird here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Gj town

Fun game

• Locked thread