Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think a baby difficulty like Haz 1 is right now has a place because there are still people who are learning how to play FPS games. As a relatively niche indie game I find it doubtful that this will be many people's first FPS, but hey, you never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fishstick posted:

Yeah I saw some driller use it to blow out compacted dirt sections, the size of the crater it makes is hilarious and it just makes entire new hallways.

I'm really enjoying this update. Haz 4 extractions and salvages are some of my favorite modes now just because of the chaos and constant enemies, and the new engineer armor is just perfect

Zzzzzzap.

You are one black hair from being Robotinik.

You can also do Mario with Engineer while on that subject.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I've had a pretty good time with pubbies thus far, but I also haven't gone into Hazard 4 and 5, so I assume it's similar to other horde-shooters in which you can do fine with the pubstove in the average difficulties but will want an organized team to face the challenging one.

Grenades good, Dwarfs good, game good.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Turin Turambar posted:

Can we have a list of multiplayer games that AREN'T mismanaged by their devs? I can only think of mismanaged ones:

Anthem
Battlefield
Overwatch (at a smaller level, but in the last two months I read lots of opinions of how Overwatch was good during the first year, that's it)
Payday 2
Vermintide 2
PUBG

Maybe CoD? CS: GO? Fornite? I don't play them, no idea.
edit: oh Rainbow Six Siege and Warframe, I always heard positive things.

Have you heard about Deep Rock Galactic?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I'd say Killing Floor 2 is well managed too. I think the Resistances' update during Early Access was the only bad one they did and they rolled that back relatively quickly.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Red Orchestra 2 Rising Storm has the best video game flamethrower

Tripwire's gunfeel is the best in the genre.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Are the assignments for unlocking Pickaxe skins timed or can I do them whenever?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rynoto posted:

They're from promotions so are untimed and can stack - ie. complete one and another will unlock if you have multiple promotions saved up. They can also be a set of armour colours + helmet instead of the pickaxe.

Awesome, thanks!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

While we're talking Scout, what's a good way to use his akimbo SMGs? They reload and dump very quickly, but I feel the shotgun is ultimately better at close range DPS, am I missing something? So far the only upside I've noticed for it is that it is easier to leave a grunt at low health for a quick melee kill to proc Vampire.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am honestly amazed to encounter the Unreal Biorifle again.

[edit] And now I hope the Scout's new Carbine can become the Unreal Pulse Gun with the right overclock

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The Gunner's new primary can also be the eightball launcher with the right overclock :getin:

Although the spread is more like the flak cannon but hey whatever

Oh, boy! I have to pick that one.

i really miss unreal tournament

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Zephro posted:

So far this game has the Shock Rifle, the Biorifle and the eight-ball launcher. Clearly the devs have good taste :getin:

edit: my last weapon unlock mission is a 3-complexity point extraction on an ice map; hunt the blue glow in the map where everything glows blue :negative:

Which weapon can be turned into the Shock Rifle, by the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

tight aspirations posted:

Yeah, I think you should be able to choose complexity and length as well as hazard level.

I like the new missions (haven't tried the newest) but yeah, I do wish you could choose the above too. Sometimes I only got a tiny bit of time to play with and I skip on doing a DRG run because some missions can easily go over 30 minutes if things go wrong.