Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CratSock posted:

Thanks for keeping us updated. Any more wine reviews?

He posted a tequila review

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Do you have a link? I'd like to read it.

This one by John Barnard is essentially it, there was a more long form one but I can't find it just now

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-survive-change-barnard-1052485/3130163/

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

djssniper posted:

This one by John Barnard is essentially it, there was a more long form one but I can't find it just now

lemme summarize it:

John Barnard "McLaren are hosed 'cos Their Ron refused to just do what I told him"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I think Newey wrote something like that in his book actually?

Newey's book is great for illustrating how dogshit McLaren has been for the last like 20 years.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Newey's book is great for illustrating how dogshit McLaren has been for the last like 20 years.

It's also a perfect diary of autism - 90 pages on the trials and tribulations of designing a wing followed by "PS. My wife and kids left me."

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Newey is a cool cat.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Newey is a supporter of formula w, presumably because he thinks he can get easier access to jockey sized drivers through it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Brainwrong posted:

It's also a perfect diary of autism - 90 pages on the trials and tribulations of posting on SA followed by "PS. My wife and kids left me."

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Joke's on you, I don't have a wife and kids

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

It's also a perfect diary of autism - 90 pages on the trials and tribulations of designing a wing followed by "PS. My wife and kids left me."

I found a free copy of it online.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Tsaedje posted:

Newey is a supporter of formula w, presumably because he thinks he can get easier access to jockey sized drivers through it.
The great Sir Jackie explaining how Newey's cars are undriveable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwX81icYtWA

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i dont understand

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU5HG14_1Sk

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont understand

Goodspeed: [Holding VX nerve gas] Do you know how this poo poo works?
Capt. Darrow: [Holding his knife] Do you know how this poo poo works?! [flashes his knife] Come on, come on, I don't need the gun. I'll put it down, come on. Let's play! Come on, come on!
Goodspeed: Listen, I think we got off on the wrong foot. Stan Goodspeed, FBI. Uh, let's talk music. Do you like the Elton John song "Rocket Man"?
Darrow: I don't like soft-rear end poo poo!
Goodspeed: Oh, oh, you don't, OK. Well, I only bring it up because, uh... it's you. You're the rocket man! [he fires the rocket out the window, taking Darrow with it] How do you like how that poo poo works?!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sorry for ruining the thread

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Sorry for ruining the thread

I'm afraid Dr Gonzo still posts and #ForzaFerrari is still a thing, so you can't ruin it

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Sorry for ruining the thread since 2007

Actually that was a vintage year for meltdowns, you've mellowed in your old forums age, you and El Hefe are literally Prost vs Senna the later years

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

pbuh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

djssniper posted:

Actually that was a vintage year for meltdowns, you've mellowed in your old forums age, you and El Hefe are literally Prost vs Senna the later years

Senna is dead though

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I'm afraid Dr Gonzo still posts and #ForzaFerrari is still a thing, so you can't ruin it

Nice
Meltdown

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I can't believe I didn't make this connection before but Zak Brown is literally Teddy Meyer lmao

McLaren ending up in a disorganized shambles and being left behind by everyone else with an American team principal.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I can't believe I didn't make this connection before but Zak Brown is literally Teddy Meyer lmao

McLaren ending up in a disorganized shambles and being left behind by everyone else with an American team principal.

Ron Dennis is a more apt metaphor considering he won a lot and then hosed everything up

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Bruh, too soon

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Zak Brown is a terrible team leader because he hasn’t worked out how to hide his unbearable ego and arrogance in the media like the rest of them.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Zak Brown is a terrible team leader because he isn't Ron

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://sniffpetrol.com/2018/10/08/ferrari-marks-11-years-of-disappointment/

lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Zak Brown is good as hell

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Say what you want about McLaren but they have the excuse that their motor isn't the best. Williams doesn't have that excuse. Williams: The Saddest Team in Formula 1

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Zak Brown is good as hell

Hell is bad, op. Read a bible sometime.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

I only read zines

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
why read about hell when you have this thread

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This thread is always good to make me feel better

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Goodspeed: [Holding VX nerve gas] Do you know how this poo poo works?
Capt. Darrow: [Holding his knife] Do you know how this poo poo works?! [flashes his knife] Come on, come on, I don't need the gun. I'll put it down, come on. Let's play! Come on, come on!
Goodspeed: Listen, I think we got off on the wrong foot. Stan Goodspeed, FBI. Uh, let's talk music. Do you like the Elton John song "Rocket Man"?
Darrow: I don't like soft-rear end poo poo!
Goodspeed: Oh, oh, you don't, OK. Well, I only bring it up because, uh... it's you. You're the rocket man! [he fires the rocket out the window, taking Darrow with it] How do you like how that poo poo works?!

:five:

Theophany posted:

True.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 18, 2018

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.racefans.net/2018/10/18/mclaren-announce-coca-cola-sponsorship-deal/

So McLaren signed on Coca-Cola to hawk Dasani & SmartWater (the worst loving bottled water on the market) for the remainder of the 2018 season. No idea if this deal carries forward into 2019 and I doubt it. Zak operates on the basis of money now worry later rather than Ron's "portfolio of prestigious partners".

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.racefans.net/2018/10/18/mclaren-announce-coca-cola-sponsorship-deal/

So McLaren signed on Coca-Cola to hawk Dasani & SmartWater (the worst loving bottled water on the market) for the remainder of the 2018 season. No idea if this deal carries forward into 2019 and I doubt it. Zak operates on the basis of money now worry later rather than Ron's "portfolio of prestigious partners".

Well, would you want your brand on the lovely orange jalopy pootling around in last place?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

I'd say Coke is a pretty prestigious partner... not specifically marketed to dumb rich fucks as a luxury good, but it's one of the few universally understood and recognized brands. PLUS... now they can make a Size "Coke Zero" car livery.

#SYNERGY

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Theophany posted:

Well, would you want your brand on the lovely orange jalopy pootling around in last place?

It's a dry run for probably not much moolah. If it generates some buzz then they have the chance to up it and go for bigger events and exposure next year and the years following.
Following that, McLaren is still somewhat prestigious. They're not Ferrari levels but they probably have more recognition behind them than Force India, Williams or Haas, aren't tied to a certain Energy Drinks company, aren't as expensive as Mercedes or anywhere near as expensive as Ferrari and McLaren probably have way more sex appeal than Renault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Schlesische posted:

It's a dry run for probably not much moolah. If it generates some buzz then they have the chance to up it and go for bigger events and exposure next year and the years following.
Following that, McLaren is still somewhat prestigious. They're not Ferrari levels but they probably have more recognition behind them than Force India, Williams or Haas, aren't tied to a certain Energy Drinks company, aren't as expensive as Mercedes or anywhere near as expensive as Ferrari and McLaren probably have way more sex appeal than Renault.

BETTER FUCKIN MAKE IT WORK, ZAK