Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The price of gold plummeted drastically in the past two weeks, and the NHL standings are in a tailspin as a result. The Flyers, a team known to be very hip to alternative currency, have swooped in on the strength of repeatedly parking their gold on the bench and in the minors; somehow, they are in position to win the Metro. God save us all.

The East

The West

Go Hockey. As the world, and specifically our forums, see themselves in the midst of destruction, make sure you join us in the Refugee Camp a.k.a the Discord.

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

In case anybody wondered why Nashville got involved in the Mark Letestu Edmonton/Columbus trade, from The Athletic:

quote:

The Blue Jackets couldn't acquire Mark Letestu directly from Edmonton, which wanted prospects in return, not picks. So they needed Nashville, who had a player the Oilers wanted (24-year-old forward Pontus Aberg) to step into the trade and make it a three-way.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

let us go the philadelphia flyers

all the way to a glorious 1st round exit :patriot:

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Devils v Panthers should be a good game tonight, both teams playing well. Devils winning would be keeping pace with the rest of the Metro. With Maroon, their lines in practice look loving deep:

Bratt-Hischier-Hall
Wood-Zacha-Palmieri
Grabner-Zajac-Noesen
Coleman-Boyle-Maroon

Replace Noesen with Gibbons and that is one of the most frustrating bottom sixes to play against in the league.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Namestnikov and Spooner will lead the Rangers to victory if only the Rangers could defense

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Aye Doc posted:

As the world, and specifically our forums, see themselves in the midst of destruction, make sure you join us in the Refugee Camp a.k.a the Discord.

Is this a thing? Like more than normal? I don't really pay attention to pan-forum drama.

So CAS, does everybody have their Stadium Series shirseys yet? With tickets STARTING at $145, that's as much of an investment as I was willing to make. They actually got really lucky with the timing of that game. If it had been scheduled for Friday, they'd have been stuck with 30 mph sustained winds and gusts above 50.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

let us go the philadelphia flyers

all the way to a glorious 1st round exit :patriot:

I think I might be cheering for Pittsburgh to win the metro so it can be Washington vs Philadelphia 1st round. Washington would be the favorite, but I think the Flyers could beat the Caps.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
just when I had been fooled into thinking the Bruins were managed competently

https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/969251244081602562

It's smart to scratch your fourth leading scorer in favor of an old man

yes, i realize they're probably just giving him a night of rest since they have the luxury down the stretch

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Duckman2008 posted:

I think I might be cheering for Pittsburgh to win the metro so it can be Washington vs Philadelphia 1st round. Washington would be the favorite, but I think the Flyers could beat the Caps.

Literally anybody in the east could beat the Caps in the playoffs this year, especially with Holtby posting a .908 on the season so far.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Devils v Panthers should be a good game tonight, both teams playing well. Devils winning would be keeping pace with the rest of the Metro. With Maroon, their lines in practice look loving deep:

Bratt-Hischier-Hall
Wood-Zacha-Palmieri
Grabner-Zajac-Noesen
Coleman-Boyle-Maroon

Replace Noesen with Gibbons and that is one of the most frustrating bottom sixes to play against in the league.

Looks like Cory is back tonight too. Florida is playing pretty well lately and actually has a decent chance at catching Columbus because they've played so few games, should be a good one.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Levitate posted:

Namestnikov and Spooner will lead the Rangers to victory if only the Rangers could defense

I'm still laughing at how appalling our defense is. It's truly a thing of wonder

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Man the Pacific is loving trash.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Jordan7hm posted:

Oh yeah? Oh YEAH?? Well...it's true!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just bought a deposit for 2 season tickets for Seattle's potential NHL team.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Habibi posted:

Oh yeah? Oh YEAH?? Well...it's true!

What do the Sharks lines even look like with Kane and if Jumbo comes back? I feel like they've barely existed this season but they're in the playoffs and the Pacific sucks so maybe another WCF.

seiferguy posted:

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
this quote has me extremely prepared to pass up on potential game breaking talent in favor of Good Locker Room Guys

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Wow, Namestikov is good. Rebuild: over

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

a false posted:

this quote has me extremely prepared to pass up on potential game breaking talent in favor of Good Locker Room Guys

Lol. can't wait to pass up on Zadina for Cayle Cuntley from Regina SK

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

seiferguy posted:

As did I (after swearing at Ticketmaster's site for about 10 minutes)!

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Otis Reddit posted:

Kylen Churdler of Flin Flon, MB is my pick

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

.Spec posted:

As did I (after swearing at Ticketmaster's site for about 10 minutes)!

Yeah I kept reloading on both my browser and phone, and finally my phone got through. No idea where the seats will be at but I got them!

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
actually the rangers love their good american boys so get ready for Galton Sprugson of Warroad, MN

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Coming off a breakout year (3 goals in 42 games) with the USNTDP, and committed to BC (Go Eagles baby :D ) here's a Youtube video of Dilden in the weight room at Lino Lakes' Gold's Gym. Solid, solid pick in the #4 spot for NYR -- he should be competing for a third/fourth line wing spot by 2023.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
next year is the year of good ole American boys and Ottawa winning the lottery with their deferred pick that sends https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeRUKpk4Ps0 to Colorado

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Yeah I kept reloading on both my browser and phone, and finally my phone got through. No idea where the seats will be at but I got them!

They're supposed to send out priority numbers in a few weeks which is your place in line for picking seats so for now the seats/sections on the tickets are placeholders AFAIK. I'm super stoked though. A wild number of my friends are also getting tickets so it could be confirmation bias but I have to believe selling 10k seats isn't going to be that difficult or take that long.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

If the Rangers McIlrath this draft I'm definitely picking another team to follow, leading candidate being the Preds

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Don't worry, the sting of the bust will be mitigated later that day when we trade Zucc for Brandon Sutter, a 24-year-old playing in the KHL, and a conditional second.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Wamsutta posted:

If the Rangers McIlrath this draft I'm definitely picking another team to follow, leading candidate being the Preds

The Preds are a team everyone should cheer for.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/sickunbelievabl/status/969236239445516288

quote:

“We need not take refuge in supernatural gods to explain our saints and sages and heroes and statesmen, as if to explain our disbelief that mere unaided human beings could be that good or wise.”

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

They take inspiration from the mighty ocean for which they are named

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ThinkTank posted:

They take inspiration from the mighty ocean for which they are named

Seattle expansion jerseys lookin good

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Gary Bettman lying.

https://youtu.be/5PKQ7AcFGEE

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

They'll never admit it. They'd face a mountain of law suits.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Those lawsuits are coming regardless.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

soggybagel posted:

Those lawsuits are coming regardless.

They are already in the midst of several large. It's pretty hard to win when you publicly admit the guys suing you were right. When everything gets settled they'll make some statement admitting that CTE is linked to traumatic head injuries in the sport after all and that they were just waiting for the science to be conclusive before they publicly commented. It's lovely, but they're a business and we permit pretty lax morals so long as there's money to be made.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Yeah they're gonna get a comeuppance over this at some point for sure.

^ Also what Thinktank said.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

This really needs to be in every NHL thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWyPU3BAQxw

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/NHLSeatt...25k-within-hour

Good lord

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Otis Reddit posted:

'Zadina' is one slang for 'rear end' in Russian, and Cayle Cuntley, well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

just when I had been fooled into thinking the Bruins were managed competently

https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/969251244081602562

It's smart to scratch your fourth leading scorer in favor of an old man

yes, i realize they're probably just giving him a night of rest since they have the luxury down the stretch

And the team leader in possession stats for a random plug!

Man, I know they want to rest guys for the stretch run and work the new guys into the lineup, but why scratch good players tonight against Pittsburgh? Why not play the best possible team, then shift the lineup around on Saturday against Montreal?

Man, every time I think Sweeney's actually good at his job :negative:

• Locked thread