Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

DreamShipWrecked posted:

In the grand tradition of "gently caress pubbies", just had an elf player
my condolences

do they have trinkets for % chance to not consume potions, and do they stack? we were able to hit 5x speed from multi-chugging in v1 last week and it was loving amazing we didn't fall off a cliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
so i'm playing an ironbreaker and murdering everything with a one-handed hammer because it plows through drat near anything no problem and staggers what it doesn't, and i'm trying out the drakefire gun, but i'm finding that the drakefire is kind of just okay because you have to have time to charge the long blast which can also get interrupted if you get hit anyway, and most situations you would use drakefire in can be handled by the hammer, if not moreso (you can't take out harder opponents all that fast with the drakefire, and stormvermin dgas) and it's useless for specials. Otherwise, you just use the primary fire bursts for occasional clearing out of poo poo mobs, but I find the grudge raker to be better because it will also clear out stacks of mobs, but also takes out heavier ones just fine and can even special snipe. Am I using the drakefire gun wrong or is there something I'm missing?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Broken Cog posted:

The "Increased Special spawns" modifier doesn't actually seem to increase special spawns? At least we didn't really notice a difference from normal while doing a few of those. The "More horde spawns" definitely works though.

oh no, it definitely did when i played through one earlier and it meant constant special spawns and in multi-special combos too

...though after that, 2 party members couldn't load into the victory/reward screen and got shafted out of their loot :smith:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

AndyElusive posted:

Welp, turns out that holding down M2 before firing the Drakegun makes a HUGE loving difference! Thanks Real Cool Catfish!

Is there practically any point to even using M1 by itself?

if you get hit while charging with m2, you lose the charge (and I thiiiink you keep the heat too). m1 is good for quick bursts that you can vent, and also for taking out small groups because you don't always have enough stuff around to merit 5 seconds of cleansing fire (and the associated charge time and heat cost).

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Death by Chickens posted:

Yeah I always assumed that blessed shot plus the ammo conservation talent would not work for the repeater pistol alt fire. Then I tried doing it, and my world turned upside down. Our team no longer fears bile trolls. I now run around with it out almost all the time just to get that free shotgun blast, switch to my melee weapon to recharge, and whip it out again immediately. BH is my favorite class to play until they inevitably nerf that synergy but keep the elf's infinite ammo.

in Elf talk - seriously what the gently caress is wrong with the devs? I hate to bitch about it, but it's ridiculous. A friend from my gaming group who is about the same skill lvl as the rest of us plays elf mostly and he almost always tops every metric despite taking most dmg. And even then he doesn't die often cause of waystalker regen and constant temp health from hundreds of kills.

Why the gently caress would you give a class the most ammo, best ranged weapons, melee weapons that outperform others (even if they are using their melee specialty), and on top of that free health regen and loving ammo regen. The only time I've outdone him on melee kills was really pro runs with zealot and a flail, and I had to work my rear end off for it.

The person responsible for the elf's design is a mary sue rear end in a top hat and I hope they know it.

/Elf rant over.

you seem angry, mayfly

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Node posted:

What is the MLG Goku-tier weapon for the Ironbreaker? I've been using the greataxe, which is good for killing single targets, but the only way to hit lots of targets is your charge attack, and that's slow and leaves me vulnerable.

i fuckin' love the one handed hammer

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Vargs posted:

I'm definitely into the 1h hammer. Light attacks are great cc + decent damage, you get a lot of stamina, it has great mobility, and heavy attack gives you a relatively quick and powerful answer vs armor. Unlike 2h hammer, you don't get into situations where you are swarmed and helpless since your aoe attack is the quick, spammy light that can't be interrupted.

so the best things about the 1h hammer is that it goes through everybody instead of like just 2 rats, it's pretty fast, and it fucks up or staggers anything that's armored, which equates to oh hey i'm not taking damage while i go nuts with this thing that also has a lot of stamina for pushin' too. doesn't matter that it can't break shields because it just knocks them aside and you proceed to dogpile them with your crew

it's so nice to just plow that thing through crowds and watch elites eat poo poo from it too

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Is Skittergate the last map, and is the last map unlocked now? I did all the ones before it, but couldn’t select it last time I played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

im depressed lol posted:

There is an argument to be made about friendly fire in general loving with aim but if you're an Elf why are you shooting someone who is aiming and if you're the person complaining about friendly fire why are you aiming when there's 10k rats near you?

P sure you meant 40k rats

Drythe posted:

i ran dual dagger/haggbane waystalker last night on legend because gently caress the police

I had all the green circles. all of them.

Ugh, rogue elf taking all the damage like a noob