Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Wait so I got that there was separate progression in Winds and I was ready for that, but it's also separate progression that periodically resets? This poo poo works in PoE because it's tied into resetting a whole economy while also introducing new big ticket features, is Winds going to be more like the seasonal resets that Diablo 3 ended up getting? Because if so gently caress that noise, it sucked in Diablo 3. I like being able to work towards completing progression once but unless you give me a really good reason to keep coming back while also resetting progress, like PoE, I'm really not interested at all.

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Lunethex posted:

Yes: people definitely (no, nobody did) wanted Beastmen,

I'll say that me and a friend I play with would be down for a new enemy faction, but everything else you said we'd agree with. lol seasonal grind resets

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

They are getting wiped by reviews, 50% recent on main and 47% on Winds.

Considering FatShark have already scaled back on a few calls in post-patch adjustments, I'm really hoping they take another queue from PoE and add in a "league" or whatever they want to call it to Winds that doesn't have seasonal resets. I think that alone would already calm a lot of angst.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Meridian posted:

don't get all the bitching.

There is plenty of legitimate criticism to be had and the thread turning on posters just because a few of them post almost exclusively criticism is something I don't get. :shrug:

Like yeah a lot of the really bad poo poo only turns up if you play exclusively Legendary but that doesn't mean it's not there. It just means you can tell people that if they want to cash in a good 60 hours of non/pre-Legend play they'll probably have fun. Which is also fine! But giving FatShark a pass for not core-ing the night variants of maps, or the barcrawl map, or having impenetrable systems governing the moment to moment gameplay, or a largely irrelevant-before-300 crafting/item power system, or their need to reinvent the wheel with 2.0 (and scaling it back anyways), etc... seems like a pretty weak take is all. I mean look, I like the game and I'll keep playing it, but for me personally the idea that WoM has unavoidable seasonal resets is a no-sale flaw. I'll pick up the expac if they ever add a non-resetting WoM league because the idea of redoing itemization grinding every few months is just not appealing to me at all.

They namedrop PoE but even /that/ has a non-resetting league that iirc about a third of the playerbase uses on and off, in a game where you are heavily incentivized to play the seasonal leagues for the massive new content drops and fresh economies.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Tagichatn posted:

All the legitimate criticism has been made already. Now you get lootbox conspiracy theories and people making GBS threads on Fatshark for walking back bad changes. It's really tiresome.

What's this about a lootbox conspiracy?

Also, I mean you could say everything good about the game has been said as well, and said best by people posting "Kill all the rattes" posts, so idk. It's a thread for the game, you'll get people praising it and people dumping on it, just ignore the posts you don't care for and engage with the ones you do?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Meridian posted:

That's my thought too. Twisting yourself into knots about missed potential or how mad you are about a certain thing, but still play the game anyway...I don't get it. If you're in the mood to kill rats, kill rats. If you aren't, that's cool. Getting mad though? Why? There are so many other things you can do instead of playing a game that makes you mad.

Enjoying a game enough to log several hundred hours and rubbing up against the ways in which it could be a whole lot better is a perfectly legitimate thing to get frustrated about, though, and if you're going to post about it anywhere you'll post about it here, in the thread for the game, which is supposed to cover all discussions of the game both positive and negative. Like, this isn't difficult. "I enjoy killing rattes" and "This is why Legend sucks" aren't mutually exclusives posts in the VT2 thread, and the Nth "Game good" post is just as tedious or not as the Nth "Game bad" post is or isn't.

But more generally "Why play a game that makes you mad" ignores the fact that for someone to even play a game several hundred hours in the first place means there was plenty they enjoyed about it. I'd even imagine that the fact that they played it for that long while enjoying is probably the reason they're so mad right now, after they turned on it.

I mean by the same token if you really don't enjoy Arghy's posts to the point of "I just don't get it"ing him every other time maybe just follow your own advice and put him on ignore?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

They should release all the maps and variants they've sat on for temp events (pub crawl, night versions) waaaay before they even think about doing VS, maybe even consider porting more of the great VT1 maps over, but lol :fatshark:

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

RosaParksOfDip posted:

To be fair, that's par for the course with cosmetics and if they actually consistently deliver on free content packs, it ain't terrible. For example, Destiny 2 charges way more than that for an armour set, and they sell expansions AND they sell season passes... but yeah, this is predicated on them actually providing free content.

I see what you're saying, but this is bad, and shouldn't excuse a company doing less bad. I think it'd be a lot better if this was a F2P game and needed to monetize through cosmetics, or that the free/dlc-related cosmetics drops thus far hadn't been a little anemic. "Consistently deliver on free content" is also something :fatshark: have had some trouble with, timescale wise if nothing else.

I mean,

sure looks like a monkey's paw wish coming true for everyone that complained that cosmetics were a bit thin and grindy/rng to get...

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

According to Indypride the new areas aren't NEW areas, they're chunks of maps we've already seen with a cosmetic filter over them, similar to the Winds of Magic zones. I believe he specified that there's only two or three actual new maps.

Also lol @ a Chaos Wastes update that has you in zones belonging to the non-Nurgle gods and you're still just fighting Rotbloods and Skaven. The peak of this experience will be a voiceover from Lohner or one of the five urging caution as you step into Khrone's domain and then half a second later a rotblood yells Rotfather take you!

e.: Indypride's breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45fOnCrGzE&t=99s

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I think it's only used per-run in the new Chaos Wastes mode and doesn't carry over between runs, like a non-persistent currency in a rogue-lite.