Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Actually capitalism owns bones and democracy has proven that the common man is completely incapable of having any degree of responsibility over anyone else's life.

:synpa: shooting the OP for being a commie bastard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

communism sucks

says the dude with the megg mogg and owl avatar. thats just proof u aint got any taste, innit bruv

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Like I still think its funny that anybody would want joe schmoe to have any more power than he already does. Unless your planned society plans on throwing the incompetant and lazy into a pit of rats, it will be no better than capitalism. The retard that voted for trump will not become less retarded because he now owns his own machining tools.

You will however ignore this fact and continue to post stupid bullshit in this thread and I will have to see it clog up my GBS first page. Which is unacceptable and further drives me into believing that the common man deserves to be put into a matrix like machine to be less of a bother. The real answer was solved by the Greeks long ago with the concept of aristocracy, the trouble is sorting out the wheat from the chaff. Once we figure out how to determine who the nobility and peasants are in an infallible manner, all economic debate of the past 2500 years will have been a great disastrous waste.

pap smear fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 7, 2018

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

myDad posted:

China is communist & they are very successful

I can say this when their success is raised, and say they're really state capitalists when bad things are being discussed

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

pap smear posted:

Like I still think its funny that anybody would want joe schmoe to have any more power than he already does. Unless your planned society plans on throwing the incompetant and lazy into a pit of rats, it will be no better than capitalism. The retard that voted for trump will not become less retarded because he now owns his own machining tools.

You will however ignore this fact and continue to post stupid bullshit in this thread and I will have to see it clog up my GBS first page. Which is unacceptable and further drives me into believing that the common man deserves to be put into a matrix like machine to be less of a bother. The real answer was solved by the Greeks long ago with the concept of aristocracy, the trouble is sorting out the wheat from the chaff. Once we figure out how to determine who the nobility and peasants are in an infallible manner, all economic debate of the past 2500 years will have been a great disastrous waste.

I bet you imagine yourself as being part of this new enlightened aristocracy despite being a computer janitor.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Democracy has failed and so did capitalism. Juche is de only way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
silicon valley demonstrates very nicely that the highly educated turbo nerds are incredibly eager to be exploited by corporations

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

pap smear posted:

the common man is completely incapable of having any degree of responsibility over anyone else's life.

A very good argument against private corporations.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

something awful dot com!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

says the dude with the megg mogg and owl avatar. thats just proof u aint got any taste, innit bruv

someone bought me it it used to be a buttface

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

morally adept posted:

I bet you imagine yourself as being part of this new enlightened aristocracy despite being a computer janitor.

You're loving stupid if you think classes don't have a real presence in biology. You are not on the level of Otto von Bismarck, Bill Gates or Grace Hopper. You are a plebian, a biological mundanity. You will not be able to take advantage of the resources that a proper elite would, and it would be a philosophical crime to pretend you and the billions like you deserve the same resources.

Also I imagine myself in a lab to be cannibalized in research as a neurological abnormality.

steinrokkan posted:

A very good argument against private corporations.

Except in the current system, we are capable of occasionally allocating proper resources to proper elites, rather than dragging them through the mud with the common swine.

The real solution is to find out how to achieve 100% accuracy instead of pretending like Marx's reversion to tribalism is a good idea.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

pap smear posted:

Also I imagine myself in a lab to be cannibalized in research as a neurological abnormality.

Don't worry, lovely edgelord posts aren't a disease, they are a choice.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Some people are better than other people.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

satanic splash-back posted:

for example, me

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
Amazon keeps exploiting me by shipping anything in the world I want to my house for very cheap. hosed up IMO

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Magnitogorsk. posted:

Amazon keeps exploiting me by shipping anything in the world I want to my house for very cheap. hosed up IMO

Agreed, it's great that other businesses are going bankrupt, and that competition is being eliminated from the market, it is not important for capitalism after all.

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

Don't worry, lovely edgelord posts aren't a disease, they are a choice.

I assure you that your posts are actually blightful plague and you can't help it.

pap smear fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 7, 2018

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

pap smear posted:

The real solution is to find out how to achieve 100% accuracy instead of pretending like Marx's reversion to tribalism is a good idea.

Whoa i didnt read marx's work on anarcho primitivism which chapter was that

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Former DILF posted:

Whoa i didnt read marx's work on anarcho primitivism which chapter was that

Community based ownership is the foundation of tribalism.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

lol :rolleyes:

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Here we have a gathering of your average communists. Notice the crotch bong, as communists are also notorious degenerates addicted to weed.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Sweet, another thread full of people who benefit from capitalism complaining about capitalism.

Edit: I mean, yah, there are people suffering as well, but not you all. You had enough discretionary income to buy a forums account, after all :grin:

central dogma fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 7, 2018

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

steinrokkan posted:

Agreed, it's great that other businesses are going bankrupt, and that competition is being eliminated from the market, it is not important for capitalism after all.

Yes, providing a service so good that it drives out competition is certainly a horrible failure of capitalism.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Huskalator posted:

Yes, providing a service so good that it drives out competition is certainly a horrible failure of capitalism.

Do you have any other nuggets of wisdom youd like to share that didn't make it into the toilet?

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

Do you have any other nuggets of wisdom youd like to share that didn't make it into the toilet?

You seem mad

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Actually I think you'll find common ownership was the basis for complex human society and that barter only emerges after complex economies collapse, just read Graeber's Debt: the first 5000 years

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Can I safely add anyone with a "trump lover" avatar to my ignore list? Is it 100% predictive of lovely opinions, or are those avatars handed out like candy, Dumph loving or not?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's a default stupid newbie avatar hth

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
if it wasn't for human nature and reality, communism would be awesome.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

good thread

Loky11 posted:

if it wasn't for human nature and reality, capitalism would be awesome.

agreedo

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Capitalism was created by sugar and i like sugar so idk

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

if humans are naturally incapable of working together why not just nuke everything and call it a day

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

pap smear posted:

Here we have a gathering of your average communists. Notice the crotch bong, as communists are also notorious degenerates addicted to weed.

these guys are extremely rad, also they gently caress

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
they also push their balls into their stomach so it doesnt slap when they run around - TRY IT!

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

anonumos posted:

Can I safely add anyone with a "trump lover" avatar to my ignore list? Is it 100% predictive of lovely opinions, or are those avatars handed out like candy, Dumph loving or not?

It is righteous and good to hide from points of view that make you uncomfortable.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

I have a giant honkin wiener but where’s my millions?!?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Magnitogorsk. posted:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5004230/amazon-warehouse-working-conditions/

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I thought this thread was just about posting stupid products that people buy for some reason

Man am I disappointed

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lol, there were people in their 60s to 70s keeping up with things when I worked for Amazon. It's not that hard of a job unless you think you're above manual labor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Myself

• Locked thread