Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Yikes, how much did the promo tonight undo the decent one last week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I highly doubt that Cena will be in the WWE Championship match, if only because I have latched on to the idea that I am getting Shinsuke vs AJ at Wrestlemania and I'm clinging desperately to that idea.

I can't fathom Cena's record-breaking title win coming in a B-show multiman match he was inserted into twelve days prior. WWE definitely doesn't hold Flair's record on the same level as, say, Taker's Mania streak, but it's not just there either. It's something that just feels has to happen at a Summerslam or Wrestlemania.

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider's Mike Johnson says WWE's talking about bringing Del Rio back. Again.

Third time's the charm, perro.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gavok posted:

The answer's been in front of them all this time. Just bring back Roman's skull mask.

Rename him Immortan Reigns, he comes out riding atop a V-8 demolition derby car while someone plays a flame spewing guitar during his entrance.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Wazzu posted:

Do they seriously not realise Roman has many positive qualities, but his biggest problem is not projecting empathy/sympathy? Like he's good and I enjoy watching him, but I don't like Roman. Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, AJ Styles to a lesser extent, the fans actually like them and want them to succeed. If we already liked him, this plotline would probably work great, but we don't.

Honestly, I think it might be a problem that extends beyond the poo poo writing into the person. There's those videos/pictures/personal accounts of Roman flipping out and angrily yelling and swearing at crowds post show when the cameras are off after his initial big face push a few years ago for booing him when he's supposed to be a good guy. The interviews he's done where he's basically said :dealwithit: when asked questions about the crowd's reaction to his mega face push. The tweets where he rips videos of fans being interviewed saying they don't like him essentially calling them losers. Joe Anoa'i the guy seems like he has more than a bit of 'entitled prick' to his personality, and if that's your actual personality sometimes the acting that comes with projecting empathy/sympathy doesn't come easy if you're not a decent thespian.

Conversely Cena's been booed and ripped for years and has always taken it in stride. I don't recall any instances of him ever just outright losing his temper with the crowd and verbally berating them for this. He's always generally been pretty happy-go-lucky with it, rolling with the punches and sometimes ad-libbing the response he knows he's going to get and making something amusing out of it.

Him actually being a good dude in real life fully committed to Make A Wish to an above-and-beyond degree goes a long way too.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Abroham Lincoln posted:

205 Live is looking real good

The Powerpoint presentations have become self-aware and taken over! :aaa:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Writer Cath posted:

I wish they would make heel Bayley be Crow Bayley.

But she still can’t bring herself to use anything other than a Nerf foam bat :3:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
So now that that’s over with, what’s Braun’s Mania storyline/match gonna be?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Dr. Baker posted:

Somebody book Seth Rollins vs. Shane on a house show so Shane can miss Mania.

For One Night Only the Buckle Bomb is back, baby!

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

After fighting to the outside, Sami spotted Shane McMahon sitting at ringside and got furious at him for enjoying watching two friends fight. As they were arguing, Kevin tried to superkick Sami in the back of the head, but Sami dived to the side and it hit Shane instead. Kevin and Sami kept fighting, Kevin managed to get Sami down and covered him but after a count of two the ref was hauled out by Shane. As Kevin argued with Shane, Sami took out Kevin and Shane encouraged him to cover him, so Sami did... and Shane hauled Sami off of Kevin.

Corey was enraged, even Byron looked pissed, and after the match was over the camera focused on Shane looking smug over Sami and Kevin's bodies while AJ celebrated in the background inside the ring. He then went on Talking Smack and said that Daniel Bryan's actions were becoming frustrating to have to deal with, babbled for so long that Renee had to cut him off, and made a passive aggressive snipe before walking out of the studio.

All of the above you would think HAS to mean he is a heel, right?

RIGHT!?!

The entire storyline feels like it logically should be coming to a head this Tuesday where Bryan calls out Shane for being a huge hypocrite, needlessly dragging out his feud with Owens & Sami by stirring the pot with them, and his continued singling out of them reeks of what HHH & Steph did to him and what Vince did to Austin. Shane then finally completes his turn by going full VInce and stripping Bryan of his authority or firing him in anger.

Orrr....we can just keep him face and have that match with Dolph. Something something steal the show something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
One step closer to that Bray/Matt tag team.

• Locked thread