Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I was in Berlin this year during the heatwave and it felt good to me, humidity was low and temperature wise it was very similar to home. I think I want to live in southern Europe somewhere where the summers are more likely to be like that, I can deal with heat but I hate humidity so I think I'd want to be inland from the sea. Bikes are cool and I really liked how European cities handle them compared to home. I'm a programmer who only speaks english.

I haven't looked into it because I don't have the money to move to quite literally the opposite side of the world, but if I could I'd live somewhere I can get a job and has the weather I like. No idea how I'd handle the snow, winters here are shorts and hoody weather till a few hours after dark. I've seen snow once and there were German dudes there skiing shirtless so like, it was't cold cold.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

knox_harrington posted:

In the spirit of recommending where you already live, Lausanne in western Switzerland is pretty great. It's a big enough city that there's plenty going on, the setting on Lake Geneva with the Alps in the background is stunning, and while you're close to France it's still an hour away from loads of great places to ski.

Awesome in the summer too with the lake, easy access to nice countryside and the mountains. Not in any way cheap but it does say "if you could afford it"

View from the woods behind my place

whats your cost of living if you dont mind me asking?