Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The rye chips in chex mix are incredibley inferior to the ones in Gardettos.

That being said, they aren't great by themselves.

Also, Gardetos: give me back my sesame bread sticks you motherfucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

my bitter bi rival posted:

when youre browsing the gas station snack aisle on a road trip and spot that bag...

These all-rye chip bags are disappointing. The process of working your way to the rye chips* adds anticipation and enjoyment to the eventual achievement of the rye chips.

*: The correct order is: bread-sticks, straight pretzels, regular pretzels, then and only then the rye chips.**

**: Previous to the removal of sesame bread-sticks in 2013 the correct order was: ordinary bread-sticks, straight pretzels, sesame bread-sticks, regular pretzels, rye chips. The mixing of pretzel and bread-stick courses provided micro-achievement and improved the final enjoyment of the rye chips.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sorry ‘bout your poorly-optimized consumption of snack foods, bro.

:sympathy:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

you goons have gotten me mad about chex mix! how has my life come to this?!?!

If I had access only to Chex Mix rather than to Gardetto's I'd be pretty mad too?

:nitecrew:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

not by choice, yosfriend

:negative:

Yeah, me either. But my two-week rotation on third-shift ends this morning so :woop:.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm eating some Gardetto's right now.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Now I'm starting in on the rye chips!

:yum:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Forgot to update this. The rye chips were real good.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

lard is great and if you don't think so you've been propagandized by the crisco corporation starting about 1940.

:mason::hf::jewish:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
My third-shift stand got extended for "a week" (read: "for as long as we loving well want and gently caress you very much for asking to go back on your "regular" days schedule you little poo poo") so you all can look forward to many more snack food trip-reports in the days to come!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

do you have a brain fever or something?????

jesus christ.

Exactly: my posts are always both good and 100% factually correct.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner posted:

*: The correct order is: bread-sticks, straight pretzels, regular pretzels, then and only then the rye chips.**

**: Previous to the removal of sesame bread-sticks in 2013 the correct order was: ordinary bread-sticks, straight pretzels, sesame bread-sticks, regular pretzels, rye chips. The mixing of pretzel and bread-stick courses provided micro-achievement and improved the final enjoyment of the rye chips.

After thorough testing, I am ready to update my Gardetto's eating order to the following: Straight pretzels, Breadsticks (of both sorts, being so similar as to make differentiation between the two a waste of effort), standard pretzels, rye chips as I have determined this provides superior flavor-outcomes to the previous order.

E: Additionally, the early removal of straight pretzels frees up enough room to make the removal of the breadsticks easier, resulting in fewer error situations where breadsticks are found after the commencement of the regular pretzel eating phase.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 19, 2018

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

what in the name of christ is going on with your av

:psyduck:

Horus Heresy players is some salty-rear end bitches.

:shrug:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it is a good avatar, cherish it

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

chex mix is perfect just the way it is

:wrong:

Chex mix is merely a degenerate form of Gardetto's.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner posted:

After thorough testing, I am ready to update my Gardetto's eating order to the following: Straight pretzels, Breadsticks (of both sorts, being so similar as to make differentiation between the two a waste of effort), standard pretzels, rye chips as I have determined this provides superior flavor-outcomes to the previous order.

E: Additionally, the early removal of straight pretzels frees up enough room to make the removal of the breadsticks easier, resulting in fewer error situations where breadsticks are found after the commencement of the regular pretzel eating phase.

I have developed a preference among breadsticks: the zig-zaggy ones (which were brought in from Chex Mix to replace the vastly superior sesame breadsticks) are inferior to the other "pillowy" kind and are therefore consumed immediately after the straight pretzels but before the pillowy breadsticks.

The current eating order is therefore:
  • Straight pretzels
  • zig-zag breadsticks
  • pillowy breadsticks standard pretzels
  • standard pretzels pillowy breadsticks
  • rye chips
  • leftover detritus

Additionally, I have determined that the denseness of the straight pretzels means they fall to the bottom of the mix and therefore the rooting required to remove them first serves to thoroughly mix the remaining Gardetto's and causes the rye chips to attract more detritus which further improves them.

E: I'm actually wondering if the pillowy breadsticks aren't actually better than the regular pretzels (and therefore should be consumed penultimate to the rye chips).

EE: They are, updated to reflect.

EEE: Updated further to include detritus as it's really a separate component.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 24, 2018

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Due to the nature of the product, some breakage and salt loss will occur during shipping.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i didn't even know that this is a thing

You’ve never been to, like, a baseball game and seen the 1-foot diameter super pretzels?

Hell, even the bier gardens around here sell fancy versions of them.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I have leftover harissa from yesterday's pita, and a bag of pretzels.

:yum:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 1, 2018

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Exploring my feelings w/r/t Pizzeria Combos.

They have me on third shift to spy on a guy.

This is not a great situation.

Additionally, Pizzeria Combos are not great.

This situation is less-great than Pizzeria Combos.

Two more weeks on the :nitecrew:!

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 7, 2018

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
This might be more of a GIP question but does burnt (human) skin really smell like rubber? I would have more expected that it would smell uncomfortably close to BBQ.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

as long as they’re not pretzel combos i’d probably like them.

It's like, pizza sauce-and-cheese flavored filling with pretzel shells?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
While this remains a great order in which to eat Gardetto's I'm having trouble determining what is and isn't "leftover detrius", maybe I need to establuish a standard and buy a micrometer?

• Straight pretzels
  • zig-zag breadsticks
  • pillowy breadsticks standard pretzels
  • standard pretzels pillowy breadsticks
  • rye chips
  • leftover detritus

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Work has a box of salted-in-shell pistachios out.

:woop:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the worst kind besides pumpkin

:wrong:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

u need to go to the tongue doctor because something is very obviously wrong here.

Can confirm that Peanut Butter M&Ms are both good and cool, far surpassing (in both peanut butter and chocolate quality) their nearest equivalent, the Reese's Piece.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
They got rid of the guy with the drinking problem. It was necessary and the best available option but I find one of my boss' crowing about it unseemly. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

flakeloaf posted:

rancid meat waste as a service

dsyp

• Locked thread