Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
One home near Park City, Utah in the mountains and one on Maui’s north shore. Condo in the Côte d’Azure.

Denver if I’m not THAT rich, or Calgary or Vancouver if I could go back to Canada.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Florida is honestly fine.

Hicks but also metropolises and easy access to beaches.

Yeah, it isn't perfect but lol at people who whine about how bad it is. Cosmopolitan humid beach Kansas is still 10000000x better than regular Kansas.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm not even rendering deserved judgement on the florida populace, it's that I've lived in SC forever and the thought of going someplace where the weather is the same, but more, gives me the skin crawls.

Coming from Texas, I'm 50/50 on Florida weather. You get even longer sweltering summers and the gulf coast is the only bit that has anything akin to winter, but otoh, you get good ocean breezes and plenty of cooler, cloudy days. Back home, it's just six to nine months of blazing cloudless heat and a ten-hour drive to anywhere with water.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Seriously if you are independently wealthy and want mediterranean Europe then go for southern France you imbecile. There's a modicum of stability and you can at least pretend your vastly underpaid taxes are going to social benefits, plus you can schmooze with loads of world's most influential rich folk, and there's still plenty of organized crime.

On top of that, unlike those others, you're not just on the Mediterranean but within super quick travel of like six wildly different local cuisines, excellent beers, excellent wines, and excellent liquor, have easy access to all kinds of outdoors from pristine beautiful beaches to godawful tourist trap beaches to playgrounds of the rich and famous to scenic day hikes to great skiing to brutal mountaineering to Paris and Madrid and Rome and Vienna.

Like seriously if you want to be Trump but pretend you're Lenin, hit up southern France

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 8, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BarbarianElephant posted:

Might as well sell the NYC apartment then.

A REAL rich guy would rent it out

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
South Florida is great assuming you’re wealthy and retired so don’t have to worry about red state healthcare and employment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The season passes are actually pretty reasonable if you live close enough to make use. Of course half the fun of disney as a grown up is the food and booze and that’s still Theme Park Priced.