Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Also

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/82qru7/all_possible_item_properties_and_traits/

Is a useful little reddit post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

To be fair, you could try and get a video of a slayer in the wild but more often than not they've long since leapt out of sight.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

What is the list of those?

Kruber: Merc Shout and his Knight charge
Bardin: Nothing? Don't think Slayer can and IB Taunt doesn't work
Kerillian : Maybe Trueshot? I don't think so though.
Salty: WHC shout, BH active?
Sienna: Fairly sure her pyro does. Don't think Bomb does.

Internet Explorer posted:

So are most of the people who have 600 hero level and 5x level 30 characters using the "dash off the cliff" trick or some other map hack, or are most of those people just playing a lot?

I'd assume the latter. They'd get bugger all loot doing that so they'd be pretty much living off commendation chests.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

What melee weapons are people using on Saltzpfeffer? I've been sticking with the rapier since the charged attacks are are great for headshotting dudes and the pistol is actually pretty good once you get used to it. The greatsword made me feel like Kruber's wimpy little brother and the flail seemed kind of terrible.

Just got a repeater crossbow as my first orange so I guess I'm using that for awhile.

Falcion all day every day. Slaughters hordes and murders armour. Really nothing more you can ask of it. Well, i guess there's the Flail for dealing with shields but, ehhhhhhhh.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Mr. Pickles posted:

I had the same impression, but if you play abit more u'll find 2h hammer is kinda loving awesome (at least for dorf). It kills armored if you aim for the chin, and its cc potential is unreal, it'll throw around anything that isn't a boss

Axe and Shield Also kills armoured if you aim for the head while being able to knock over entire hordes easily.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Mr. Pickles posted:

axe&shield will knock over an entire horde 2/3 swings, but it'll do an overhead lovely swing too, which I find really inconvenient

I'm honestly not doing that many light attacks in a row. It's mostly Block push + sweep, a couple of light attacks, or i'm spamming firedrake pistol shots.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Mr. Pickles posted:

I was talking about chained charged attacks, sorry should've mentioned that. When you chain charged attacks with axe+shield, 1/3 will be an overhead swing with the axe, which fucks up my horde-bashing rythm. Hammer/shield does pretty well when I spam sweeps, but it lacks damage all around. The 2h hammer on the other hand lets you spam sweep attacks merrily with no setbacks, and its dmg is decent too

Maybe that's where we differ? I don't spam charged attacks with the Axe and Shield. I spam shield push sweeps instead, i've got something like 8 shields so i just run around knocking everything on their rear end and the follow blow is a sweep.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

roxxor5678 posted:

I heard that one once, but I think it's Bardin who replies. Elves shouldn't be killing empirepeople.. I think. Or was it just Bretonnia they liked?

Yeah. Wood Elves are assholes. Not quite so bad as Dark Elves but they ain't nice by any means.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah, High Elves are arrogant assholes as well, they're just not so murder happy as the other two strains.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

As :psyduck: as a lot of the junk in it is, I at least liked the turn they pulled to make "MALEKITH WAS RIGHT" happen, that you're supposed to go into the flames and burn up, then you come back out if you're the real deal, you're the PHOENIX KING and that everyone else had basically been cheating.

Ahahahahahah. No.

That entire thing was such a retarded amount of bullshit that it's put me off GW for life.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

kruber can’t be in love with saltzpyre because saltzpyre is in love with fuegonasus, and bardin is in love with kruber.

no one is in love with the elf

The elf is.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Coolguye posted:

It doesn’t work. It’s broken.

I think it works if you're the host?

Backhand posted:

Even now that I've finally graduated to Champion, I don't really get much mileage out of shields. Mercenary Kruber, with his bonuses against hordes, can crowd-control quite effectively just by killing everything with a couple of swings and the occasional push + back dodge when he looks like he might be on the verge of getting overwhelmed. The only time I had any trouble last night was when I sneezed and accidentally fell off a ledge directly into the middle of a horde; no amount of skillful crowd control is going to save you from being totally surrounded.

Also, Kerellian feels like she makes a joke out of teamwork sometimes. Not even by elf players being awful, but because I'm sitting here on voice chat trying to be helpful, calling enemies out and the like, and it's just a nonstop parade of: "Gutter runner behind u-" Kerellian presses F. "-Nevermind."

Speaking as someone who plays as the Elf a fair bit? That is being helpful. Any Kerellian player worth poo poo is keeping an ear out for those calls. Be it by players or the characters in game. She's there to slaughter Specials with a side order in horde massacring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

The Skeleton King posted:

So what should everyone else do in the meantime?

Kill everything else she hasn't killed? Though that kind of goes for every character.

I legitimately don't really see the problem you people are having. I'll usually be playing IB and i've not often felt surplus to requirements if ever really. Maybe the first time i was playing Legend and was being a bit overly cautious.

edit: Though, yeah, Knight Kruber can have problems. You're there for horde/Boss control and if the team is good with chokepoints and there's no bosses you can end up being somewhat surplus to requirements.

Blinks77 fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 26, 2018