Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Lunethex posted:

Considering barely anyone talks about the Console version on Reddit (and those that do are literally all complaining of crashes to the home screen and other bugs), I really need to see these load times in action. Anyone uploading a video will rightfully cut those out.

But knowing that's what Fatshark does, man, I can't even.

I play on the console (XB1 S), because that's what my girlfriend has and we like to play together online.

I would say average load time is a little over a minute, one in ten matches ends in a crash to home screen, and about the same has the host disconnecting abruptly after dying to their own incompetence. It's not bad enough to make me not play, but it's bad enough to make me discard daily missions that involve playing as characters I don't love, because I hate sticking through a quick play with pubbies on my level 2 _________ and then getting dumped right before it ends.

Note: limited sample size, I've only played maybe 25 matches total so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
As I mentioned last page, I have this game on XB1 and enjoy hacking enemies to bits with my girlfriend on recruit and veteran. That said, the last couple pages here have been pretty demoralizing. It seems like playing this game on champion and particularly legend requires the connection and programming stability (relatively speaking, of course) and better ability to precisely aim of the PC game. Just makes it feel like once Im ready to graduate from veteran I'll be fighting an uphill and ultimately unwinnable battle against the console itself due to its limitations. Thoughts? Let me rephrase. Do we expect fatshark to address these issues on the console version of the game, or do they just ignore it after release? I'm assuming that these issues are common to console games but worse because it's a fresh release with suboptimal programming.

Everything I just said could be applied to my attempt at playing Path of Exile on the XB1, I probably should have learned my lesson there.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Just started playing this game and having a blast. I have many questions about gameplay progression, ie how do I know I’m playing my role correctly, how do I know when to progress to the next difficulty step, how do I decide which role to play given my teammates comp. As few or as many answers people want to be provide would be cool. So far I’ve mostly played merc, with a bit of whc and whatever the first kit is for the Elf.

Cretin90 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 2, 2022

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
My first two red items have both been greatswords, on saltzpyre. why