Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
God drat, for someone who's never played the first game, this starting experience is absolutely terrible.

The maps from Quick Play seem to be wildly different in difficulty, we all have terrible gear, and even on the easiest difficulty I'm losing three out of every four games I play.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Tenzarin posted:

What difficulty? Gear kinda doesn't doesn't matter outside of having all orange items.

Recruit. I had a team of 4 level 1s try to go up against a troll, we got perhaps 1/16 of it's health in damage with all 4 of us beating on it when it goes into it's regen mode.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

dmboogie posted:

you should probably be trying to do the maps in order instead of rushing into quick play

the maps seem widely divergent in difficulty because... they are

They definitely direct you to jump into quick play immediately. The UI defaults to that, and says it's the best way to play.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Sacrificial Toast posted:

I would have assumed quickplay sent you to maps you've unlocked. Does it not?

My first real map ever was act 3.