Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

bartok posted:

When can I get a shirt with Roman's catchphrase "Bitch"?
can we get a gif in shirt form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Roman's promo was kind of good but I feel like they shouldn't be swapping the "Brock Lesnar, unbeatable monster" persona for "Brock Lesnar, entitled dick who doesn't respect THE BUSINESS." The former makes for a great storytelling device that they've been pumping up for years, come on now. Obvs WWE just deems it more important to get Roman cheered at any cost.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

shiksa posted:

i'm not so mad about the champ being pinned, and i like the way specifically the g1 set up opponents for okada this way, but its when it leads to a match john cena is not going to win... eh.
Cena winning is actually plausible to me, not because "lol cena winz" but because the writing is just that dumb. It'd be a very WWE thing to just do Cena's 17th title win on the most B of B-shows, all while screwing up the fun SD WrestleMania title match (or possibly giving us the match after all, but with some pointless complicated booking leading back it).

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Seth vs. Brock already happened and was bad, although I'm curious as to how much of it was directly related to Seth's heel booking at the time. Like would they agent a completely different match with face Seth or would Brock still not be interested in doing much

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Roman is good but the Superman Punch is bad. It's decent in a vacuum; a signature spot with a flourish... but I hate seeing it done 8 times per match or awkwardly crammed in as an "outta nowhere" counter move. I also think this is responsible for the illusion that Roman has a smaller moveset than other main event wrestlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Gorn Myson posted:

My favourite thing about the Brock/Roman match is that despite its year long build, it still feels like a typical, ordinary WWE feud, only this time Roman cut a promo where he might actually have a point that the crowd can empathise with.
WWE seems allergic to properly-paced longterm builds. I forget if it was here but someone recently pointed out how even Austin/Rock at 17 had kind of a rushed build, with weird plot beats like Debra being forced to manage the Rock and Austin being mad about it. Some choice promos and the video package saved it, and the body of the match itself was white-hot. Doubt we'll be so lucky this time!

• Locked thread