Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Redundant posted:

I don't mind looking at the terrain to figure out where hordes will spawn in from, I can't be bothered to learn patrol spawn points/routes or whatever else. That sounds tedious.

Memorize patrol spawn points? I didn't know there were set locations they spawn.

I figure they just randomly appear anywhere since they march around and tend to make a lot of noise so everyone can usually hear them before getting line of sight but it makes sense they would have their own spawn locations. I guess I thought it was anywhere outside of the map and they climbed in from one of the thousands of same places hordes do and you bumpped into them on the way to the finish line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Can I get some pro tips on ways to effectively play Salty Zealot?

Also is it better to go with the falchion or flail? I feel like fal is better for WHC and BH.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Two things I noticed playing Sienna.

1. Her flame sword sizzles when it cuts rats. Like water touching a hot element and drat that is a loving sweet bit of sound design. How can anyone hate this weapon?

2. She has the best dialogue with Saltzpyre of any of the five.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

Its aesthetics are superb, I'll admit that 8 days outta the week, but if you're confused why folk hate on it you haven't gotten to know the longsword and/or dagger's attack patterns well enough.

I'll try those two out. I've just progressed from using Sauron Mace to the fire sword and got hooked on the sounds it makes. The cool fire claw she does every second hard swing is fun even though the weapon it's pretty shoddy against armor overall.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Knobb Manwich posted:

Is there much of a problem with going into Champion games with gear at level 120-ish? Veteran is killing me slowly with poor team work, dudes running half a mile out of their way to kill that rat over there or shooting the guy I'm literally swinging at just to get that sweet sweet scoreboard tally.

Try jumping into Discord and kill ratties with Goons who are a little more restrained when it comes to their desire for the glorious green circles.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Anyone getting Saltzpyre voice lines in their games that don't have anybody playing Saltzpyre?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unlocked a fire dagger for Hot Auntie and I'll concede that it's a much better weapon than the fire sword. It's got all the cool aesthetics of the sword but it's faster and more stabby.

I've yet to get a longsword though, so still haven't gotten a chance to use it, but if it's not on fire, what's the point?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Digirat posted:

Just craft one, it’s miles better than the fire sword and letter opener

Oh is that just the standard sword you can forge right off the bat?

I thought she had access to an actual long sword?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I dont know posted:

It's the standard sword. People just refer to it as the long sword (or 1-hand sword) to distinguish it from the fire sword. Fire Grandma only has 4 melee weapons.

Oh ok. Well, it's real hard for my brain to get over the idea of a sword that isn't on fire being better than a sword or even a knife that's on fire, but I'll give it a whirl.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ratoslov posted:

It's my favorite voice clip of her's. It's like the only time you hear her actually be happy about anything.

She seems genuinely stoked when Sienna is burning the poo poo out of things.

"YES! MORE FIRE! MORE FLAME!!"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

If they cut down on the mayfly/lumberfoot spam, and remove some of the worst schoolyard lines (I'm the heroine of this tale etc.), she could actually become a tolerable character in due time.

No thanks, lumberfoot.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

The good part is with the type of player that mains elf you know she will get her comeuppance sooner or later

She already has. It's being grouped into the Mayfly Five during the End Times.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

FatShark seems unused to communicating with its player base.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

SuperKlaus posted:

Friend, do as I have and embrace the mace. Observe its qualities here and trust to more than goodfeels: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RDYFEJvotNAve7gcD7cj_dhukuxDK8BaDOAwpYtGlQc/edit#gid=1130245221

For horde work, 3 sweeping light attacks with better cleave and stagger than the Sword and different damage; more to first guy, less to later guy. Or, better, heavy attacks with the same raw damage as the Sword, and not much less cleave, but with plenty of stagger. You can also actually kill Stormvermin with this thing via the heavy bop, which is the same damage readout as a 2h Hammer hit. The heavy bop probably comes with a DoT too but nobody knows what it does precisely and it probably adds little.

It is slower than the Sword and that's a fact but that is well traded for not being rear end versus armored targets and carrying all that stagger (note: spreadsheet does not prove stagger so I have to goodfeels this at you, but...I believe it). I also prefer its attack patterns; you can easily get around the heavy combo leading with bop by doing push attack and then chaining heavies forever, or when you are a bit panicked and need guys off you three wide sweeping light attacks with great stagger await you before block cancel comes into play. I believe you said you're playing Unchained, hence the desire for fire? You'll have plenty of stamina to push-strike courtesy of the Stamina Regen On Heavies talent.

I can't bear to be an Unchained whose weapon isn't ~*LIT*~ either, so the most important thing to you and me both - it's still on fire. In fact as an Unchained with it you cosplay Sauron from the famous movie opening of Fellowship of the Ring.

Melee weapons apply one core damage modifier normally and a different one when they crit and that is why critting allows "non-AP" attacks to hurt Armored. Presumably ranged weapons operate the same way.

As if I needed any more convincing that the Sauron Mace is an excellent Sienna weapon but this pretty much cauterizes the deal.

I don't know why the game deems me unworthy of anything other than the Feeble Mace though. I'd like one of the other skins.

On the topic of her weapons, if the fire swords only had a good over head chop like her longsword does, instead of a stab I could see it being better and very useful versus armor. Even her dagger is better at opening cans. And now that I've used her coldsword more, I don't really desire her fire claw attack at all and would just prefer a wide horizontal left to right sweep for crowd control.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Can someone confirm for me that Pyromancer level 10 talent "Dissipate" works if you're not the one holding the grimoire? Or even if it works at all? Seems like 100% faster overcharge decay speed is a lot slower than I expect it to be if it's working right.

Phlegmish posted:

What would you do if you were a Blightstormer

Storm me up a hot muculant bath and a couple of demonettes of Slaanesh, probably

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 4, 2018

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm convinced there are no other Maces for Sienna other than the Feeble Mace because I have never opened a chest with one in it that wasn't a Feeble.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Perestroika posted:

I call this piece "Pubby Elves". One guess who was carrying the remaining grim after we already lost on in the bossfight.

https://my.mixtape.moe/kmrchy.mp4

:discourse:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Digirat posted:

Hook rats are in the weird health category that fatshark made to explicitly gently caress shotguns and nothing else, so you unfortunately have to get used to shotguns only really being able to finish them off

On the plus side, it will make you very good at side dodging hooks since you’ll often have no choice but to melee them

It feels like their health fucks with more than just Doom Dwarfs shotgun.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What's everyone's ideal Unchained trait and gear set up? I've decided I can't play any other Hot Auntie class anymore, it's Unchained from here on out. Goodbye Burning Head.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If I wasn't part of Beta before release, then I can't just jump into Beta now can I? I'd like to try some of these changes you guys keep talking about.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Waiting for the mod mode that lets us play as the bad ratties and football players against a team of pubbie adventurers.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Coolguye posted:

perspective, of course, being that i met 7 good friends and 3 girlfriends out of the countless hundreds of games of l4d2 i played. my success rate was definitely less than 1%. but when compared to the array of racial and sexual slurs i've been called in vermintide (in front of other goons, no less) the difference is stark.

Left 4 Dead? More like Left 4 Head.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 9, 2018

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I love the elf but one of the best dang things about playing as Hot Auntie is when you rescue Kerillian and get to listen to her get called a Lumberfart.

:allears:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

In L4D communities defense, have either of you tried hooking up with any of them?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Foehammer posted:

I hate when the speedrunner "leading" the group flies right past the side paths to tomes and grims, and I have to either risk making a quick detour to pick them up (probably getting leeched or pounced), or accept my fate as a commoner.

Do what someone in this thread suggests and just quit out when you see that happening.

There's no reason you need to play as a living bot in someone else's 1 player game.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Redundant posted:

Its a silly game about smashing rats and right now my group can't be bothered to git gud at champ in the doofy exterminator simulator.

I know this wasn't the point you were trying to make but all you and your doofy group need to do to rock Champ is literally stop shooting through your friends and use a modicum of team work.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Redundant posted:

Those things are part of the problem, but only a very small part. Its the increased everything that tends to mess us up. We are pretty bad overall and are way too aggressive with hordes, don't kill bosses cleanly and struggle to contain things when dominos start falling. We haven't given up on Champ or anything but with limited time available there's normally at least one person who just wants to comfortably crush rats for a while.

Vet teaches plenty of bad habits that are then a chore to unlearn.

Yeah, fair enough.

And yeah if Vet does anything wrong it's creating an environment where you can just be the absolute worst player and you and your team will probably still end up reaching the portal.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

NightshadeGenitals posted:

I was wondering which character/career combo would be most conducive to me finding a girlfriend through the game? Currently my review is Not Recommended until I get a date.

Do what I do and call any girls you encounter while playing Vermintide a "hook rat", you'll be surprised at your success rate.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I used to think I was some kind of elf genius when I stumbled on how murderous the Glaive and Longbow combo is.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Foehammer posted:

Do you guys take ammo regen on the waystalker?

I do, it's nice to regen both health and arrows out of thin air

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Senethro posted:

All elves can glaive/longbow. They're pretty similar really.

:agreed:

Someone explain why the Handmaiden works good with the spear, I want to love it but I mean, why bother when you can just rock the Glaive?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What about Elf's 2h sword? That's another weapon I want to love because the loving hard attack on it rests the blade on your forearm before you thrust that bitch into some hot helms head. The sweaping light attacks also seem on par with dual swords.

Only the armor piercing is just as bad as the spear and the rest of her weapons so it seems like another redundant tool that's basically interchangeable with the spear.

Edit: leaving rot helm autocorrect as hot helm.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

NightshadeGenitals posted:

I keep giving it a chance but I can't stand it. The 1h sword is a better off meta weapon by far.

Ya that's what I figure. Which sucks because so many of Kerillians other bladed weapons look cool thanks to the Warhammer elf esthetics and illusions I end up getting.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hmmmmm, the Glaive you say?

:thunk:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

A lot of the damage I take ends up being from Spear (or are they halberds?) Stormrats who just do not give a poo poo unless they get thrown into hitstun by something with armour piercing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Night10194 posted:

I think the elf is sitting down.

GODS, SHE CAN'T KEEP GOING

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Also those rats look familiar.

I think they're Skaven.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bowrrl posted:

Also it only seems to do this half the time and only with round bombs but Pleasure From Pain seems to work with bombs. So if the situation is extremely dire you can also use the period of invincibility to pop your special, chuck a bomb at your feet and fill your bar with temp health.

That's loving hardcore and such a zealot thing to do. I love this protip.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Node posted:

we're going to be learning new things about vermintide 2 every day for years since fatshark gives approximately 0% information on what poo poo actually does

I'm ok with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Can't you push block shield vermin to create an opening so you can get that sweet sweet head bop/chop/poke in?

Or have I been doing this and creating a placebo effect where I've convinced myself that this actually works? Since no one's been suggesting it as a viable anti-shield rat tactic?

I've been doing it with Kerillian when I'm using dual swords or anything that isn't Glaive and then doing hard attacks when there's an opening right after doing a push block or two. I've had success even doing this with Sienna when I'm forced to.

:golfclap: