Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Knobb Manwich posted:

In all seriousness whoever designed the crafting system for this game is a loving idiot.

e: pay 10 gold dust to get the trait you want. Open X chests at a time.

[stroking beard Fatsharkly] That's good poo poo, but put an arbitrary inventory limit in there so they waste even more time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

So i'm beginning to think that the athel map is currently bugged with the AI director because we've tried it 4 times on legend now and every time the special spawn rate has been through the roof--literally 3 specials up at ALL times. I was elf so i tried to kill all the specials that spawned and i literally could not kill them fast enough before another one would spawn. I'm guessing the AI director is having a problem with the map size so it thinks everyone is split up hence it's spawning specials non stop to kill players the players it thinks are split up.

Our legend runs now go from 1-2 great easy runs to 5+ poo poo shows of endless hordes and roaming elites. We've instituted a new rule where we do not move forward until we've killed all the roaming/ambient elites after we had 12 berzerkers appear from no where. I don't know who thought it was a great decision to have wandering ambients be all zerks because that's not fun at all when you're dealing with 7-8 loving CW's because hey we'll just change every marauder spawn to an elite that will work! My friend who usually has a death grip on hosting is actually considering letting me host because my CPU is worse than his because its clearly tied to CPU.

6 minutes into athel at the first chest we had a stormfiend, a horde that had started at the circle log and just never stopped, 24 specials killed and when we finally wiped there was 3 specials up.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Arghy posted:

So i'm beginning to think that the athel map is currently bugged with the AI director because we've tried it 4 times on legend now and every time the special spawn rate has been through the roof--literally 3 specials up at ALL times. I was elf so i tried to kill all the specials that spawned and i literally could not kill them fast enough before another one would spawn. I'm guessing the AI director is having a problem with the map size so it thinks everyone is split up hence it's spawning specials non stop to kill players the players it thinks are split up.

Our legend runs now go from 1-2 great easy runs to 5+ poo poo shows of endless hordes and roaming elites. We've instituted a new rule where we do not move forward until we've killed all the roaming/ambient elites after we had 12 berzerkers appear from no where. I don't know who thought it was a great decision to have wandering ambients be all zerks because that's not fun at all when you're dealing with 7-8 loving CW's because hey we'll just change every marauder spawn to an elite that will work! My friend who usually has a death grip on hosting is actually considering letting me host because my CPU is worse than his because its clearly tied to CPU.

6 minutes into athel at the first chest we had a stormfiend, a horde that had started at the circle log and just never stopped, 24 specials killed and when we finally wiped there was 3 specials up.

They’ve had a bug more than once where deed modifiers get applied to normal games and it wouldn’t surprise me if they undid their fix for it again.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
bah, i was hoping the axe/shield heavy loop was the shield slam and sideways slash, for horde work. instead it's one shield slam, then sideways and overhead loop. guess it would supplant the 2handers if it did that, but at least the drakegun being sick as all hell is a reliable mob cleaner

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Balance beta has gone live.

e: seeing mercenary and iron breaker cooldowns reduced to 120 from 180 is nice as hell. Might actually use them instead of saving them for emergencies.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 19, 2018

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Knobb Manwich posted:

Balance beta has gone live.

e: seeing mercenary and iron breaker cooldowns reduced to 120 from 180 is nice as hell. Might actually use them instead of saving them for emergencies.

Ive been a big Kruber fan but never much for Merc, specifically because the combination of a 3 minute cooldown + the ability to rez people with it, made me hold on to my ult for ages. Couldn't pop it just to knockback some rats, what if someone goes down in a lovely spot and now you can't yell them on their feet?

I played him a bunch in Beta with halberd and Exe sword and his whole kit just feels more put-together now. Some extra healing%, cooldown reduction on items, health on cleave. Now you can live off temphealth and keep yelling in rats' faces to give people breathing room. It's pretty nice. Add a WHC to your group and you can take turns yelling at rats constantly. If you just grab the 30% reduction talent it comes up again very fast and is ideal for interrupting spawns and staggering champs out of their windups.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Fishstick posted:

Ive been a big Kruber fan but never much for Merc, specifically because the combination of a 3 minute cooldown + the ability to rez people with it, made me hold on to my ult for ages. Couldn't pop it just to knockback some rats, what if someone goes down in a lovely spot and now you can't yell them on their feet?

I played him a bunch in Beta with halberd and Exe sword and his whole kit just feels more put-together now. Some extra healing%, cooldown reduction on items, health on cleave. Now you can live off temphealth and keep yelling in rats' faces to give people breathing room. It's pretty nice. Add a WHC to your group and you can take turns yelling at rats constantly. If you just grab the 30% reduction talent it comes up again very fast and is ideal for interrupting spawns and staggering champs out of their windups.

Despite some absolutely insane changes they made, this patch is in general a force for good.

Mostly for the elf, but for everyone else too.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

According to these patch notes, drakefire pistols still do armor damage, just not the charge attack which seems reasonable. I also never noticed the Ranger change where consumables have a chance to not be used up, time to doomdwarf it up.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

According to these patch notes, drakefire pistols still do armor damage, just not the charge attack which seems reasonable. I also never noticed the Ranger change where consumables have a chance to not be used up, time to doomdwarf it up.

Arghy talks about it earlier, but there's a hilarious ranger bardin build around being the healshare bitch with the rest of the party running NB. And everyone throwing bombs all the time and never running out of ammo.

I've played with him doing it, it's great.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

QP should be changed to just add modifiers because proper team comp makes the run so much smoother. Having 2 people being dedicated grim holders playing tanky classes is awesome but almost impossible to do with QP. Good luck trying to convince some rando in the keep to change their class/loadout considering the majority of the people i've played with refuse to play other classes.

The medic build of dupe+share is pretty much mandatory and works so loving well with the rest of the team running NB and temp health. I did a medic FK last night and holy crap the increased health and damage reduction means the lack of temp health isn't a big deal. Everyone else was rocking NB so they actually had to shoot me a few times so i could top myself off to trigger healshare. It's also amazing mid fight when people go down and are on white health because you can trigger healshare ensuring everyone can now go down again without getting killed. The best classes for medic is gonna be the merc and ranger to the point that i'm likely going to only be those for legend runs if no one else does it.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
So I haven't played the game in a couple months now, though I've still been lurking the thread. Now that the beta is live, I may come back. What's the final word on the mage, with this patch? I know a lot of people were saying she got nerfed so hard she's essentially useless, now; that still the case, or did Fatshark backpedal at all?

If they did, it would be a first...

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Pyro took a decent nerf but is still useable. BW and unchained are good. BW especially feels a lot better if you're using a staff that charges up an attack.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Sienna is fine, you no longer want to murder everything at max range anymore since temp health is tied to melee. My friend is leveling up his sienna from scratch and he normally plays BH/zealot and he's loving it.

Its only going to be hard if you were one of those people allergic to melee.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Melee was a bit dicier before dodging was fixed and made more consistent, to be fair.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Pyro ate an entire raft of poo poo and is "usable" in the sense that selecting her will not format your install drive, but no longer does anything the other two mages can't do better and is now tied with BH for "most superfluous class in the new design." The other two mages are really really good, though, mostly because the Natural Bond and healshare changes plus the dodge changes combined with Unchained's kit and BW's block cost talent respectively mean they're low-key the best tanks in the game short of an Ironbreaker with a shield.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Holy gently caress needed 2 maps to complete all of krubers champ stuff so i hosted them with the bots but i forget it was live. I told them i was running medic build and then explained to them what healshare ment but no, loving pubs won't listen. I'm just loving baffled that people can DL a patch and not read the loving notes--not even a quick once over to see the changes? How about looking at your talent tree to see if anything changed? Oh that's too much to ask i guess?

Gonna finish the elfs champion achievements so at least i won't need to deal with live elf players.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

You weirdo. Sometimes people just want to punch a rat and not dedicate whole minutes of their life to theory crafting the best rat punching teams.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Just lol at expecting pubs to read patchnotes or choose the right role like this an mmo raid.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
people who think about this game don't play champion, which is why legend and mental illness is the apotheosis of every Rat Fighting Gamer.

also champion is easy with everyone, so just do whatever and gently caress the healshare gimmick.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Your complaints seem so quaint compared to being called the n word and the f word and being told to go back to Destiny 2 for grabbing a grim.

Because that makes me a lootwhore and the REAL point of vermintide 2 is to kill rats, not get loot.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Thinkin about those rats...

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

It's not choosing the role like an MMO its understanding chugging a healing potion for yourself instead of giving it to the guy who has a chance of duping it and also heals the whole team is likely going to be a better option. Some of them had the healshare talent because they didn't even realize temp health has changed so they weren't getting temp health.

It's not fun to play with terrible people because you'll end up carrying them, you basically subsidize their horrible behavior.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I mean.... I didn't play the Beta at all since I was taking an extended break from the game. I imagine when I come back, I'll be godawful for a few games too.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

God drat it Backhand, some poor internet person will have to carry you and subsidise your horrible behaviour.

Haha they have a load screen tip to not ALT + F4 out of the keep, otherwise you might lose recent quest & challenge progress.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Crit repeater blast does like 70% warrior health I think. I think Bounty still as a niche.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Flamethrower I thought was super viable but underutilized before and now its death on stubby legs.

Specifically before you would eventually run out of breathing space using it and the swarm would overrun your chokepoint, now with the increased charge speed and damage done the 30 feet in front of you become a no mans land death guantlet that only stormvermin and warriors can survive more than two ticks of. You'll start red overheating before any part of the swarm can touch you.

And the movement speed drop not kicking in until you start firing means you can prepare full blasts and wheel around where you are needed way faster, you can always cover the teams flank.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 20, 2018

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I want to like the great axe it's just that it's utterly poo poo for hordes, and I can't rely on teammates to do things like protect me, avoid jumping in front of my flame thrower or not run off during a horde to go res a dead player. Why do players keep doing this? Together we can kill everything. Lets split up!!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Knobb Manwich posted:

I want to like the great axe it's just that it's utterly poo poo for hordes, and I can't rely on teammates to do things like protect me, avoid jumping in front of my flame thrower or not run off during a horde to go res a dead player. Why do players keep doing this? Together we can kill everything. Lets split up!!!

The charge on great axe is what i do for hordes, keep backing up and doing light charges for the increased cleave.

Its kind of like a dance, but it still requires more awareness than the hammers charge swing or the pickaxes huge light attack arc.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008
The 2-hand axe is also super fun for taking chunks out of boss health and having honorable one-shot duels with hook rats. Highly recommended.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

Pyro ate an entire raft of poo poo and is "usable" in the sense that selecting her will not format your install drive, but no longer does anything the other two mages can't do better and is now tied with BH for "most superfluous class in the new design." The other two mages are really really good, though, mostly because the Natural Bond and healshare changes plus the dodge changes combined with Unchained's kit and BW's block cost talent respectively mean they're low-key the best tanks in the game short of an Ironbreaker with a shield.

Haven't played since the patch hit, but I'm a bit bummed out because I'd kind of settled on Pyro as my main. It's just exhilarating the way you have to frantically switch between beam, shotgun, and melee. You're a god of destruction while also constantly walking on a tightrope. If it's true that shotgun no longer gives you temp health, it's over, she's useless.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Yeah I should've clarified I was more frustrated I couldn't really protect myself with the great axe from a horde and I'd get mulched, and how commonly other players were just abandoning me for no reason in Legendary.

While we're in this scary, post balance beta world, what talents and equipment focusing on for Iron Breaker for legendary? Also, was there a discord where the theory crafting nerds go to so I can shamelessly leech off them learn?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Drakegun can now take out packmasters before they get to you

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Drakegun can now take out packmasters before they get to you

I always loved the drakegun i hope they don't change this--remember to put barrage on it and enjoy your free 25% power boost.

Knobb Manwich posted:

Yeah I should've clarified I was more frustrated I couldn't really protect myself with the great axe from a horde and I'd get mulched, and how commonly other players were just abandoning me for no reason in Legendary.

While we're in this scary, post balance beta world, what talents and equipment focusing on for Iron Breaker for legendary? Also, was there a discord where the theory crafting nerds go to so I can shamelessly leech off them learn?

Great axe can work in legend but generally you want a weapon that can 1 shot SV which the great axe has a hard time doing. Warpick with 5% attack speed is generally a better option with its charged attack and amazing cleave but 2h hammer can work too since its light attack has a higher damage. Before bringing any weapon on legend test it on the SV dummies, you should be able to do 36 damage to them because you'll never be able to reliably 1 shot CW's and you can usually deal with everything else. It's extremely common to be fighting 5+ SV at once just from ambient spawns so being able to quickly take them out is the difference between thinning them out or getting overwhelmed.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Hahaha this game. It just killed me outright while I was walking along on skittergate. No deed, on half health, no wounds, gromril armour up, just lagged a little bit then dropped dead while walking. Good game.

And then one of the other guys got himself owned right in front of a patrol's path like ten seconds later. :allears:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Arghy posted:

I always loved the drakegun i hope they don't change this--remember to put barrage on it and enjoy your free 25% power boost.

Great axe can work in legend but generally you want a weapon that can 1 shot SV which the great axe has a hard time doing. Warpick with 5% attack speed is generally a better option with its charged attack and amazing cleave but 2h hammer can work too since its light attack has a higher damage. Before bringing any weapon on legend test it on the SV dummies, you should be able to do 36 damage to them because you'll never be able to reliably 1 shot CW's and you can usually deal with everything else. It's extremely common to be fighting 5+ SV at once just from ambient spawns so being able to quickly take them out is the difference between thinning them out or getting overwhelmed.

That barrage tip is pretty good. Also the warpick charges faster than I thought, I thought you had to wait for the charge animation to switch to overhand, but it's just a little bit after he draws back. Just got to do the drakegun with a semi-competent group that actually protected me, it was pretty fun. Start firing, can't see poo poo, when it all clears there's just an empty space where a horde used to be.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Knobb Manwich posted:

Also, was there a discord where the theory crafting nerds go to so I can shamelessly leech off them learn?

if nothing else, the cat pictures are consistently on point

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
The cat pictures are wonderful and please join the server to mostly enjoy them

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Knobb Manwich posted:

Hahaha this game. It just killed me outright while I was walking along on skittergate. No deed, on half health, no wounds, gromril armour up, just lagged a little bit then dropped dead while walking. Good game.

And then one of the other guys got himself owned right in front of a patrol's path like ten seconds later. :allears:

This is an old bug related to latency and fall damage. It actually happened in WoW back in the day, and a reverse version of it used to happen in Everquest. I'm sure there are other games with the same problem.

Basically the game doesn't know where you are all the time. If the server reads you as WAY UP HIGH and then SUDDENLY MUCH LOWER - as happens several times on Skittergate - it assumes you've tumbled to your death and applies a comedic amount of falling damage. This can even happen several moments after you land, walking cooly along.

I'm sure there are ways to fix it but I think I've had some variant of this bug hit me in almost any mplayer game that includes fall damage.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Cheers.

Mendrian posted:

This is an old bug related to latency and fall damage. It actually happened in WoW back in the day, and a reverse version of it used to happen in Everquest. I'm sure there are other games with the same problem.

Basically the game doesn't know where you are all the time. If the server reads you as WAY UP HIGH and then SUDDENLY MUCH LOWER - as happens several times on Skittergate - it assumes you've tumbled to your death and applies a comedic amount of falling damage. This can even happen several moments after you land, walking cooly along.

I'm sure there are ways to fix it but I think I've had some variant of this bug hit me in almost any mplayer game that includes fall damage.

it was 10-15 seconds after I jumped down from the small ledge, near the broken ships. It's happened before on Fort, where you jump down from the rocks. I got to the ammo crate at the gate and just flopped.

Yeah pickaxe/drakegun is hella fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It happened to me on Righteous Stand once. I just walked through a doorway and dropped dead out of nowhere. I wasn't doing anything special at the time. Naturally, I was carrying a grim.