Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will John Cena's Wrestlemania match be?
This poll is closed.
Cena vs Undertaker 4 13.33%
Cena vs Shinsuke vs AJ 1 3.33%
Cena vs Heath Slater 6 20.00%
Cena is special guest host at WWF World Restaurant 14 46.67%
THE BIG DOG! 5 16.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

John Cena kicks off SmackDown LIVE looking for a WrestleMania opportunity
John Cena, who has blown opportunity after opportunity after opportunity to get a match at Wrestlemania, has decided to return to the show he largely abandoned to get his match at Wrestlemania that way. Will he ask Shinsuke Nakamura, the man who beat him at Royal Rumble, to put up his title shot? Or get inserted into the Fastlane main event alongside Ziggler and Corbin to further wreck Sami, Kevin AND AJ's day? Will he insist that his lack of presence on the Smackdown Top 10 list means he should get a title shot like all the other guys who aren't on the list that are getting title shots? Will he try to take back the US Open Challenge from Bobby Roode? Will he fly into a rage at Charlotte's PPV winning streak causing confusion with his own number of championships and insist on fighting her for the Women's Title? Is he going to convince Rockstar Spud he should be in the Cruiserweight Tournament? The only way to find out is to watch Smackdown (also to not watch it and get the results later)

Naomi steps up to answer Ruby Riott’s challenge
Last week, Ruby Riott pinned Becky Lynch in Six-Woman Tag Team action, getting a title opportunity at WWE Fastlane in the process. That didn’t stop the Riott Squad leader from calling out one of the champion’s closest allies, Naomi, promising to knock her lights out.

Sami Zayn battles Baron Corbin ahead of WWE Fastlane Fatal 5-Way
Last week’s SmackDown LIVE went off the air with Baron Corbin standing tall, having planted Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn into the canvas with End of Days after the two tried to attack him following his grueling loss to WWE Champion AJ Styles. Though he was not victorious, The Lone Wolf sent a message that he will be a serious threat during the WWE Championship Fatal 5-Way at WWE Fastlane. Corbin will get another opportunity at payback tonight on SmackDown LIVE when he goes one-on-one with Zayn. Will Zayn be able to escape the wrath of The Lone Wolf?

The Usos and The New Day renew their rivalry ahead of WWE Fastlane
The New Day defeated Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin last week to earn a SmackDown Tag Team Title opportunity at WWE Fastlane. Standing between Kofi Kingston, Big E & Xavier Woods and a fifth reign as tag team champions are their longtime rivals, The Usos. Last year, these teams engaged in a legendary rivalry that tore the house down at several events, culminating in a vicious war inside Hell in a Cell, which Jimmy & Jey won. They reached a truce, showing respect for each other before going their separate ways, but fate has brought them back together on The Road to WrestleMania. The squads will come face-to-face tonight, but what will happen in the latest chapter of their rivalry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Wow Jerusalem, no poll asking who is cooler? THE BIG DOG or Huge Loser John Cena?

LOOK CLOSER, LENNY!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan and Shane should come out and say,"John if you wanted to negotiate why didn't you call us before the show started....?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan: Oh I have nothing to add, I just wanted to remind everybody I beat John Cena with The Knee That Beat John Cena. Well, goodnight folks! :wave:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cena vs AJ? Please let it just be no shenanigans/a straight up match between the two. Don't get involved Shane, please don't get involved

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbin posted:

a 6th grader could write a better script than WWE's writing department right now

To be fair, it doesn't matter who is writing what, because even if Vince McMahon approves it, gets solidly behind it, pushes heavily for it etc... 5 minutes before the show starts he'll suddenly throw it all out the window in favor of reenacting the scene in Bojack Horseman where he takes a shitload of drugs so he can write his memoirs in 3 days.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fart blood posted:

How is Smackdown so far?

Nothing but a promo by Cena so far, with Daniel Bryan announcing Cena can get into the Fastlane title match if he can beat AJ Styles in the main event tonight.

Edit: Also according to a sign, Corbin doesn't wash his hands

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Why are you staring at me with such intensity, Baron Corbin!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sequel to The Town looking good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sotar posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhh I wish KO would tone it down a bit on commentary. He is good but it is too much.

Look what you've done, now you've agreed with Shane McMahon and are tainted forever by association!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drat, that's pretty solid hashtag use from Storm.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I'm convinced that Cena's gonna win and the match will be a "Fatal Ten Way!" by the time it happens.

Shane gently explains to AJ that because Daniel Bryan has lost all perspective, that Shane is removing AJ from the match and putting himself in it, and he will defend AJ's title on his behalf.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

So Bryan's just a heel now, right?

The heel/face dynamics on Smackdown are even worse than on Raw, I think I know who the heels and faces are supposed to be but nothing about the actual booking, crowd reactions or finishes actually seems to reflect that at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

...Shane.... you are being the heel here.

BRYAN IS LITERALLY WALKING OUT TO SPEND TIME WITH HIS FAMILY AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE HIM THE HEEL!?!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This Shane storyline is so, so, so loving stupid.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

....Ryan Ward.... :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Does the atmosphere of this match feel really weird to anybody else? It kind of feels like nobody is really entirely sure what they are supposed to be doing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The matches haven't been great, but at least there is an actual proper storyline going on here. Charlotte beat Ruby's 2 friends, then Ruby took it upon herself to beat Charlotte's 2 friends, and now they're going to fight each other.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is Duhamel here to get steroids from Roman? Wrong show!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shayna vs Kairi tomorrow night :hellyeah:

bartok posted:

The reviews for that Unsolved show have been brutal.

I am shocked. SHOCKED.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This rules, I'd love this to be a Mania match. I imagine the Bludgeon Brothers gonna be smashing things instead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

It's a shame they blew this load five times already in the past year

Crazy thing is how many of those great matches were on the pre-shows, too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

A year ago Luke was competing for a title match

Yeah but he was getting heavily cheered and the crowd was really into him, so it was a good thing they got him the hell out of that scene and decided to teach him some humility in case he got a big head and started growing in confidence!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh cool, add the loving text graphics to a Dolph Ziggler promo for maximum frustration.

Also Ziggler still cutting heel promos? WHAT THE gently caress IS HE!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

Bautista is a really good actor too. He was great in Blade Runner 2049.

gently caress yeah, I knew he was pretty good but he killed it in that movie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Adding lyrics to the screen is dumb enough, since it really hammers home the scripted nature of the show... but at least get the loving timing on the Rusev head bouncing along to the singing right for gently caress's sake :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sotar posted:

Does the Top 10 list even affect anything?

From memory, 4 of the 10 spots on the Top Ten List (which is supposed to sort out who gets title shots) were champions. Also I'm fairly certain NOBODY in the Fastlane main event outside of Champion AJ Styles is on the Top 10 List. Also I'm fairly certain Shinsuke Nakamura who is on the list already had his Wrestlemania title shot guaranteed before the first list was revealed.

So... no.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sotar posted:

So they managed to do it worse than TNA

This reminds me that a few years ago I actually listened to one of the frequent,"No just give TNA a chance they've learned their lesson!" and watched them do their Bound for Glory series, and I found myself getting surprisingly into it... until they suddenly in like the last week before BFG realized they wanted Jeff Hardy to win it but the points didn't add up so they just threw in a bunch of extra matches/changes so that Jeff would be the winner instead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shiksa posted:

i have big news everyone; for the first time since i got real fat eating dorm cafeteria food, i would qualify for 205 live

Good for you :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sotar posted:

I remember TNA's top 10 list was voted on by fans, and I think the top 2 or 3 or whatever were put in a match to get a TNA title match. Of course the fans had vastily different ideas of top 10 than Bischoff/Hogan/Russo

That is definitely a way better idea than however the gently caress WWE is doing theirs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bradzilla posted:

So this match is real good so far

Pretty surprising, huh!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I feel churlish complaining about this match, but I remember when the Styles Clash had successfully been sold as the most dangerous, terrifying and effective finisher in the world... and now it's relegated to happening in a commercial break for a nearfall.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Loved that STF counter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God, EVERY TIME he makes that forearm look so goddamn beautiful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sotar posted:

That was NJPW booking.

Yeah, it is one of the many instances that proves that basic, predictable booking is NOT a bad thing in and of itself. Do basic things well and they are effective!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:munch:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

AJ waving off a count-out win only for Cena to put AJ through the table and try for a count-out win :discourse:

Jerusalem posted:

Do basic things well and they are effective!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wish the commentary was playing up that Cena went for the easy win

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God if Cena had tapped it would have been so, so perfect.

Dammmit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That whole match seemed to be built towards Cena losing to drive him further over the edge. I'm disappointed they had him win even if it shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

• Locked thread