Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Nicomo posted:

There's a YouTube video on their channel where they interview a kid who violently shot a burglar, with his proud parents there too. Endless stream of comments from dumb yanks who think it's real.

the real interviews with kids who shot people are way better anyways. They just got that certain special something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7OshCHsfJI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Give Field & Track Teachers Field Guns and Tracked Vehicles.

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

Give Field & Track Teachers Field Guns and Tracked Vehicles.

We've found that if you track the group of runners with the main gun the whole race, they consistently post better times. We'll make state for sure!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I got into a discussion with one of my severely wedged fundamentalist christian relatives about arming teachers. He said we need to go beyond that. I asked what he meant, and he explained that schools should have reinforced classrooms, walls, armed guards, metal detectors, etc. I asked how that was any different, and less depressing, than a prison. He thought for a moment, and the best thing he could come up with was "They get to go home at the end of the day."

Maybe I'll dig up one of my old yearbook pictures and mess with that...

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

...and home is a gated community guarded by racist rant-a-cops.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

genesplicer posted:

I got into a discussion with one of my severely wedged fundamentalist christian relatives about arming teachers. He said we need to go beyond that. I asked what he meant, and he explained that schools should have reinforced classrooms, walls, armed guards, metal detectors, etc. I asked how that was any different, and less depressing, than a prison. He thought for a moment, and the best thing he could come up with was "They get to go home at the end of the day."

Gene, to a lot of kids, school basically IS prison already.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Sale At Albertsons! posted:

Gene, to a lot of kids, school basically IS prison already.

Bonus points for the newer schools literally designed after prison models of zone control and inmate flow management.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
The Panopticon is the best design for hardened schools as one administrator sniper behind a visibility shield can draw a bead on any student at any time.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

see Mr Rogers left all that poo poo behind him when he put down the green beret and picked up the cardigan of peace. Smdh.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

bad day posted:

The Panopticon is the best design for hardened schools as one administrator sniper behind a visibility shield can draw a bead on any student at any time.

The literal panopticon design is outdated and its implementation is prohibitively expensive. Remotely monitored collars and cameras allow existing institutions to be retrofitted to a standard of verified control the original panopticon could never aspire to at a mere fraction of the cost.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Problem solved.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Thou ken the path that is most sure. Laughter abounds

cnut
May 3, 2016

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

bad day posted:

go to bed jeremy bentham

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

genesplicer posted:

when i went to high school the whole campus was surrounded by walls and fences and they locked the gates closed until school was out, and that was a long rear end time ago. i can't even imagine how insane things are since then.

my favorite memory re: that is climbing over the wall and jumping down outside at lunch to find the vice principal and the campus cop standing right fuckin' there. i told them i was getting books from my car (they demolished all the lockers for some reason, i forget why) and they stared at me as i walked to my car, got in it and drove away. somehow i never got in any kind of trouble for it either.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 3, 2018

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Reposting from the GBS themed Japanese gameshow thread:

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

is this the thread for joking about dead kids? :downswords:
:fuckoff:

Yes, bring back the times where comedy outranks stepping around the perpetually offended.

Squish fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 3, 2018

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Now that's an oxymoron

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

SniperWoreConverse posted:

see Mr Rogers left all that poo poo behind him when he put down the green beret and picked up the cardigan of peace. Smdh.

Mr Rogers is the hero we need.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'd watch this movie.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Does the swimming teacher have to drag around a mini sub?

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

is this the thread for joking about dead kids?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I was under the impression this is the thread for joking about America's stupidest public policy idea

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

You're a Slacker McFly and slackers get capped

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Say what you will about Principal Strickland but the man had excellent trigger control

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:eyepop:

This isn’t getting enough.... love? I guess?

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Pupils' desire to know more intensifies

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

I'm from Parkland and I say kill 'em all!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I'm from Dalton high school and I say.... kill myself

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Super Grocery Kart posted:

:eyepop:

This isn’t getting enough.... love? I guess?

I'm missing it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

This one's really good lol

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm missing it.