Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Araenna posted:

I'm really confused, what should have been different? Like, he had the information that there was a red light, and as a vehicle, he needs to stop and stay stopped. The only reason there as a blind spot is because he ran a red light. The same blind spot could have existed for a car running the same light. Which is one of the reasons that intersections aren't a free for all, and running red lights is bad.

Krabboss's argument is that if America had designated bike lanes than that exact accident wouldn't have happened that exact way and is probably right, but it's kind of a stupid point to be making. It's not America's fault that the cyclist ignored the red light any more than it's the driver's fault because he didn't stop at McDonald's first and the cyclist would have been long gone had the driver passed by five minutes later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Professor Wayne posted:

Did that guy just move the day before? If you live next to a school, you're going to hear kids yelling non-stop every day. When I work from home, it's like I have an incredibly loud white noise machine.

Not to mention the fact that you don't really have any legal right to demand that anyone in the vicinity of your house be quiet at 2 in the afternoon or whatever.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yeah I'm sure the people who thought it was a cool idea to get out of their car around giant hunting cats would listen to someone saying "don't do that".

It's the same thing as white men responding to being called out about things, especially racism, by leaving in a huff. It's all part of white fragility; the narrative has to be focused on them. Oh the discussion is focusing on something else? Tears! Storm off! Look at meeeeeee

gently caress that lady any everything, but I really can't see how "leaving in a huff" is some kind of performative, attention seeking move. It seems more like plain old giving up to me.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

To be clear, I wasn't talking about that lady crying and pretending that she was harassed.

I'm just not buying Sandwich Anarchist's theory that stomping away from a confrontation is white fragility or attention seeking behavior.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Ok. Assuming you haven't read up on white fragility as a psychological concept, it's real interesting stuff actually. Not trying to be pedantic, making an honest suggestion.

I'm no scholar on the subject, but I have.

I will also admit that I was crabby from an abnormally long commute and probably misinterpreted your original post, so I apologize.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm gonna assume this person has never used a plunger before.

LOL look at the way he's leaning into it trying to put as much of his body weight as possible on it.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

"The line"? Here the law is if you turn left you have to pass the centre point of the intersection on the right before turning. Of course a shitload of shitheads don't but that's because no-one has dashboard cameras.

e: Apparently my driving instructor taught me a law in 1998 that was deprecated in 1958 :wth: That explains a few altercations I've had in traffic.

Haha what the gently caress dude?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

spog posted:

I am guessing that the $420 price was a 'haha, I love weed' joke?

Yeah Musk is an epic-bacon-win guy.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/0lspicykeychain/status/1033361828292771840?s=19

The Cliff's Notes of this one is that some crazy woman demands that all her guests contribute 1.5k USD* to her wedding for the honor of getting to participate, when they don't instantly pay up, she hyperventilates, screams at her boyfriend, breaks up with him and gets the entire thing cancelled like a week before it was meant to go down or something. And of course she narrates it as though she is, in fact, the victim.

*each!

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

LOL this rules. I'm constantly reminded of Kramer's make your own pizza idea and George's response "You know you have to know how to do that!"

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

LOL that he makes her walk back to get her jacket.

This is fake as hell. Look at the way he stops swinging his arms and lowers his forehead into the wall.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

the clip right after that shows her driving in the street instead of using the sidewalk and crosswalk, getting passed by some dude who turns into a taco bell drive thru, follows him to the drive thru to whine at him and he pretty much tells her to gently caress off

LOL she yells "oh my god!" like Livia Soprano caught that pan of mushrooms on fire.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/mashable/status/1050804316817281024

Excited to find out that this makes your dick fall off or something

LOL there is nothing more important in this man's life than being "epic".

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

That paint ain't gonna cause the property owner to starve to death, why the hell would you take such a leap like that. The owner could decide not to do anything actually, and just be irritated about it. Doesn't cost a lot to fix, and if it does - you got the guy on security tape take it to the cops and have the tagger fix it.

It looked like the guy got busted up in the eye pretty badly, not just a bloody nose. Sounded like he said he couldn't see anymore. Just call it what it was, a property owner wanted to take out their frustration in a brutish way. I'm over people treating their property so preciously. It's just an excuse for someone with a bad temper to assault someone. They are constantly looking for a reason.

Lol it's pretty rich to post a response to a guy getting a bloody nose crying about his "life" and then accuse another poster of making too big a leap.

What is it with the people who say "why couldn't the victim just have let this one go, it's no biggie in the grand scheme of things" but never "why did some rear end in a top hat have to go around starting poo poo in the first place"? Why is it only on the guy who was minding his own business to be the calm and collected one?

Human Tornada has a new favorite as of 04:23 on Oct 16, 2018

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

bell jar posted:

Lotta people ITT seem to get confused and think it's justice, somehow. Not sure how the dude tagging a building and leaving, getting chased down, and beat on, is starting poo poo but alright

Deliberately damaging somebody's property for no reason is very much "starting poo poo".

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

bell jar posted:

In my country starting poo poo usually means a verbal confrontation before a punch on, not being chased down the street and beat like a dog, but gently caress man Canada must be wild

You must be confused, then, because the tagger started poo poo when he vandalized some guy's house. When the tagger got his rear end beat, this is referred to as the other guy "finishing it".

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Memento posted:

gently caress me, they didn't do any research for this bullshit.

I'm far from the first person to post this, but I think the thinking was probably "Those dumb snowflake libs can cook up fake allegations against Kavanaugh and Trump, how hard could it be?"

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

He's probably just really drunk. You can be drunk and keep your sense of balance until something jars it loose. A more common thing is sitting on a couch drinking and not realizing how drunk you are until you stand up for the first time and it hits you.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Did the definition of "knocked out" change recently because the kid doesn't even go down much less lose consciousness.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did he pick up a brick and throw it at the end of the video?

It was a rock according to some article I read.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

I was at the cafe one time, and this guy in front of me was getting two of those four-cup carriers full of coffees for people. I've been in that position a few times, people from workplaces around there would throw in for some coffee and someone would get theirs paid for if they went and get them. They buy, you fly sort of thing. So I'm like:

:haw: "Playing gofer, huh?"

The guy shot me daggers and was like "NO. Just BEING NICE."

Yikes. :(

Gofer is kind of a demeaning term and I'd be pretty crabby too if a stranger said that to me. Teasing or being overly familiar with people you don't know is generally not cool.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Lol that guy in the Barcelona shirt is so pleased with himself with how hilarious he's being before the fireball.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Watch the clip? Dutch Historian Rutger Bregman.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Why is it that every schmucky doofus that wants to be designer-y picks black and red as the ultimate color combination?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

They're called yellow onions.

In some places that aren't America they call yellow onions brown onions.

The person also didn't recognize the A&W root beer, referring to it as cola, and referred to a litre of milk, two more big flashing indicators that they're not American.

In your quest to appear superior you only make yourself look stupid yet again!

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

If you're parallel parking correctly (starting in front of the spot and backing in), it's literally physically impossible for a car to "swoop in" and steal the spot from the front. And if you're signaling and trying to head in or there's a car in front of you ready to back in, it's not your spot.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Somfin posted:

Yeah but they can get in your way if they try

How can a car that's in front of you get in your way when you're trying to back into a parking spot?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Why do you think it's from the front? Black car was backing in and silver car behind them stuck their front in the way.

I don't. People were arguing that the silver car could have been rightfully claiming the spot when the black car "swooped in" or changed their mind and decided to steal the spot by backing up.

I was saying it's impossible to steal a spot like that from the front, so (I thought this was obvious but I guess I'll spell it out) no matter what scenario people are envisioning here, the front car has a rightful claim to the spot.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

LOL at first you're like "that lady's right foot is way too close, she'll never get it over" and then she can't even manage to get her left foot over the thing. Just a horrible effort all around.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

greazeball posted:

at least some people are smart enough to profit off the idiots... by renting a $15,000/month SoHo penthouse out to ~brand ambassadors~ for their insta shoots. they make a profit off that and get free decor for the place from other brands wanting to be in the shots: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/30/business/media/instagram-influencers-penthouse.html

The words you're looking for aren't "smart enough" but "already rich enough".

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

You can make people laugh. People get off on that.

Is there anyone who actually laughs at clowns that wouldn't also laugh at, say, some jingling car keys?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I know what's happening. Tourists are dicks but I find no pleasure in seeing some idiot get violently shoved to protect absolutely nothing at all. I'm imagining a cop shoving someone out of the way and beating them with a stick to protect some flowers or something.

"This time when a person was shoved is pretty much the same as an imaginary scenario where a person is shoved and then also beaten with a club afterwards."

mysterious frankie posted:

The guy thing where we just *have* to keep pushing our interest on you, like eventually you're gonna be like "Oh dang, now I do actually give a poo poo about Gene Wolfe's Book of The New Sun. Thank god you wouldn't shut up about it for 30 minutes!" more often than not just ends up turning our dicks into lady repellant, but occasionally god smiles on womankind and it gets our heads stuck in compound bows.

Uh, it's pretty obvious that that's family members hanging out and chatting and not just some guy being an overbearing shmuck, but we're all very relieved to hear that you're "one of the good ones".

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Totally setting aside the gin vs vodka issue, in what universe is vodka by itself a martini rather than just...vodka? Recipes from the 19th century often used something like Curacao or Maraschino instead of vermouth, but nobody in the history of ever called vodka on the rocks a martini.

Duh, if you don't call an up vodka a martini then you don't get to impress everyone with your clever little "do X with the vermouth" zinger you picked out ahead of time.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

https://twitter.com/kissmyelite/status/1132995497256521728?s=19

35,000 likes on a post begging for people to buy shirts no one wants. Speculation is she bought a bunch of bot followers who just blindly like everything she posts :laffo:

I'm gonna be an old man for a minute and ask about influencer culture, because I went to this woman's Instagram and every single post is just a kinda dull posed picture of her wearing some clothes and being somewhere. I'm not trying to :argh: at influencers but I thought there was a little more to it than that? Like aren't they at least supposed to pretend to be leading an interesting life and documenting it instead of just "Welp, here I am influencing on a beach"?

Am I way off base here or is this why she has 2 million followers but can't sell 30 t-shirts?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

RandomBlue posted:

Where can I get a beard painted on?

The drug store. https://www.theroot.com/bigen-the-black-magic-solution-for-male-baldness-1790877168

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/oliviabradley88/status/1148958211531268099

That's about the worst case of short guy syndrome I've ever seen.

A classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svGAQJYIRqQ

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

PurpleXVI posted:

Man, that one's almost frustrating to watch, just for how long they put up with that pretentious piece of poo poo before telling him to piss off. Putting up with those assholes is just encouraging them.

It sucks if one of these turds ruins your day but it's probably impossible to make these guys any more miserable than they already are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

The Chris McCandless thing reminds me of a post I saw on imgur one time.

A young girl was on a school trip (or something) to Chicago and she decided to rent an inflatable raft and just paddle herself out to the middle of loving Lake Michigan and admire the Chicago skyline and read her book... and post about how magical it all is on imgur, naturally. Another imgur person saw it and took her kayak out there to rescue her dumb rear end because the sun was setting and she was a mile out and couldn't paddle herself back in. Could have been bullshit, though.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?