Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It was brought up elsewhere, but Asuka vs Nia really needs a stipulation added to it, because this is getting stupid. Make it Last Woman Standing or something. But I doubt that will happen. We'll get that stipulation when they inevitably have another match after next week's one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Defiance Industries posted:

I would agree if I thought Nia was ready for a gimmick match.

I think Last Woman Standing would be fine, and a good way to end Asuka vs Nia. It's pretty obvious at this point that Nia isn't beating Asuka (or at least not before the streak is broken). It doesn't help that Asuka has been anchored down by Nia (their matches have been okay, but nothing great like Bayley vs Asuka or Sasha vs Asuka). Hell, give us Asuka vs Mickie or something, since Mickie is suddenly a heel again.

Assuming the plan is Asuka vs Alexa at Wrestlemania, have Asuka win, and then shake up the RAW roster. Move a bunch of Smackdown talent to RAW, and a bunch of RAW talent to Smackdown.

I imagine they may want to keep Asuka on the same brand as Ronda in order to inevitably tease a feud between the two.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Give Heyman to Asuka or Ronda, imo. Both of them could use mouthpieces when they actually need to cut promos.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/968509184751865856

Asuka/Miz are great.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WOR stated last night that Asuka was supposed to announce which title she was going after last night on RAW, but they decided to scrap it. I think they are waiting to see how this Alexa/Asuka feud pans out before deciding.

I would expect an announcement after Fastlane. As for Nia vs Alexa, that could probably be scrapped due to the fact that it would be one of the worst matches on the card by a wide margin. Alexa vs Asuka would probably be for the better anyways, because it seems like WWE wants to have Carmella cash in and win the Smackdown Women's title, and they don't want to give her Asuka's streak as part of that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Accident Underwater posted:

Didn't Cole announce Alexa vs. Asuka last night

Nothing has been officially announced and Dave keeps thinking/claiming it'll be Charlotte vs Asuka, except I don't see that happening unless they want to hand Asuka her first loss via Carmella. Which would be insanely stupid considering Carmella is dead in the water, and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, since she lost James Ellsworth.

Asuka vs Alexa has the benefit of while not being great, it won't be god loving awful like Nia vs Alexa would be. I guess for the Smackdown title you could do a multiwoman match or Becky vs Charlotte, and have Carmella cash in on the winner. I mean even the fact that WWE is hesitating about the possibility of Nia vs Alexa should tell you how worried they are it'll be a disaster.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 28, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It helps that if they plan on doing Ronda vs Asuka at Wrestlemania next year, they'll want to keep them on the same brand most likely. People think WELL WOULDNT IT BE BETTER TO PUT THEM ON SEPARATE BRANDS?

If Asuka didn't have a winning streak, yeah. But if they are truly going to let Ronda break it, then Asuka needs to be on the same brand as her (because they won't do champion vs champion at Wrestlemania, and Asuka or Ronda would have to lose their title before then). They can move Nia, Alexa, and either Sasha or Bayley to Smackdown if necessary, and move some fresh blood over to RAW, like Ruby Riott, Natalya, and maybe Charlotte or Becky. Not to mention NXT callups. We'll probably see Ember Moon called up after Wrestlemania. And I imagine Shayna will follow suit post Summerslam or Survivor Series, with Kairi coming up next year after Mania.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Oh Snapple! posted:

Carmella cashing in and ending that stupid loving streak would be perfectly fine as long as Asuka completely destroyed her to get the title back on the Smackdown immediately following Mania.

You know that wouldn't loving happen. Carmella would be a chickenshit heel and they would drag it out until Backlash at the earliest. The problem is though is that its CARMELLA we are talking about here. She gets no reactions at all, is god loving awful in the ring, and is pretty bad on the mic as well. The only reason she got the case most likely was because of Ellsworth. I keep forgetting her finisher is a very bad looking super kick and submission move.

The only realistic way I see Asuka vs Charlotte happening at Mania is if Carmella attempts to cash in before then, and fails. WWE has absolutely no reason to invest in Carmella anymore, especially since Ellsworth is gone (her only heat magnet). Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if they seriously regret putting the case on her now. They had a serious lack of foresight, and its biting them in the rear end.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 28, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

MITB is June 17th, they don’t actually have to do anything with the case for a couple of months after Mania.

The counterpoint is that WWE is stupid enough to have Carmella cash in at Wrestlemania for the ~moment~. And even then assuming Asuka won, I don't see her ever being vulnerable enough for a cash in to succeed (outside of Wrestlemania this year, assuming she faces Charlotte), and WWE will almost certainly want the first Women's Money in the Bank cash in to be successful.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

So I guess this week really played up that Miz losing would break Asuka’s streak in the MMC?

Guess we know exactly how it’s going to end now then.

Dogs rule, and I am fine with that. Please don't be a dog hater!!!!

Also Asuka was spewing pure vitriol during her MMC match tonight. I think someone else described it as: Imagine bumping into a Yakuza on the street. That's the kind of vitriol she had directed at everyone else.

I have a feeling win or lose, Miz is eating a kick or an armbar afterwards.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think if people are looking at the MMC in terms of superstar participation then yeah you are going to get angry about Asuka's streak being used as a storyline factor here.

HOWEVER, it would probably be better to look at it from the standpoint of which charities SHOULD win, and need the money the most. The remaining charities are: Rescue Dogs Rock, Boys and Girls Club of America, Connor's Cure, Global Citizen, and Girls Up.

Global Citizen and Boys and Girls Club of America are both fairly major charities, and bring in a large amount of money each year. $100,000 would be seen as a drop in the bucket to their bottom line.

Connor's Cure is essentially ran by the WWE, and the optics PR wise would be absolutely terrible if they won, because it could very well be seen as paying themselves.

Girls Up and Rescue Dogs Rock are the only small charities left, and could easily do a lot with $100,000.

Take this from someone who has a family member who runs a small non profit (for domestic abuse victims). Even the smallest donations are greatly appreciated.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

bradzilla posted:

Making Asuka's streak canon for the MMC is so loving stupid because now there's no way Miz/Asuka lose.

People would have seen it as canon even if WWE outright said it wasn't. I guarantee you if Miz and Asuka were to lose (even if Miz were to eat the pin/submit) and they didn't acknowledge the streak, people would bring it up/see it as the streak being broken anyways.

Aphrodite posted:

But also they could have just had Miz and Asuka choose something else.

I thought it was pretty apparent that Miz and Maryse picked this charity because they genuinely love dogs.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I can't believe I have to say this AGAIN, but WWE isn't going to hand Carmella of all people Asuka's streak. Her ceiling is painfully low, and that would be the biggest waste of a rub in a long time. And before anyone claims "Well she can just destroy Carmella on the Smackdown after Wrestlemania and get the title back"...WWE would drag out that feud until Backlash at the earliest, and they can't keep teasing an Asuka title run for much longer.

And even then, they would keep trying to get heat on Carmella (for Backlash), just for her to gently caress it up and lose it all anyways. Because Carmella isn't even remotely credible, nor could she EVER be taken seriously against Asuka. The only person I see ending the streak is Ronda. People are freaking out that Asuka may run out of people to face. No she won't. Assuming she wins a title at Wrestlemania, they could have a shakeup soon after Wrestlemania and move some stars around. That's not factoring in that we would get some NXT callups as well. And I imagine if they plan to preserve the streak, a lot of the female callups will probably be sent to whatever brand Asuka is headlining, so she can have some feuds with them.

And the Braun treatment won't work with Asuka, at least immediately. That bus left the station when they decided to have Nia Jax no sell Asuka's offense. Asuka's dominance doesn't come solely from her strikes/technical ability. It also comes from the fact that she's incredibly crafty and intelligent in matches.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 28, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

D.N. Nation posted:

Oh, I know they aren't going to waste it on honkin' Carmella. I'm just already pre-bummed because I know they're going to fart the landing on the end of the streak.

To put it into perspective, Carmella is 0-15 in 2018 so far. She has lost 100% of her matches. Dana Brooke is 4-5, and has a 44.4% win rate. Carmella is somehow a bigger jobber than Dana Brooke. I legitimately think WWE regrets putting Money in the Bank on Carmella. She's lost all momentum ever since Ellsworth has released, and I don't see her ever being credible due to her incredibly poor in ring skills. Now that I think about it, she's facing off against Becky Lynch next week.

The ONLY way I would want to see Asuka vs Charlotte is if Money in the Bank is out of the picture by then. And that's assuming the match actually happens. Right now it's looking like we'll be getting Asuka vs Alexa, considering they are having Alexa tear into Asuka, promo wise. Nia Jax can be a part of the Chyna Battle Royale or something.

You also have to factor in that Asuka can probably get some mileage out of the streak with a heel turn down the line as well.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 28, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

Ronda's not ending the streak because she's outside talent and they have their need to prove that homegrown stars are better. Remember Lesnar and Cena at Extreme Rules 2012?

The streak really should go to Ember because it would make for really good long form storytelling.

I thought it was pretty well established by now that Vince very rarely acknowledges NXT as canon unless it suits his interests. And I don't see Asuka entering putting people over mode until she's close to retirement. Which is probably at least a year or two away. As for Ember ending the streak, I don't see it happening considering while she's booked as the #1 Babyface in NXT, she certainly isn't treated like it by the crowd. The crowd reacts more for Dakota Kai, Kairi Sane, and Nikki Cross more than Ember Moon. Now imagine that on the main roster. Part of the problem is that Ember comes across as incredibly phony/robotic in her promos.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

The streak should have ended with Ember at that last Takeover.

I don't know... Yes, "Asuka" is undefeated, but she has lost before.

I don't think that was ever the plan. I've heard a few different theories about the streak, and the ones that seem the most plausible were:

A) Vince wanted the streak kept intact for main roster stuff. And he still has the final call on everything, including NXT stuff.

B) She was never slated to lose against Ember, and it was possible before her injury they were going to do Kairi Sane vs Asuka at the following Takeover, where Asuka would most likely lose.

Either way, Ember Moon is probably a transitional champion until Shayna inevitably wins it. Although Shayna will probably get called up after Summerslam, since her age is a huge factor, and her moveset is much more limited than someone like Asuka's (and I also see Shayna being rushed up so they can set up some sort of program with Ronda/Shayna/Whoever else at Survivor Series). I imagine the next real face of the NXT Women's Division will probably be either Candice LaRae or Kairi Sane. The NXT Women's Division is pretty messy at the moment in terms of who is dominant and who isn't.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 28, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

Dude, fans like Ember. Did she turn you down for prom or something?

I'm not denying fans like Ember. But fans like people like Kairi, Dakota, and Candice MORE. If you put Ember in the ring against any of them, it's very likely that she (Ember) would get a muted reaction compared to the people I listed above. Part of the issue is that again, Ember comes across as incredibly phony compared to the people I listed above, and its pretty obvious WWE is trying to make Ember the #1 babyface for the NXT Women's Division, and the audience is more behind the people I listed above.

The fans will cheer for Ember against Shayna because its a classic face vs heel feud. However, if you were to put Ember vs Dakota, Kairi, or Candice, the reaction would almost certainly be much different, and not in Ember's favor. I feel like that could and probably will be a problem on the main roster as well, unless they decide to debut Ember as a heel, which is incredibly unlikely.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 28, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Cardboard Box posted:

hey rowdy ringsport posters, just stopping by to say i watched roman reigns' promo on youtube and i thought it was very good. thanks for your time

That is great!!! What rating do you give it on the BIG DOG scale? Pick a dog anywhere from Great Dane to Scottish Deerhound.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MrBrandonStroud/status/969003295787253760

That's a lot of money to drop on Wrestlemania tickets. :stare:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Doesn't mean much, but the WWE Japan website just announced that Smackdown will be running shows over there on the 29th and 30th of June. They also released the promotional art for it, and Asuka isn't featured at all on the promotional materials.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I hope if we get John Cena vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania, we get Biker Taker. Much more interesting than Deadman Undertaker vs John Cena, in my opinion. Roman may have retired the Deadman, but not Biker Taker, after all! :v:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think Sunny is toast. PWInsider and TMZ are reporting she was charged with two more DUI offenses, and was on probation during it. So they are almost certainly going to revoke her probation, and she's probably going to jail for it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a225hHXvfYI

I miss Big E's FIVE gimmick. :smith:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So I guess at tonight's Chicago house show, Brock squashed Kane in less than 30 seconds pissing everyone in attendance off. Also the eight woman tag match ended up turning into a 6 on 2 handicap match (So it was Mickie James, Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose vs Asuka and Bayley). Sasha Banks and Mickie James turned on Asuka and Bayley. Asuka locked the armbar on Sonya Deville though to get the victory.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Did like... Bayley clear the ring or did everyone else just let Sonya get killed?

Also maybe get some faces on Raw now.

Dunno the specifics, but apparently the turn happened mid match when Sasha tried putting Asuka into the Bank Statement (Sasha had tagged with them up to this point).

Mickie is pretty much the female version of Big Show now. She can be a face one night, and a heel the next. Regardless, I don't expect any of this to be brought up on RAW on Monday. I imagine the ring was mostly cleared when the turn happened. As for getting faces on RAW now, I don't know anymore. At this point its pretty likely Sasha turns heel before Wrestlemania (or soon after). If that's the case, then there is a dire need for faces in the division. All you will have left is Bayley and Asuka. I imagine that will change around Backlash time since there were talks of doing a shakeup, but if Asuka jumps ship to Smackdown before then, Bayley and Ronda will be the only female babyfaces left on RAW.

I'd move Becky to RAW, and maybe Charlotte as well, assuming she drops the title at Wrestlemania.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Codependent Poster posted:

This is probably gonna happen Monday.

Monday already has a match advertised. Asuka vs Nia Jax. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

After showing up out of nowhere in crazy shape at the Rumble aged 43 he has seemingly tore his bicep:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/970186056795484161

Well that is one way to finally kill the Rey Mysterio vs John Cena rumors.

• Locked thread