Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

You know, like in Gladiator. "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Doesn't have to be that long, but I always get a kick out of people having cool or funny, elaborate, or just memorable descriptive nickname type of things. I did not know where on the internet to post this. I know Cinema Discusso has some of the best buffs around, and cult movies and retro genre stuff in particular I think may have some good ones like that. I'm getting some deja vu thinking of them, but aren't quite coming to mind!

Doesn't need to be a self-describing really long sentence, but those are good too, any memorable nickname or description. Post 'em here!

Here's one from Repo Man, these ones I'm thinking of are just describing accomplishments in elaborate detail, but that's just the tip of the iceberg here folks.

"You're fuckin' right I'm Plettschner! Otto Plettschner! Three times decorated in two world wars! I was killing people while you were still swimming around in your father's balls! You little scumbag! I worked five years in a slaughterhouse, and ten years as a prison guard in Attica!"

You know, stuff like "Breaker of Chains" or "They call me Mister Tibbs", or to make one up, "I'm the Mr. T of Bon appétit!"

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Buck I'm here to gently caress

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think Denzel should always go by The Man On Whom King Kong Ain't Got poo poo, but maybe that's cheating.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Please welcome the star and perpetrator of this film . . .

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez

also know as "The Rat"

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Not quite elaborate (and not quite film) but I always liked the crime flashbacks in Oz (and in dialogue) where they mention the character nicknames:

Chucky ‘The Enforcer’ Pancamo.
Frankie ‘the fixer’ Urbano.
Yuri Kosigyn ‘the most brutal hit man in Little Odessa’

I also liked when characters tried to demand a nickname but nobody gave a gently caress like the character that kept getting worked up and pissy because nobody would call him ‘Bricks’.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Davros1 posted:

Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez

also know as "The Rat"

...wanted in fourteen counties of this state, the condemned is found guilty of crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices; the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, perjury, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money and contrary to the laws of this state the condemned is guilty of using marked cards and loaded dice. Therefore, according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused before us, Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez and any other aliases he might have, to hang by the neck until dead... may god have mercy on his soul... proceed.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
You want to know who I am? I am... I am the Invincible Sword Goddess, armed with the Green Destiny that knows no equal! Be you Li or Southern Crane, bow your head and ask for mercy! I am the dragon from the desert! Who comes from nowhere and leaves no trace! Today I fly over Eu-Mei. Tomorrow... I topple Mount Wudan!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Has Bud the Chud been mentioned

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tresspassers Will, which as we all know, is short for Tresspassers William!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZC2KQbwWUE

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Also Pinto and Flounder

Why Pinto?
Why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHppmhyNx8M

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I remember liking this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkccqolaVGg&t=52s

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Not from a film but still elaborate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONFVIfrPQxc&t=25s

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

quote:

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Still a great scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
El Duderino

• Locked thread