Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I would like to sign up! I don't know Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup but all but it sounds fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Also still up for this!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well now I have to play to make you miserable

This reads strongly town to me, town is always trying to make everyone else miserable.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
IcePhoenix has contributed a lot to the SA ALTTPR community we've been building up, so it's time to thank him properly.

##vote IcePhoenix

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
missed opportunity not blasting gettin' jiggy with it on loop for the entire run

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Mafia edit: I posted that in the wrong thread lol

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Today we've had both swimming and running through air. We are blessed

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I posted in the wrong thread again. Sorry.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote nep nep

Is this about the wrong thread flub posts?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

merk posted:

lol has been used four times in the last ten posts.

This doesn't really add anything and is just kinda white noise, like you pointing out the "Hmm yeah" in AA's post that doesn't really mean anything.

##vote merk

Also get kinda scummy vibes from b-minus, from times he's been town in games before I feel like he prods players a lot more than I've seen here.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus1 posted:

:holymoley: @every part of this post
Please show me where I “prodded” anyone, unless you consider “would vote tolly for that post” to be prodding.

I'm saying you haven't been.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

merk posted:

So what do you think of GulagDolls?

I've never seen Gulag do anything other than shitpost their way through games regardless of alignment. It's a null read but if we had to pick someone with nothing better to go on I'd help with that vote since that playstyle seems like it will be a liability for town more often than not.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

merk posted:

But you’ve never seen me do anything...

That is a true statement. I have no meta read on you and I don't go sifting through random mafia games I wasn't in.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Gulag you are correct that I've only played one game with you. Before I got more involved in other things I silently observed a few threads as well, at least one which included you.

I still maintain that I have a null read on you.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Do you really think with the number of players required for a majority that your vote is likely to be the deciding factor in an early execution at this point?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dancer posted:

I didn't say it was a significant thing. Just directly counteracting my current purpose. I am confident I'll be there before deadline; the way I see it there is literally zero reason to vote (and slight reason not to vote).

It doesn't ping me that you want to withhold your vote for now, it just seemed a note odd that you qualified that you specifically want to avoid the day ending.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

LupusAter posted:

Yeah, true. My larger point still stands, in a game where everybody has the ability to take matters in their own hands I feel like scum would rather stay out of sight.
Thinking about it, posting once in 4 days kinda implies that he had no scumbuddies to prod him to at least keep up appeareances.

Which do you think the scum team is actually doing?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

New question: Do we have NPC's we can lynch or protect?

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Are there npc's we can vote?

Why did you ask this twice? If you genuinely wanted an answer wouldn't you have PM'ed the mod?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That's fair, I haven't tried to contact the mod so I was a little confused by that.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dancer posted:

observe how I never called gulag scum. I called him suspect, and pointed out further behaviour that is shady, but I never said "is scum".

While that may be the action of voting for someone, especially after you held back on voting and made a point of it, carries that implication.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dancer posted:

Note how I explicitly held back on voting because I knew I'd be back close to deadline. Then I came back close to deadline, and I voted.

Therefore, if you are voting for that person under those circumstances, it would stand to reason that an onlooker would think you believe that person is scum, if you are not scum yourself.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Tolly Totes posted:

In fact it's actually a bit weird that you're going to such lengths to clarify that you don't actually think he's scum, just think he could be.

Pretty much.

##vote Dancer

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Gridlocked posted:

I'll check back at lunch in about anhr and frankly just go with the group think. Sorry if that's bad play.

If I'm not mistaken we are less than an hour from deadline, so yes that would be bad play.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Welp

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

CCKeane posted:

So who wants to get me up to speed?

Vote leader was Dancer at the end of d1. We no lynched because apparently a number of town players didn't give a gently caress.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

CCKeane posted:

Just saw this as well, sorry for going to Mona first, are you saying the same thing that Mona is saying, that the no execute was an alignment neutral issue as a result of overall apathy?

Yes, I believe that to be the case.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

CCKeane posted:

Thank you.

Who did you think was scum yesterday? I'm read a bit as I go but having other players catch me up is always handy.

I voted for merk early with little to go on because something he said struck me as weird. Merk sort of fell off my radar at that point.

Had sort of a gut read on b-minus but nothing enough to justify a vote for him.

I voted Dancer at the end and stayed on that vote because I wasn't satisfied with the reasoning he provided for his choices and I agreed with the points Monathin made. Even with his self vote, I'd say he's the player I find most suspicious right now.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

nep-nep, lol... forgive my auto correct.

A Nepple slip, if you will.

I think your case against Lupus is a good one but I'm going to need to look into that more to see if there's anything I can add. I'm busy with work and trying to watch SGDQ on the side right now so I don't have much to add at the moment but will put my thoughts together when I take the time to later.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

GeneX posted:

The OP seemed like it might just be giving sample potion/scroll effects rather than an exhaustive list, but I suppose it depends on what chic meant by the word “possible”

I explored last night and got a Cerulean potion. I wonder if unidentified potions always present the same way. How is what you found described?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Lupus

I think the points made against Lupus are good ones. I'm too busy riding out the final day of SGDQ to do much analysis but I promise if I'm alive tomorrow I'll be notably more engaged from that point forward.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

LupusAter posted:

I'm liking bminus less and less, he reads as he's flailing around, trying to get something to stick. The thing is, I'm not sure what prompted it.

I don't feel like b-minus has been flailing and this feels to me like you could be scum trying to hedge out a safe place to move your vote if it comes to it. I've already voted for you and your vote on gridlock could be a bus attempt.

I'd be up for voting Lupus or Gridlocked right now. I can move my vote if need be, I am around.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Gridlocked

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'd prefer to vote Lupus if enough town are around and willing. I moved my vote for the moment because Lupus is currently voting for Gridlocked and has been active more recently than Gridlocked has. If we're a bit short on town players it might be less practical to get Gridlocked to vote for Lupus, it depends on who checks in and how large the threat of a no lynch looms by the end.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Lupus

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Yeah I'll be generally around until deadline, gonna do some light cooking but I can check in every few minutes.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I can understand Dancer's concern to a degree since we NL'ed yesterday, have several players who haven't voted still and seems like a lot of them aren't presented and accounted for with an hour left. It's a bit disheartening that there seem to be so many MIA players.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
So we got 2 towns who want to run in to beat the buzzer or is this gonna be another round of

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Hey now, we're in twilight, get your non-game chat on, don't play
hey now, we're in twilight, I'm not finishing this verse

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

IcePhoenix posted:

the meter for that was terrible it's not even close

I'm no poet and I know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Just popping into confirm that I'm still up for playing if and when this continues!

• Locked thread