Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Welcome to WWE Fastlane!!! This show will probably be bad or at least very boring! Lets run down the card, which has 6(!) matches announced.

Natalya and Carmella vs Becky Lynch and Naomi : Does anyone care about this match? It was thrown together at the last minute, has pretty much zero story build, and it's pretty much impossible to care about anyone in this match (sorry Becky). I guess the only saving grace is that it isn't a six woman tag match. There are no stakes involved in this match either.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Rusev: Rusev is mad at Nakamura for kicking his buddy Aiden English in the throat. He's also mad because he keeps being left off of Smackdown. But other than that, this feud ALSO has very little in the way of stakes. It's basically a way to get Shinsuke on the card.

Bobby Roode (c) vs Randy Orton for the United States Championship: This feud started because of the Smackdown TOP 10 list, which was really dumb and neither Orton or Roode seem to care about. Orton's only interest is winning that title so he can be a grand slam champion. That being said, this match has the potential to be incredibly boring. Oh yeah, and I guess Jinder (accompanied by his bacne and a Singh Brother) will get involved somehow.

Charlotte Flair (c) vs Ruby Riotttttttttttttttttttt (w/her team of idiot loser jobbers) for the Smackdown Women's Championship:

Hey this feud has been vaguely interesting! That being said, vaguely interesting does not mean its still not a filler match. It very much is. Ruby and Charlotte have ran through each others friends/allies and now they clash at Fastlane. That being said, this match's outcome is probably one of the most predictable on the card. It's the aftermath that has people interested. Will Carmella cash in? Or will the Queen run into a certain undefeated Empress? Or maybe nothing will happen (wouldn't that be exciting!!)!

The Usos (c) vs The New Day for the Smackdown Tag Team Titles: Hey, this match will be pretty good most likely! The result is obvious, but it will be a fun match, probably the best on the card tonight. :toot:

AJ Styles (c) vs Baron Corbin vs Dolph Ziggler vs Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn vs John Cena for the WWE Title: A clusterfuck of a match. AJ Styles has the odds stacked against him. Will he overcome the odds so he can be beaten by Shinsuke Nakamura at Wrestlemania? What will happen to John Cena if he loses!? Will he despair again? No one cares about Baron Corbin or Dolph Ziggler. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn will probably fight a bunch again.

---

Fastlane's pre-show starts at 7PM Eastern! There are NO matches announced for it! So you'll get an hour of talking heads. All that and probably more at Fastlane!! (Okay, maybe not much more if anything)

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

i bet like 5 min before the kickoff starts they'll announce some lovely Mojo preshow match

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rear end pain

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
This is a decent card even if Smackdown has been straight up awful lately. If there were more matches booked I'd be convinced that Nakamura is beating Rusev with one move

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Okay I think I'm ready

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I just watched the Bliss Strowman vs Naomi and An Uso MMC match.

Probably better than any match on the card tonight.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Saint Freak posted:

Okay I think I'm ready

I’m confused sir it seems as though you are implying this show will be bad

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i'm trying to adopt a dog, and i'm having a loving insanely lovely time doing it. like, every dog i've tried to adopt through the humane society, or every dog i've applied for through other rescues, has gotten adopted right out from underneath me. one rescue gave me the runaround on a dog they had only to tell me that the people that fostered it decided to adopt it. same rescue gets me through the house check part for another dog, and as i was scheduling the home interview, they were like, 'oh yeaahhhh...we already adopted this dog out.'

i live in portland, oregon. you'd think it'd be easy, but no.

anyways, fastlane. whatever.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DEAR RICHARD posted:

i'm trying to adopt a dog, and i'm having a loving insanely lovely time doing it. like, every dog i've tried to adopt through the humane society, or every dog i've applied for through other rescues, has gotten adopted right out from underneath me. one rescue gave me the runaround on a dog they had only to tell me that the people that fostered it decided to adopt it. same rescue gets me through the house check part for another dog, and as i was scheduling the home interview, they were like, 'oh yeaahhhh...we already adopted this dog out.'

Ugh, I’m sorry. That sounds rough. :sigh:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Yeah, the done thing seems to be signing up to foster and keeping the dog.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I was getting that with the breed-specific rescue I was working with. It turned out that what the coordinator was doing was steering me away from dogs that weren't a good fit. Eventually she nailed it and we've got a good girl.

Just keep trying. The right one will come soon. I know it's hard, but you'll get the right one.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

fart blood posted:

Ugh, I’m sorry. That sounds rough. :sigh:

went to the humane society on friday twice. both times the dog i was there for was being met with by someone that would eventually adopt it. i actually met with, and put a backup hold, on the 2nd one, but it was adopted.

i'm feeling majorly conflicted about this poo poo: pissed that i cant seem to adopt, but happy that the dogs are going to good homes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't even know why I made this, but I had fun at least :)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

You silly goose this is a wrestling event not a racing event

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please just don't screw with my AJ/Nakamura match at Mania, it's all Wrestlemania has to offer so far :cripes:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

fart blood posted:

You silly goose this is a wrestling event not a racing event

Oh relax.

What could possibly go wrong when combining wrestling and cars?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Please just don't screw with my AJ/Nakamura match at Mania, it's all Wrestlemania has to offer so far :cripes:

Card subject to change

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

This is incredible and at least now tonight won't be completely bad, thank you my friend

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

A source mentioned OTR that Nakamura isn't all that interested in doing a good match during wrestlemania and told me "oops" and "don't put this on any web site" so please heed his advice

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Who the gently caress is this curly-headed ginger in the bad suit on the pre-show?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Liquid Communism posted:

Who the gently caress is this curly-headed ginger in the bad suit on the pre-show?

noted bad person Sam Roberts

please ignore him he is a terrible and bad person.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I heard ziggler is shooting tonight brother.

*wipes ketchup stain*

Wait. My sources say shot. He will be shot. Tonight. Sorry for the confusion.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm not allowed to post sam roberts head and face on here without getting put on probation because of his hideousness

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

Charlotte Flair (c) vs Ruby Riotttttttttttttttttttt (w/her team of idiot loser jobbers)

awww I like Sarah and Liv. They're fun. Yeah, I know, this The Corre: But Now With Women

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Cavauro posted:

i'm not allowed to post sam roberts head and face on here without getting put on probation because of his hideousness

That was a very deserved probation

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sam appears very badly and poorly

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Jerusalem posted:

With all those WWE meets Scooby Doo/Flinetstones/Jetsons DVDs, I would totally watch a WWE Wacky Races

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

oh boy, a mojo rawley match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
hey an unannounced pre-show match!!!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Rusev's "wtf????" face and gesture at Nakamura Day :laffo:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
:laffo: Sirius XM host not allowed to speak. Is he like Sirius product placement or something?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WHERE THE gently caress IS MY GIANT TEXT ON THE SCREEN, WWE!?

smh this ppv sucks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

With all those WWE meets Scooby Doo/Flinetstones/Jetsons DVDs, I would totally watch a WWE Wacky Races

I don't ask for much in life, just Undertaker tootling down to the ring in the Creepy Coupe.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

DEAR RICHARD posted:

don’t go through Pixie Project unless you want to jump through hoops that are also on fire

...though I guess it was maybe worth it for this jerk

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
God drat even by B-show standards this is a total nothingburger of a card

The Smackdown PPV era gets the sendoff it deserves

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Did Dolph get a new haircut or was I trippin'?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
this is going to suck rear end

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Death by pecs could save this.

https://www.facebook.com/xavierwoodsphd/videos/956919331140136/

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

For some reason I'm watching this. I could just go rewatch all the great New Japan Cup matches from the last 3 days but nope, I'm watching this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Renee’s jacket is amazing

• Locked thread