Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Did everyone else see that :effort: tapout advertisement for what looked like a lotion or something in the bottom right corner of the 6-pack challenge graphic? I have to admire the brazenness of throwing an ad in there and clearly just using mspaint-level tech to do it, just a plain grey box outline with the product in the bottom right of the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

As goofy as it is, I like that they're consistent with even the smallest contact being enough to break up a pin, like there Ziggler ran in and smacked Cena lightly on the back in that elevated pin on the stairs and whoop, pin broken!

I would have liked Styles to be alive again for longer before just popping in and hitting his finisher for the win, but oh well. Kinda cool that they developed the KO/Zayn/Shane story, maybe set up Corbin/Ziggler, and furthered Cena's "I need a match for Wrestlemania gotta do it somehow!" story all in one match.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't hate Shane, in that I'm basically neutral toward him.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Jiro posted:

Cena gonna have a match at Takeover instead.

I still want to see Cena vs. Taker despite how Taker can barely move, but it'd do a lot to raise the profile of Takeover if a super big name like Cena just says "Oh you don't want to give me a match at Mania okay, I'll go fight the NXT champ instead deal with it." or some such.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I was like that a few months ago but at this point, he's worse than Steph. WORSE. THAN. STEPH.

I'm sure only catching the occasional Raw or Smackdown highlight due to not having cable helps me out here. I'm mostly just glad that Sami is a major part of a high-priority storyline and not floundering around doing nothing.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

wtf was Roode going for when he got RKO'd?

Every Orton opponent adds a low-flying headbutt to their arsenal when they fight him.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Boy, do I have news for you about his Mania plans

Oof, well I was thinking we'd get KO/Zayn and it's hard to have that suck, but with how things went down tonight who the hell knows I guess.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I like Randy saying he liked seeing Cena cry, fun to see that there are still embers from when they fought each other for like 5 years straight.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Okay I need to know, why does that bludgeon brothers highlight keep freezing, it's the second time I've seen that happen on a recap and it's really bugging me.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Dango Bango posted:

*Weighs in at 180*

The WWE rigged scale working overtime to make Cena cruiserweight, I'd dig it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Maybe Xavier died and they don't want to show that part

Oof didn't know that, that sucks. Hope he's okay!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

For some reason no one, across the board, can talk tonight. Renee's "is this a mute point" and the announcers mixing up names like usual and at times just completely unable to clearly speak words, I don't know it just seems worse than usual today.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

J-Ru please change my name to Shinsuke Snickers Nakamura.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

God imagine if this was the OG Talking Smack, and Bryan was just sitting here completely making GBS threads all over Shane to his face.... :sigh:

Bryan on TS and people responding to Bryan was too amazing to last. The brightest candles burn twice as fast.

Also I guess my free joke name change won't happen, but I can't wait for Shinsuke Snickers Nakamura's match at Wrestlemania!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Oh really, Shane is frustrated by Bryan's actions? :rolleyes:

I mean, we gotta at least see some fun stuff with Bryan and Shane coming out of this right? Right? The Shane stuff isn't all bad, it can't be! I want to believe :negative:.

• Locked thread