Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Been running heroic deeds with some friends today and have some observations.
The first one is that you should probably never bother to do the "Back to basics" modifier. It resets your power level to 1, which means you won't be able to stagger, pierce, or generally do damage to anything, which is killer on Veteran and above.
The "No drops throughout the level" modifier also removes tomes and grimoires, which is kinda dumb.
The "Increased Special spawns" modifier doesn't actually seem to increase special spawns? At least we didn't really notice a difference from normal while doing a few of those. The "More horde spawns" definitely works though.

They should probably have a look at the rewards for these though, because for the most part, it's really not worth the effort. The modifiers also aren't really interesting enough to just do it for fun.

I wonder if "Increased special spawns" affects elite spawns as well. I was getting packs and packs of Storm Vermin on top of a hook rat every minute. Luckily bots are really good at sniping specials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Still playing in Veteran, but trying to avoid 'FF' in anticipation of going up to Champion (avoid firing ranged weapons and grenades into allies basically). Do active abilities like Waywatcher's homing arrows or Kruber's/Sienna's charge damage allies as well?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Do everyone on a team need to be able to take care of Chaos Warriors well when on Champion and above? I ask this since I have grown fond of using spear/longbow combo, and can melee mobs well with spear, longbow most specials/elites except for the Chaos Warrior. I can use my active on them, but not sure if they will always be available.

For Kruber, which of his melee options have armor piercing on normal swings?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Fishstick posted:

Longbow headshots will stagger Chaos warriors for a decent amount of time, usually more than long enough for someone with can-opener weapons to make short work of them. Alternatively, the charged attack (specially the thrust) on spears does good damage to them as well.

I have done that, though I am worried once I get out of veteran, we will get multiple of them in one go (I have seen 2 or 3 in close proximity already).