Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
you can take my grappling hook from my cold dead hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Im going to keep avoiding scout and being concerned about pubby scouts until he gets a real permanent building tool to help the other dwarves, like permanent flares or placing floodlights or something. If that never happens, so be it :colbert:

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Bugs pinged by the scout should take extra damage, fite me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Psion posted:

all 4 classes are fun and good to play so it boggles the mind someone refusing to play one of them, imo

it's less refusal and more which one pisses me off in the hands of pubbies the most on any given day

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Biggest issue is that it's a big time sink to get other classes up to snuff honestly.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Hollandia posted:

this but its flare getting lodged in bugs. would stick to bosses/menaces through tunnels. bing bong

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Bottom Liner posted:

Biggest issue is that it's a big time sink to get other classes up to snuff honestly.

Meh it doesn’t take that long to get them promoted and that’s all you need to do really

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
having a good driller or not is like night and day. note: i am not a good driller.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Delacroix posted:

The engy is the explosion wizard.
You're an engy Harry!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hollandia posted:

Homeless Friend posted:

this but its flare getting lodged in bugs. would stick to bosses/menaces through tunnels. bing bong

Either flares fired into boss bugs stick on them to keep them ping'd and damage taken is increased OR flares stuck in the terrain radiate a damage increase debuff to bugs in the light radius.

Non stacking. A fully lit room has more than just visual advantage to the crew.

e; Make it an overclock.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 1, 2021

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I think I'm going to reinstall and pick Engy back up, after the past couple pages

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Bottom Liner posted:

Keep an eye on the server list and do x2 exp missions when they pop up by joining games that are already in progress. It takes no time at all. You don't even have to promote, just get it to 17 or whatever the final equipment upgrade is. They get fun well before that point, it's really only the first couple missions that aren't great (and that's true for Scout too, you just don't know any better the first time), and you get a buttload of perk points for taking each one to 20.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 1, 2021

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Hollandia posted:

just my imo but scout's flare gun should, when fired at a bug, stick in it and either make it take extra damage or 'taunt' it and make it chase the scout. preferably the second since ifgs already exist.

that way he has a bit more utility and scouts who don't use the flaregun enough would be more incentivized to do so

MariusLecter posted:

e; Make it an overclock.
to be honest, don't make it an overclock. there's already so much utility stuck behind finding the right overclocks, especially for scout.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Is the discord in the OP the best place to find groups still?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah a bunch of us are on the goon coop discord

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

having a good driller or not is like night and day. note: i am not a good driller.

I feel this way about the scout, it's the difference between having light and ammo or not

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

pokchu posted:

Is the discord in the OP the best place to find groups still?

Yes, groups happen on the regular in the evenings

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug
I crossed the 500 hour mark today, only 1 promotion away from having all 4 classes in gold level. I usually just join pubbie games cause the community for this game is generally pretty decent, but I definitely should get on that discord and play with some goons.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
A regular and/or at least willing to communicate squad makes it a better game, that's for sure

5 more levels and two promotion assignments and I've got all-gold on all 4 dwarves too. Then ... sigh ... the last of my solo missions.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'm not sure who'd win in this scenario but i'm not putting money on the dino

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

dreadnaught.png

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Does anyone combo Vampire with the passive from See You In Hell?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Just rolled special powder for scout!

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

Unsinkabear posted:

Does anyone combo Vampire with the passive from See You In Hell?

I've tried but on any class except driller it's entirely useless, on driller it's only mostly useless. For driller, the damage increase when drilling frozen enemies is noticeable only on big bugs that you could kill quicker with an axe or power attack, you won't notice it on grunts since they get mulched quickly without it up even if you don't run barbed drills. The damage boost only lasts for 2 seconds and requires you to get hit to proc, so it won't last long enough to get back the health you lost proccing it on a no shield map. The only other class I could see it being vaguely useful on would be scout with cryo nades for increased damage, but the pick attack speed so slow that you get maybe 2 swings if you notice its up quickly enough before it runs out and power attacks would kill grunts without the perk anyway.

Don't bother unless GSG greatly increases the amount of time the passive boost lasts.

E: I've also tried it with Berzerker and it has the same problem, even with better weight balance on your pick you can do one power attack per second with Berzerker so you only get one power attack per SYIH proc anyway.

PolarPear fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 2, 2021

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Vampire + see you in hell lets you one shot grunts with a pickaxe headshot, it's not bad when combined with thorns. Even though I melee a few dozen grunts every mission, active perk slots are too few and active perks too many to fit it into my general purpose loadouts.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Been playing again lately, love the game dearly, and am one of the few people to double dip on Xbox and Steam with DLC on both. Recently had a blursed oil run on Haz3. Haunted cave dense biome gold modifier, pots of gold at the bar.

I dont remember the missions actual name but i started calling it Mission: Mission Accomplished.

Lets look at the check list:

1. The native population is exploding and on fire: Check
2. We are stealing oil : check
3: We are doing it for profit: check

Congratulations Brothers, We Did It.

Rock and Stone, to the Bone!

( I did not condone the actions of Mission Control )

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I have it on Steam and Msft Store, it'd be neat to be able to easily maintain a character between both (that doesn't rely on copying files back and forth) because the Steam version has guild support and modding support in the pipeline, but the Xbox version lets me play with console friends.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I wouldn't count on crossplay between MS/Xbox and Steam anytime soon. You could probably set up some kind of rsync in the background to keep the files in sync, you'd still be copying files back and forth but at least it'd be hands-off.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

If someone figures out a stable/safe way to do that, please post

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Is there any estimate when a PS4 version is coming, if ever?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I run see you in hell and vampire on all my driller loadouts, feels good.

cage-free egghead posted:

Is there any estimate when a PS4 version is coming, if ever?

I think they’ve said it’s be too much work for their small team and there are no plans

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Unsinkabear posted:

If someone figures out a stable/safe way to do that, please post

Symlink the character folders into one spot?

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
i LOVE the gunner class!!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I tried the Sentry Whip this morning and I don't know if I am doing something wrong but it didn't seem to do anything? I am using Gemini turrets as well, I am not sure if that affects it.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Mesadoram posted:

So I tried the Sentry Whip this morning and I don't know if I am doing something wrong but it didn't seem to do anything? I am using Gemini turrets as well, I am not sure if that affects it.

It's supposed to fire a big blast wherever it aims, even if there aren't any bugs nearby. Should be very noticeable.

I had an issue with the hawkeye aiming thing seemingly not doing anything, but I think they fixed that in a hotfix.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Krowley posted:

It's supposed to fire a big blast wherever it aims, even if there aren't any bugs nearby. Should be very noticeable.

I had an issue with the hawkeye aiming thing seemingly not doing anything, but I think they fixed that in a hotfix.

Server I was in this morning the guy was lagging pretty badly, so that might be why I didn't notice it. I will play around with it more later.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

So you shot the turret with your warthog that has the turret whip mod and it didn't proc? The only thing I can think of is it costs 10 ammo from the turret, did they have enough ammo?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dogen posted:

So you shot the turret with your warthog that has the turret whip mod and it didn't proc? The only thing I can think of is it costs 10 ammo from the turret, did they have enough ammo?

They did, I think it was because the host was lagging up a storm (600 ping). So I think I probably missed the effect due to the lag. I heard a noise, like a power up type one, so I am pretty sure it went off.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah that’s likely it. 600 ping, jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dogen posted:

Yeah that’s likely it. 600 ping, jesus

It was lol. I just wanted one game before work, tried to tough it out :smith:.