Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Its just flat out a bad story. When it comes down to it Romans promo is about how it isn't fair and he is going to sternly talk to management until they make it fair. Being the work snitch is never going to get over. You're especially not going to make it get over when your opponent is a dude who is famous for telling bosses and sponsers to gently caress off. The story just makes Roman look uncool.

It just reminds me that one of Cena's first big babyface moments in his rapper gimmick was to give Teddy Long the FU/AA because Teddy wouldn't let him beat up the heel he was feuding with. JOHN CENA was more believably anti-authority than Reigns. (I also vividly recall Vince doing a big heel promo that ended with him declaring he was UNTOUCHABLE, which seemed like an obvious set-up for Cena to come out and cut a promo on him, because his song's opening sting was "So... you think you're untouchable?"... yet, nada.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

piss tape israel posted:

That whole thread of comments is amazing. I don't know how a company could be this tone deaf

Like, Mildred Burke is in their loving Hall of Fame. Just name it after her if you don't want to do the Chyna thing. Sherri Martel. Miss Elizabeth. June Byers. ANYone.

(I doubt they'll back down because you know they've already had the trophy made.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

If Braun is getting a comedy tag team reign they need to immediately rehire James Ellsworth as his partner

Can even re-use the Enzo spots where Braun just hurls Ellsworth at the opponents as a bludgeon.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

Y'all know Shane is coming back next week to beat up Owens and Zayn by himself, right

Oh, it'll be worse than that: Ziggler's gonna make the save for Shane.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddeKAaB7Nrs

Patronising Big Wool best gimmick of 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

I could see him being a fun and ridiculous GM. Kind of the complete opposite of the GMs who stack the deck against the faces. "You're going one on one with the 5000 pound Big Show, dude! I bodyslammed his father to death in front of six billion people, he's even bigger!"

He was pretty bad at this in TNA, tho.

Except when Dixie got dragged on the ground grabbing his ankles to stop him leaving.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sugar Blaster posted:

Not that they shouldn't, but one of the Usos got a DWI a few months back and literally nothing came of it.

The Usos don't have a publicly documented history of substance abuse.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's how I feel about literally everything WWE including the main roster. I know most people think I'm a rube but ah well. :)

Have you watched any wrestling except WWE, Foochs? This is not meant sarcastically, I'm not sure I've seen you post in other threads and am genuinely curious as to your thoughts :)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I had a huge rear end post 99% done and my phone ate it. I'm so mad. Short version, TNA is worse WWE, ROH doesn't grab me even though I regularly watch it, Honor Club was an exciting prospect but the limited archive is a pass right now, and I've been over my NJPW thoughts so many times, though I may reiterate then later if this conversation continues. :)

Please do! I'd love to hear them because I've either got a massive hole in my memory, or have missed your previous comments on the subject!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

I know why your situation restricts you from getting and watching NJPW World easily, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it as a promotion.

I was unaware of the first part, but otherwise I'll reiterate my desire to hear the latter too.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7KY372PV7k

WHY DIDN'T YOU LET HIM DO THIS poo poo IN THE FIRST PLACE, VINCE?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh, unless this is region-locked somehow, I'm pretty sure New Japan World is available on Amazon Fire. I watched Wrestle Kingdom and a lot of last year's G1 on my mother's Fire Stick on their app.

Edit: Link

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 17, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I THINK the app library is different for the sticks but I'll check.

Yeah I just checked and there's not a version on the tablet because reasons?

Huh, that link was from a search i did on the tablet app section on the site. :confused:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The only thing that's not on there would be things like post-match promos, but they've started subtitling those on their YouTube page.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Cameo posted:

"This is the real Dragon Ball" - Kota Ibushi, age 10

So Ibushi just stopped getting any smarter after 5th grade?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

I've never been able to square the Japanese need for things being compact, space-saving, and multi-function due to the massive premium placed on space with their extreme reluctance to move to digital platforms and their shyness at new tech adoption in general - I'm fairly sure Japan is the only place where new music is still released on cassettes nowadays.
It's also weird given that they don't have the same mindset regarding property. Housing in Japan doesn't really get resold over and over like in the west. It's just as common for a home to get torn down once it's owners move out.

I suspect that may have a bit to do with the focus on physical items/media. Your childhood home may be gone, but you can still have the tape player your dad got you when you were 12. Plus it's an aging population and a culture where tradition is important, so why change things that work? I'm sure we all have parents or older friends/relatives who refuse to upgrade to an HD TV or a smartphone because their existing one works fine.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

I can definitely see that. Takeover is more of an overbooked super indie show show - even with Gargano/Ciampa. The 205 Live tournament and final has a lot more soul.

Well, Takeover is actually directly competing with the big indie shows (especially the ROH show) that weekend/day for the same demo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Eventually you can watch individual matches on New Japan World, thought it does take them a while to clip the shows up. And AXS never shows the undercard, or even most of the less important tournament matches. (I doubt JR and Barnett are gonna be watching Yano vs DBS Jr, for instance)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I could see the Ultimate Deletion being either the top of the second or third hour. Although they may open with it if they adjust the format to account for people tuning in later to have the Cena/Rousey/Reigns angles happen later in the show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The design is also really close to the Bullet Club shirts while also, amazingly enough, having none of the style that makes the Bullet Club shirt a good shirt.

Didn't the first Balor Club shirt have an even more obvious rip-off design that they basically instantly pulled from the store because it WOULD have gotten them sued?

And the Too Sweet thing is classic corporate power play. WWE don't really have a legal leg to stand on regarding the gesture or phrase as they'd let it slide for nearly 5 years, but they were banking on neither NJPW nor the Young Bucks wanting to actually shell out the money to contest it in court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
PWInsider is claiming The Ultimate Deletion is getting the main event slot on Raw.

• Locked thread